[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest whackster
Somethings wrong with ADW here.

Everytime I start an app and close it/go back to the Homescreen, it looks like ADW is restarting or isn't in the cache anymore.

First I just see the Wallpaper, then the buttons on the Button (But not with the Apps i put on it, but with "LAB" and "RAB"), then the right Buttons and the Shortcuts appear and then my widgets.

This process takes approximately 10 seconds.

Any help?

add the following line to /data/local.prop

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

and uncheck system persistent in ADW options, works for me :D

Guest whackster

Any one have problems setting different sounds to Gmail and Talk??

I can't change the sounds to something different than the default notification sound.

add the following line to /data/local.prop

ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=1

and uncheck system persistent in ADW options, works for me :D

Can I edit this file via adb (I don't own Root Explorer)? Maybe with push and echo?

Guest whackster
Can I edit this file via adb (I don't own Root Explorer)? Maybe with push and echo?

sure you can, I pulled the file, edited and pushed it, I'm not too confident with echo :D

Guest Daz555

Everytime I start an app and close it/go back to the Homescreen, it looks like ADW is restarting or isn't in the cache anymore.

First I just see the Wallpaper, then the buttons on the Button (But not with the Apps i put on it, but with "LAB" and "RAB"), then the right Buttons and the Shortcuts appear and then my widgets.

Any help?

I had the same but tweaked a few settings to cut down the things ADW was being asked to do:

ADW Settings > Screen Preferences > Desktop Screens - Cut down number of screens to min you really need (3 is fine for me).

ADW Settings > Drawer Settings > Fade App Labels - Disable.

ADW Settings > System Preferences > Swipe Actions - Disable.

ADW Settings > System Preferences > Use Screen Cache - do what it says. If you have tons of widgets, disable it. I don't so leave it on.

ADW Settings > System Preferences > System Persistent - Disable.

ADW Settings > UI Settings > Desktop dots - Disable.

ADW Settings > UI Settings > Show Desktop Indicator - Disable.

Worked for me. ADW is very snappy now.

Guest Sahir Patl

flbmod.png

I love all the work that people have been doing with the 2.1 ROMs. What I don't like is the amount of rubbish that T-Mobile/Huawei etc decided to put into the ROMs making our phones slower than they should be. So for the last few days I've been working on a vanilla ROM for my own personal use, but I'm uploading it for others to try and give feedback on.

So here is FLB mod based on the Huawei 2.1 ROMs with a heck of a lot of changes and fixes.

Before you do anything please read this guide.

** IMPORTANT ** The official T-Mobile UK 2.1 update changes the partition sizes of your device. The system partition will be 10MB smaller than both the Hungarian and Tre 2.1 ROMs, but the Data partition will be larger. New versions of FLB will fit the new partition sizes.

EUROPEAN USERS: Users that updated using the Tre 2.1 ROM or the Hungarian 2.1 ROM do not have to update to UK 2.1 in order to use FLB-Mod. I have ensured that the ROM works for all 2.1 users but you are advised to update using the Tre or the UK ROM as these are non-beta and upgrade firmware on your phone. Using the UK 2.1 or Tre ROM on your device will fix a lot of the issues caused by the HU ROM.

LATIN AMERICA USERS: Updating your device using the T-Mobile HU, T-Mobile UK, or Tre updates will break 3G on your device. You can fix this by downgrading your phone back to 1.5 then installing your native 1.5 firmware, and finally updating to 2.1 using the new Venezuela Movilnet 2.1 ROM. This will update your phone to support the different 3G bands used in Latin America. You can get this from this link directly.

OTHER COUNTRIES: Update your device using your local 2.1 ROM if available. If you do not have such a ROM then you can use any of the current 2.1 ROMs to update your device.

This ROM is a work in progress. Whilst it is stable on my U8220 Pulse, I cannot gurantee that it will be stable for you. Please test at your own risk and take care. The ROM does not change any hardware.

Remember to backup your device from recovery with Nandroid then do a FULL Data wipe, Dalvik wipe and wipe ext2 if you have one.

