First Froyo alpha release.

Guest phhusson

Guest Scsiborg

Just had a good play with froyo on a friends newly rooted desire. Its great, in in two minds just to buy a desire!! (just kidding). Its a big step forward, looking forward to having it myself

Guest fastreward

OT: i heard that Vache has locked his Liquid because of Rogers SIM Locked ROM, he said good bye to Liquid community

Yeah that really sucks :/

Perhaps he'll keep it as a walkman/mobile game console and will still dev with it

That really sucks for Vache. Maybe we could organize a donation and buy him a second hand liquid on ebay ?

Or he could fake that he woke a up a morning and discovered his Liquid blocked, and return it to the french customers center (SAV) and get it replaced/repared free of charge (I did that with a broken screen and it worked)

Edited by fastreward

Guest akira.pwr
That really sucks for Vache. Maybe we could organize a donation and buy him a second hand liquid on ebay ?

Or he could fake that he woke a up a morning and discovered his Liquid blocked, and return it to the french customers center (SAV) and get it replaced/repared free of charge (I did that with a broken screen and it worked)

I'll give a donation, he work on his own device for us too, i think is good to do something for him.

Guest gengaro86

I'll donate something too, he was working to improve our user experience. We should make a new thread and ask him how much he needs to have a second hand Liquid on eBay.

If we're lucky enough we should be able to have him back in a few weeks! :)

Guest fastreward

Second hand liquid on ebay.fr : arround 170e // ebay.com starts from 108$

I'm not fresh enough to check all the web for the cheapest liquid x)

But, Vache may try with acer customers service first, they could replace his Liquid free of charge...

Guest akira.pwr
Second hand liquid on ebay.fr : arround 170e // ebay.com starts from 108$

I'm not fresh enough to check all the web for the cheapest liquid x)

But, Vache may try with acer customers service first, they could replace his Liquid free of charge...

We are a lot, i think we can buy him a new liquid if everyone give something, if his first device will be replaced, he can work on it without fear to block it again.

Guest vikings123
We are a lot, i think we can buy him a new liquid if everyone give something, if his first device will be replaced, he can work on it without fear to block it again.

Yeah.... +1.

Guest HustlinDaily

Vache is too important to the Liquid Community. He has been contributing to LCR 1.7, FroYo as well as his own roms. He is too important.

He did something to try to better the roms and ended up getting screwed over.

We should start a fund to get him a new Liquid. I would defin donate.

BTW I bought mine for USD$360- http://www.google.com/product_url?q=http:/...d=0CAkQgwgwADgU

There are some places which are about $10 cheaper but no idea if they ship to Europe.

Guest Borkata
netfilter is already in, but I know tethering needs other options, but I suck at networking, so I'll wait for people to tell me what they need exactly :)

android-wifi-tether application checks for these params if enabled in kernel:

CONFIG_NETFILTER

CONFIG_IP_NF_IPTABLES

CONFIG_NETFILTER_XT_MATCH_MAC

There might be others as well, but looking at source code of application I can see only these.

Guest VooDoo7mx
OT: i heard that Vache has locked his Liquid because of Rogers SIM Locked ROM, he said good bye to Liquid community :)

So Vache flashed the Rogers ROM on his Liquid and can´t flash back now? Am I getting this right? Why did he flash in the first place and why he can´t flash back?

Guest akira.pwr
::OFF TOPIC::

Thx to all of you for your support :)

::/OFF TOPIC::

Thanks to you and all devs to your support to our liquid. :)

Guest matthewye

Dear All,

Vache has been important to the development of liquid. Acer should really offer him a new dev.

Vache, please let us know whether or not the donations you have been receiving are enough for you to buy another second hand/new liquid? I am sure that a lot of us (inclduing me of course) are willing to make up the remaining.

Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers,

Matt

Dear All,

Vache has been important to the development of liquid. Acer should really offer him a new dev.

Vache, please let us know whether or not the donations you have been receiving are enough for you to buy another second hand/new liquid? I am sure that a lot of us (inclduing me of course) are willing to make up the remaining.

Sorry for my bad English.

Cheers,

Matt

+1 - Yep that right - let us know how much you still need...

Vache, I've got your back! Not much from me, but I hope everyone will join.

By the way, do not throw your locked Liquid just yet - I will have a LOT of free time at the end of July and I would be very happy to solve that puzzle (:

Guest simoneser

Vache has reached money to buy a new Liquid :)

Anyway, Phh do you have some news on your work or it's still stopped?

Thank you.

Guest phhusson
Vache has reached money to buy a new Liquid :)

Anyway, Phh do you have some news on your work or it's still stopped?

Thank you.

Still nothing new (I'm playing with a Desire ROM though)

Guest akira.pwr
Still nothing new (I'm playing with a Desire ROM though)

:) :) :) Grrr... :)

Are you leaving us liquid users all alone?

Edited by akira.pwr

Akira don't say such things.

Porting something on Liquid is really hard, what he already done is great and he's trying to fix the problems. But he doesn't have much time and like I said it's hard.

Edited by bais

Guest akira.pwr
Akira don't say such things.

Porting something on Liquid is really hard, what he already done is great and he's trying to fix the problems. But he doesn't have much time and like I said it's hard.

I can imagine what are you saying, but if he begin to play with desire rom, froyo project for liquid will be stopped completely, i only asked what he want to do, if he leave froyo, i don't expect anything.

I won't force anyone to do anything.

Guest fischschneehase

I dont k ow whicg problems you have got froyo works well for me. The only thing which anoys me is the graphiks bug....

Guest akira.pwr
I dont k ow whicg problems you have got froyo works well for me. The only thing which anoys me is the graphiks bug....

Same for me, but i'd like to have camera fixed (i was at Alice in Chains concert without camera... Sigh..) and battery life longer.

Then overheat and wifi.

Guest phhusson
:) :) :) Grrr... :)

Are you leaving us liquid users all alone?

Desire ROM on Liquid .....

Froyo's problem will be exactly the same for ANY other ported ROM (until we get eclair kernel, or I fix them.)