First Froyo alpha release.

Guest phhusson

Guest phhusson

Concerning 3G, are you sure it doesn't switch to HSDPA, but perhaps the icon doesn't work ?

My plan doesn't make it possible to have >40kB/s, so HSDPA or not doesn't really help ...

Anyway, in "about my phone", it says that the connected network is hsdpa.

Guest Quipeace
Sorry for noob question, where i have to put boot image for oc for install it?

You just download it to your harddrive and flash it using fastboot (described earlier in this thread)

Guest simoneser
Concerning 3G, are you sure it doesn't switch to HSDPA, but perhaps the icon doesn't work ?

My plan doesn't make it possible to have >40kB/s, so HSDPA or not doesn't really help ...

I remember that Nexus One has some problem displaying HSDPA icon.

:)

Going to search

Guest akira.pwr

That is what i have though, maybe icon don't change correctly when connection changed, it seems to be fast enough.

Guest bais

Yeah I think phh is right.

I remember Nexus One users said that there's no H icon in Froyo, only 3G but they said that 3G+ (HSDPA) still worked...

Guest Charlton22

I've just tested speed with Speedtest.net

1.38Mb/s Download

&

0.26Mb/s Upload...

Im not sure if HSPDA is working, but I don't think these are HSDPA Speeds or I'm wrong?

Edited by Charlton22

Guest chingy1788

1.29Mb/s is HSDPA Speeds

3G speeds peak at 384Kb/s

HSDPA is usually up to 3.6Mb/s and can go up to 7.2Mb/s if your carrier supports it

Edited by chingy1788

Guest mirox3m

Correct! I tested the download and the speed was 340 kilobytes/sec

Guest Charlton22
1.29Mb/s is HSDPA Speeds

3G speeds peak at 384Kb/s

HSDPA is usually up to 3.6Mb/s and can go up to 7.2Mb/s if your carrier supports it

So should I contact my service privider?

Should I claim for 7.2Mb/s?

My max is 1.4Mb/s

Guest bais

No you don't have to.

They say 7.2 mb/s but you probably won't ever download a file at those speed.

It's like when your internet provider say 28 or 100 MB/s I doubt you'll download at 100 MB by sec...

Guest Charlton22
No you don't have to.

They say 7.2 mb/s but you probably won't ever download a file at those speed.

It's like when your internet provider say 28 or 100 MB/s I doubt you'll download at 100 MB by sec...

Just contacted my service provider and I was told that they support 3.5Mb/s max and they are currently upgrading to 7.2Mb/s...

I will try the speed from another location later..

Guest akira.pwr
Somebody try to install htc v26 froyo?

I can t install apk i think.

I don't know where to find it...

Is possible to have a stream lock screen on froyo? I think it's cool.

Guest Quipeace

Alright, just reflashed to test the new boot images, and they even solved the problem I had with my app :)

Some results:

Version, Result, before/after, frequency improvement

Linpack:

Before: 5.3MFLOPS

768MHz: 31MFLOPS 5.8x

998MHz: 41MFLOPS 7.7x, 1.3x

aPrime, 0-100k: (my own app)

Before: 648ms

768MHz: 256ms 2.5x

998MHz: 196ms 3.3x, 1.3x

So results are pretty consistent, looks like my app doesn't like the JIT compiler as much as linpack, but still quite an improvement right?

Funny how the higher frequency instantly improves performance and seems linear as well (1.3x higher frequency also equals 1.3 times higher performance in both apps).

Oh man I don't want to go back to eclair :)

Guest akira.pwr
Alright, just reflashed to test the new boot images, and they even solved the problem I had with my app :)

Some results:

Version, Result, before/after, frequency improvement

Linpack:

Before: 5.3MFLOPS

768MHz: 31MFLOPS 5.8x

998MHz: 41MFLOPS 7.7x, 1.3x

aPrime, 0-100k: (my own app)

Before: 648ms

768MHz: 256ms 2.5x

998MHz: 196ms 3.3x, 1.3x

So results are pretty consistent, looks like my app doesn't like the JIT compiler as much as linpack, but still quite an improvement right?

Funny how the higher frequency instantly improves performance and seems linear as well (1.3x higher frequency also equals 1.3 times higher performance in both apps).

Oh man I don't want to go back to eclair :)

I don't go back, i wait for new releases with some fix, now i'm an official PHHroyo user :)

Guest Quipeace

Sadly have to, don't have a data plan and I really don't like financing my phone carrier XD.

By the way, the default launcher runs so smooth without live wallpapers :)

EDIT: So phhroyo is now the official name? :)

Edited by Quipeace

Guest akira.pwr
Sadly have to, don't have a data plan and I really don't like financing my phone carrier XD.

By the way, the default launcher runs so smooth without live wallpapers :)

EDIT: So phhroyo is now the official name? :)

I use launcher pro, it's my favourite, but i don't dislike stream launcher :)

I think PHHroyo can be the official name, can't we tell to PHH? It's his creature :)

Guest 7G HK

I have tested my Liquid with Unlimited Data Plan

It can reach around 600KByte/s download and 250KBytes/s upload

It highly depends on your signal level and what connection used by the cell site.

e.g. If the cell site is just connected with a few E1 connection, it must be slow; else with Optical Fiber or Microwave, the performance will be much better.

Guest fischschneehase

Hi@all just a question i like froyo very much because its very fast but my phone gets very warm if i use it for a few minutes... it gets up to 45 c°? ! Is this normal or is it bad?

In additiin to that any idea when the grafic bug will be fixed?

Guest cacolol

phhroyo is a good name but i think he is not alone, vache and malez works also on this rom :)

I wait for wifi but it's really hard :)

Guest mirox3m
Hi@all just a question i like froyo very much because its very fast but my phone gets very warm if i use it for a few minutes... it gets up to 45 c°? ! Is this normal or is it bad?

In additiin to that any idea when the grafic bug will be fixed?

These 2 issues are actually related to each other. 60% of battery is cnsumed by the screen, which is due to the screen bug (at least that is what I think).

Guest jayziac

Screen battery consumption is related to the LED backlight, which is related to the brightness setting. The graphic bug not likely a battery drain. The warmness may be due to the higher CPU frequency, even the stock 2.1 Eclair ROMs get warm after some time at 768 Mhz, and Froyo uses higher frequency than that.