Please DO NOT use the options inside recovery related to A2SD. These only worked with an old version of A2SD and can seriously break your phone if you use these options with FLB-MOD

If you have ANY issues with constant force closes, freezing, corrupted configuration files, incorrect permissions etc then you WILL need to do a full wipe within recovery and install the ROM again!

Requirements:

You must have updated your device to Android 2.1 officially first. You can do this with the T-Mobile UK 2.1 update or any other 2.1 update, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed second. FLB-Mod takes advantage of the new partition sizes as well as updated hardware firmware to function. It will not fit on 1.5 partition sizes.

Credits:

Other tweaks from this thread

A2SD script by Darktremor

You are totally allowed to make your own variation of this ROM. Feel free to tweak/customize/improve upon this ROM and release back to the community!

If you like the MOD, please donate :D

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

List of donators removed due to request.

Please do not send me or any other users on the forum questions related to scripts, programs or roms they have created by private message.

All questions must be asked in the forum threads for the benefit of all other users and I consider it rude to receive a private message from people who clearly cannot be bothered reading threads, using the search or even reading instructions.

I am unable to connect wirless its keep on obtaining IP address and then dosnt connect ...pls let me knw what i can do to resolve th issue ...

Thanks

Guest Simon O
I am unable to connect wirless its keep on obtaining IP address and then dosnt connect ...pls let me knw what i can do to resolve th issue ...

Thanks

It's not a problem with the ROM. My phone has always done this due to my router.

Guest Simon O
Anyone find that Mail auto sync randomly stops working? I'm on FLB 1.2

Mine stopped syncing yesterday on 1.31 for the first time ever. Really odd as I haven't installed any apps recently apart from TweetDeck which I've uninstalled. I've cleared dalvik cache and also cleared the main cache using CacheCleaner (removed 8MB) and rebooted and it seems OK so far.

com.google.android.gm seems to be the provider service.

Ok just got two emails pushed to my phone ok and a third came in a few minutes after. So it seems to be working. I'll monitor this for the rest of the day.

Two things could be causing the issue: 1) very low free memory in the phone so the service is killed, 2) google mail cache is full or has a problem.

It's all theory at the moment though. I'm not totally sure if the caches are on the cache partition or on /data either.

the silly thing is that a lot of people complain about this issue even with other devices like the Nexus.

Anyway clearing cache seems to have done the trick for now.

Guest craigb244

Any help?

I noticed that and that 1.3.1 with uk rom is just all round slower then past versions.(to lazy to go back lol)

I downloaded an app to show the cpu and ram status. cpu sits at full load when loading ADW. but funny enough there seems to be plenty of ram.

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
my friend can not hear me from my cht8000, but i'm able to hear them

sorry - -"

the stock phone.apk cannot get alone with the hwawei one after all

r1b....換回flb1.31的phone.apk
[url="http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4RX4LfeMmLWZjY2ZDg5ZjMtNDljNy00ZmRhLWEzZTktYmZjNGRkY2VjMzdk&sort=name&layout=list&num=50"]http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4RX4LfeMm...list&num=50[/url]

給先前r1版本用的通話修正檔,不要wipe
FLB1.3contact.zip 3MB
[url="http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4RX4LfeMmLWN2FiNzY2YzktNDc4MS00YzQ5LWFkOTgtZTRlMzJlNmYyY2I5&sort=name&layout=list&num=50"]http://docs.google.com/leaf?id=0B4RX4LfeMm...list&num=50[/url][/codebox]

Guest tabor56

I have been usings App2SD but i have ran out of space, am I meant to reformat the SD card everytime i install a new update? How can I check App2SD is running?

thanks

Guest fredewis
I have been usings App2SD but i have ran out of space, am I meant to reformat the SD card everytime i install a new update? How can I check App2SD is running?

thanks

if by update you mean for example flb1.2 update to 1.31 then u mean rom update then no once is enough dont need to reformat it also to check if app2sd is working go into terminal app and type su then press enter then type a2sd check then enter again. have you got delvik on sd?

Edited by fredewis

Guest kankle123
Realistically for now the only way would be not to upgrade. Official ROM updates wipe phones also.

