[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Zsolabola
I have noticed this google talk issue as well but I just did a small test. I didn't use google talk for more than 20 hours. This morning then I logged in from computer (with diff id) and saw myself in 'Idle" and when I sent couple of test message it actually went through! So may be it just shows signing in but acctually already on....may be?

In my case the messages that are sent to me didn't came through. Thats why i got mail messages instead

Is it possible that the Gtalk service is unavailable or that my mobile provider disconnects my PDP context ?

Guest goce.nakov
I should hope it's stable :)

BTW launcherpro has been updated. Android Market will most likely tell you an upgrade is available. If you upgrade then you'll end up with two launcherpros on the system.

So head on over to http://www.launcherpro.com/ and download the latest, rename it to Launcher.apk and push it to /system/app/ using ADB or using Root Explorer. Android should unload the original from memory and load in this newer version. You will also need to delete Launcher.odex from the phone

adb shell rm /system/app/Launcher.odex

Im downloading the zip file but I cant find apk file in it :) or I should rename the zip file in to apk file ?

Guest Jan M
So tell me, why would this rom better than Oscilliation rom?

I just needs pros and cons to know what rom to flash. :)

Is there a swedish language pack in this rom?

maybe you should install the chinese pack...after all they bought volvo :)

Guest Simon Taylor

Hi all,

Ever since I applied the hungarian 2.1 update I have had no camera functionality.

When I select the camera app I get a pop-up message:

----------------

Camera Error

Cannot connect to camera

[OK]

----------------

And once I click OK, the camera app quits.

I have a UK T-mobile pulse, only a couple of months old. I never had a problem with 1.5!

Has anyone else found this? Or found a fix?

I had the problem running stock hungarian 2.1, as well as the FLBmod.

I started a thread here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...1-camera-error/

Apologies for the cross post!

Thx

Guest goce.nakov
Hi all,

Ever since I applied the hungarian 2.1 update I have had no camera functionality.

When I select the camera app I get a pop-up message:

----------------

Camera Error

Cannot connect to camera

[OK]

----------------

And once I click OK, the camera app quits.

I have a UK T-mobile pulse, only a couple of months old. I never had a problem with 1.5!

Has anyone else found this? Or found a fix?

I had the problem running stock hungarian 2.1, as well as the FLBmod.

I started a thread here:

http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...1-camera-error/

Apologies for the cross post!

Thx

Yeah, my friend have the same issue with stock 2.1 , so you have 2 options

1. Reboot your phone once in a wile when camera is not working

2. Install one of the customs ROM's

I'm using FLB ROM for over a week and didn't have single problem so far.

Guest darkdevil1
So tell me, why would this rom better than Oscilliation rom?

I just needs pros and cons to know what rom to flash. :)

Is there a swedish language pack in this rom?

It personally feels faster than oscilation to me, and I like the fact that it automatically has launcherpro.

Guest Simon Taylor
Yeah, my friend have the same issue with stock 2.1 , so you have 2 options

1. Reboot your phone once in a wile when camera is not working

2. Install one of the customs ROM's

I'm using FLB ROM for over a week and didn't have single problem so far.

Thanks, but unfortunately,

1 - The camera never works, even when freshly booted!

2 - I am running FLB ROM at the moment, still no good! :)

Guest Hitonesw
Im downloading the zip file but I cant find apk file in it :) or I should rename the zip file in to apk file ?

Yes, just rename the zip to apk. :)

Guest stealthstealer

I absolutely love the rom...but I'm not receiving half my text messages when I flash it? tried a couple of times now, both times I've sent myself texts which haven't arrived,any ideas? nandroided back to pauls 2.1 for now

Guest Simon O

Stealthstealer: I don't have any issues with receiving text messages. As long as your phone has a signal and a connection to your mobile network, it should receive SMS. I've not heard of anybody else with this issue.

HyvelTjuven: No Swedish language in the ROM that I can see.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
Same for me, gone back to v2, stabel as hell :)

What errors are you getting please?

I should point out that apart from the Contacts & Dialer being changed, nothing else has been changed with the rom between beta2 and beta3.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest bindi

Not sure if someone else noticed it or not but after my screen froze and I had to reboot (taking battery off) time and date were reset to something random like in Jan and some other year. Screen was froze when I went to call logs after receiving a call from a number not in my contacts. One other thing, some of the people mentioned that barcode scanner is working great now due to improved camera in 2.1, I tried few barcodes (both products and Apps QR code) but none worked after holding phone uncofortably...

Guest bounty123
Stealthstealer: I don't have any issues with receiving text messages. As long as your phone has a signal and a connection to your mobile network, it should receive SMS. I've not heard of anybody else with this issue.

HyvelTjuven: No Swedish language in the ROM that I can see.

Strangely some people on a different (hungarian) forum complained about such sms problems, but with different roms, one even with the official rom. They insisted that they didn't receive several sms's, only after rebooting the phone. So this not seems to be rom specific.

On the other hand I never had such problems with messages.

Guest Simon O
Hey,

I'm running Beta 3, after a full data wipe?

Also, you used to be able to touch the bar and it would take you to a checkbox contact list to select contacts. Any plans to reimplement this as group messaging and stuff doesn't really work unless you know the contact numbers off by heart?

Dave,

Yeah, I'm going to add the RMB2 SMS application back into the ROM. The stock app is a bit pants.

Guest chall32

Hey fibblesan,

[forgive me I've not loaded yr ROM yest, just going on screenshots on first post]

How easy is it to change menu colour in your ROM?

Kinda like the black menu text on white background (as per Oscillation ROM) rather than the white menu text on a black background...

- Chris

Guest Simon O
Hey fibblesan,

[forgive me I've not loaded yr ROM yest, just going on screenshots on first post]

How easy is it to change menu colour in your ROM?

Kinda like the black menu text on white background (as per Oscillation ROM) rather than the white menu text on a black background...

- Chris

My rom has black text on a white background. To change it, you need to download another framework and flash it via recovery. Link on the first page for one.

Guest stealthstealer

about the SMS, I think yoy might be right, because I had this problem briefly with the 2.1 beta, and wasn't the only one. I have no idea what to do though, because nandroiding back to pauls rom allows me to get texts fine. So it is obviously to do with the new rom(or even just changing rom), despite it only happening in a few isolated cases. its just vert strange, and extremerly infuriating. thank god for nandroid! :)

Guest Simon O
about the SMS, I think yoy might be right, because I had this problem briefly with the 2.1 beta, and wasn't the only one. I have no idea what to do though, because nandroiding back to pauls rom allows me to get texts fine. So it is obviously to do with the new rom(or even just changing rom), despite it only happening in a few isolated cases. its just vert strange, and extremerly infuriating. thank god for nandroid! :)

I've switched the SMS app on my phone to the RMB2 version and I'm going to test it over the next few days to make sure it works correctly. Once I'm happy with things I'll release an update.

Guest stealthstealer

yeah great, hopefully that helps! thank you for all the effort, this rom is by far the best in every aspect, I was actually so amazed at the speed. Just hope it will work 100% for me soon. keep up the brilkiant work

Guest whackster

What does Launcherdb.apk provide, and why does it still stay in memory? Isn't it obsolite now that you replaced the default launcher?