First Froyo alpha release.

Guest phhusson

Guest Charlton22
921 mhz reboots after afew minutes can somone condirm this?

Not every one...

I'm with 998Mhz and in 1hr no reboots...

I worked 920Mhz for 2 days.. no reboots...

Not all devices performs the same...

Guest blackrod
921 mhz reboots after afew minutes can somone condirm this?

921 mhz works me well, at 998 mhz my liquid restarts after 3-4 minutes, and having issues with call audio too. However it is great to have froyo working on my liquid, even in alpha state :) Great work phhusson :)

Guest Charlton22
921 mhz works me well, at 998 mhz my liquid restarts after 3-4 minutes, and having issues with call audio too. However it is great to have froyo working on my liquid, even in alpha state :) Great work phhusson :)

Just tested a phone call... worked well with 998Mhz...

EDIT >>>> No reboots within 2hrs :)

EDIT>>>> Is it safe to go over 1Ghz?? :)

Edited by Charlton22

Guest Quipeace
Just tested a phone call... worked well with 998Mhz...

EDIT >>>> No reboots within 2hrs :)

EDIT>>>> Is it safe to go over 1Ghz?? :)

Well, as long as you don't let the temperature rise too much you should be fine. Just keep in mind that the processor is undervolted, and you are already lucky that your Liquid runs at 1GHz. I don't think you can push it much further, or not far to see a significant improvement in performance.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest Charlton22
Well, as long as you don't let the temperature rise too much you should be fine. Just keep in mind that the processor is undervolted, and you are already lucky that your Liquid runs at 1GHz. I don't think you can push it much further, or not far to see a significant improvement in performance.

Thanks for your input...

We don't have anything to read the cpu temp....

We can just read the battery temp... that has nothing to do with the cpu!

Guest Charlton22
set cpu widget reads the cpu temperature :) at least i think it does because it shows a temperature...

Nop.. thats the battrey...

Guest Charlton22
srry forgot something Xd is the 998 image much faster than the 920 ? do you notice a difference?

Not that much but the difference is there...

EDIT>>>> Much faster than stock

Edited by Charlton22

Guest Quipeace

Well, you can see a (slight) difference in performance, but if it's really noticeable in real life I don't know.

@Charlton, The battery temperature will probably reach it's limit before the CPU (Don't know what it's rated at...), Lithium cells really shouldn't go above 60C, set setCPU's battery temperature warning at 45/50C or so. As long as you don't reach that limit in normal day to day use (like watching a youtube video, or browsing) you'll be fine. I personally never had the battery heat up that much, although I can feel some heat coming from the bottom of the phone.

Edited by Quipeace

Guest Charlton22
Well, you can see a (slight) difference in performance, but if it's really noticeable in real life I don't know.

@Charlton, The battery temperature will probably reach it's limit before the CPU (Don't know what it's rated at...), Lithium cells really shouldn't go above 60C, set setCPU's battery temperature warning at 45/50C or so. As long as you don't reach that limit in normal day to day use (like watching a youtube video, or browsing) you'll be fine. I personally never had the battery heat up that much, although I can feel some heat coming from the bottom of the phone.

The max i've seen my battery was 40C, I shouldn't be worried then...

Guest Charlton22
It is a froyo thread, not for ur CPU :) create another if u need :)

I'm talking about cpu under Froyo.... Thanks :)

Guest Charlton22
Exactly the same with 880Mhz.. :)

Nop.. the result varies from one another...

I managed to get 40,00+MFLOPS with 998Mhz...

Guest Quipeace

Nice :), Our Nexus and Desire friends are cheating by overclocking their already awesome snapdragons :), 55MFLOPS for the nexus o.O'.

@Phh, any progress on the wifi? I noticed you committed the code, all tens of thousands of lines of em :).

Edited by Quipeace

Guest Charlton22
Nice :), Our Nexus and Desire friends are cheating by overclocking their already awesome snapdragons :), 55MFLOPS for the nexus o.O'.

@Phh, any progress on the wifi? I noticed you committed the code, all tens of thousands of lines of em :).

HAHA! I'm also overclocked.... they are also using snapdragon... can we crank up the cpu voltage? Maybe if yes, we can go to 1.3Mhz... TURBO BOOST!!!

Where are you seeing WIFI update?

Thanks

Guest Quipeace

Hey that's weird! my post isn't showing up!

Anyway, you can find it in the repo.(gitorious, liquid project, phhussons kernel)