Touche, Do you know of any good app syncing apps.....if that makes sense ha ha

Guest craigb244
I noticed that and that 1.3.1 with uk rom is just all round slower then past versions.(to lazy to go back lol)

I downloaded an app to show the cpu and ram status. cpu sits at full load when loading ADW. but funny enough there seems to be plenty of ram.

had a mess about with the phone... wiped devik cache (on sd) and now it seems much quicker :D

Guest 英霸之器

请问flibblesan:

我的SD卡上有SWAP分区,用“A2SD CHECK”命令查看显示SWAP为开启状态。但为什么用“FREE”命令

Edited by 英霸之器

Guest twrock
you may change to English interface anytime through settings without affecting Market

and yes, i saw Graffiti after searching it in Market

here's what i've changed in build.prop:

ro.product.model=CHT8000
ro.product.brand=CHT
ro.product.locale.language=zh
ro.product.locale.region=TW[/codebox]

Thanks for posting that. I've made those changes, and I'm checking it out. So far, I'm not noticing a jump in Market speed. I know it's hard to tell, because it isn't always consistent.

But, yes, it did not affect my system language at all.

Guest Holograph
请问flibblesan:

我的SD卡上有SWAP分区,用“A2SD CHECK”命令查看显示SWAP为开启状态。但为什么用“FREE”命令

Guest lolcano

First of all, great site and work you guys do here :D

Anyway, I'm a bit of a noob when it comes to android phones, well phones in general but I managed to flash my pulse to 2.1 several months ago, it was running fine up untill this morning when I kept getting crashes when receiving calls, after trying to fix it for an hour I thought screw it and decided it was a good time to try out FLB, so I follow the guides and flashed, upon rebooting it gets stuck at the pulsating pulse logo, no matter how long I leave it...

Tried removing battery rebooting etc but no joy, so I then installed the official UK 2.1 rom which went fine and all was working well so I installed clockwork recovery and gave FLB another try, no luck, stuck at the pulse logo again..

So any ideas? :D I've followed the guides step by step so I've no idea if I'm doing anything wrong D:

Guest Mohit Singhal
That would have been me, and it wasn't "Class 4 to use any Apps 2 SD" it was "Class 4 to use Apps 2 SD with the cache on the card".

Still, Class 6 with the cache on it will me (nearly) infinite apps.

First install FLB Mod and Amon-RA recovery (I can't see partitioning in Clockwork.)

Then partition the SD card to whatever you'd like (NEVER USE SWAP!) - I have an 8GB card so I used [0MB Swap, 1024MB EXT2, Rest FAT)

Boot the phone and start up Terminal Emulator.

Type in

su
a2sd install
a2sd cache2sd[/codebox]

The phone will probably reboot, but if it doesn't, reboot it.

Done! Enjoy it.

After running above commands, I just checked whether a2sd got installed or not by running 'a2sd' -

Output -

Private Applications are stored in /system/sd/app-private --- this looks ok

Dalvik-Cache is located in /data/dalvik-cache ---but this one doesn't look good

Please someone plz confirm is this correct or not?

Guys, just did some googling and found that the command is a2sd cachesd, now its working fine. Got 77 MB free space.....yippie :D

Cheers

Matrix

Edited by Mohit Singhal

Guest twrock
After running above commands, I just checked whether a2sd got installed or not by running 'a2sd' -

Output -

Private Applications are stored in /system/sd/app-private --- this looks ok

Dalvik-Cache is located in /data/dalvik-cache ---but this one doesn't look good

Please someone plz confirm is this correct or not?

Cheers

Matrix

How much available "Internal phone storage" space is under "SD card & phone storage" settings? I went from 8 mb to 55 mb after moving cache to SD, so I took that to mean it worked. I never could get decipherable results from "a2sd check". (There are no checkmarks or other symbols in the boxes in the report.)

Hello flibblesan.

Sorry for bothering u but may I ask u how to make the huawei launcher (canvas) work on my phone?

Cause when I flashed it, it all became messed up:

it says app missing when pressing on app button

it opens the app drawer when pressed the calls button

it opens messaging when pressed the (fav)contacts button

it opens grid view (canvas view) or whatever it's called when pressed the messaging button.

Is there a fix for this?