[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest baotica

I have deleted in terminal directory /data/data/ (all contents) and because of that I have lost rooting rights (su command doesn't work), i did nandroid restore but it did not restore rooting rights.What to do now.I tried fastboot rooting in boot menu but then mobile phone freezes on boot stage, and I have to do a nandroid restore.

Help !

Guest riskyrikky

Hi, thanks for this Information.

I am running curently vanilla 1.7 on my pulse. The most important feature is the BT functionality with my car phone system. It did work under 1.5 and under 1.7 However, when trying the Hungarian 2.1 update the Blue tooth did not synchronize with my car. I saw the many Bt problems reported here and elsewhere. Is this now fixed with the official 2.1 uk update ?? Has anybody tried ??

thanks

R

Edit 15.8.20:56

Hi got my 2.1 running, tested the Bluetooth and it worked !!!!

Now I tried to do the ROMManager but it told me it had no root rights. I tried to reaplly the amonra recovery but that did nor work either. Any idea how I can reobtain root for my 2.1 ?ß

thnaks

Edited by riskyrikky

Guest rikkiej

The RAM indeed kills our pulses performance. But think of this: if the launcher can't stay in memory but loads within 10ms because of the 1.5ghz overlocked processor we wouldn't notice it!

Edit: Huh same thing happened to me DanWilson :S

Edited by rikkiej

Guest DanWilson
The RAM indeed kills our pulses performance. But think of this: if the launcher can't stay in memory but loads within 10ms because of the 1.5ghz overlocked processor we wouldn't notice it!

Yah but with the kernel source, we'd have swap, so any RAM problems would be solved. CPU would be a bonus!

Wait - what just happened? I thought I was in "Overclocking your Pulse" even though the above post is in FLB Mod. :S

Edited by DanWilson

Guest Zsolabola

I have a new problem to "report"

I was in Austria this weekend and despite that I was not marked the enable data connection while roaming my was updating the fancy widget, and my gmail account also :D

This was the first time for me that this hapenned. Im on the latest relese.

:D

I hope that my data traffic was not that much, but data roaming is very very expensive here in Hungary

The phone was indicating the roaming situation with the R signg but regulary initiated data connections

The only happy thing with that that I've received my mms messages while roaming

Be carefull guys !

Guest Simon O
I have a new problem to "report"

I was in Austria this weekend and despite that I was not marked the enable data connection while roaming my was updating the fancy widget, and my gmail account also :D

This was the first time for me that this hapenned. Im on the latest relese.

:D

I hope that my data traffic was not that much, but data roaming is very very expensive here in Hungary

The phone was indicating the roaming situation with the R signg but regulary initiated data connections

The only happy thing with that that I've received my mms messages while roaming

Be carefull guys !

I suspect you just unchecked the "allow always-on data connection" which doesn't kill data connections. All it does is stop your phone keeping a data connection open. When roaming the very least you must do is disable all syncing from the Sync options in settings. However, as some guides on the internet show, this does not prevent some apps like weather applications from downloading updates. The only true option is to keep your phone in Airplane mode.

Android was designed to always be online. It's pretty difficult to completely cut it off from accessing the internet.

This is not a problem with my ROM. This happens with every Android phone running any ROM.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest fredewis

Hay guys Just Wonder I'm getting a lot of force close(acore) I'm on vertion 1.2 is there a way on eliminating this or making it less recuring i did upgrade to vertion 1.31 but it was too slow.1.2 is fast but the force close is often just want to eas it up lol thanks

Guest twrock
Hi, thanks for this Information.

I am running curently vanilla 1.7 on my pulse. The most important feature is the BT functionality with my car phone system. It did work under 1.5 and under 1.7 However, when trying the Hungarian 2.1 update the Blue tooth did not synchronize with my car. I saw the many Bt problems reported here and elsewhere. Is this now fixed with the official 2.1 uk update ?? Has anybody tried ??

thanks

R

Edit 15.8.20:56

Hi got my 2.1 running, tested the Bluetooth and it worked !!!!

Now I tried to do the ROMManager but it told me it had no root rights. I tried to reaplly the amonra recovery but that did nor work either. Any idea how I can reobtain root for my 2.1 ?ß

thnaks

Hungarian 2.1 ROM is not rooted. You need to install a custom ROM (like FLB).

However, I don't recommend you use the Hungarian ROM anyway. The Swedish ROM or UK ROM were released later and the HU ROM might be sort of a beta version.

Anyway, you can follow these guides to install a custom ROM: http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...e-owners-guide/

Guest Zsolabola
I suspect you just unchecked the "allow always-on data connection" which doesn't kill data connections. All it does is stop your phone keeping a data connection open. When roaming the very least you must do is disable all syncing from the Sync options in settings. However, as some guides on the internet show, this does not prevent some apps like weather applications from downloading updates. The only true option is to keep your phone in Airplane mode.

Android was designed to always be online. It's pretty difficult to completely cut it off from accessing the internet.

This is not a problem with my ROM. This happens with every Android phone running any ROM.

Ok I agree with with you, but with all the same settings in the past with many custom ROMs including the 1.2TRE i never had that kind of problem.

This is the only thing why im telling this, because i think something has cahnged

in the past the date traffic while roaming option prevented all apps, including gtalk, gmail sync, all kind of weather apps, and even the mms app, to access the net and now it does not.

Guest Simon O
Ok I agree with with you, but with all the same settings in the past with many custom ROMs including the 1.2TRE i never had that kind of problem.

This is the only thing why im telling this, because i think something has cahnged

in the past the date traffic while roaming option prevented all apps, including gtalk, gmail sync, all kind of weather apps, and even the mms app, to access the net and now it does not.

Some applications ignore the roaming settings. This is why you have to completely disable anything related to network access.

Useful guide for future reference: http://mobile.jack-frost.co.uk/android_data_roaming.php

I've also found that the issue you had affects other people and using an app such as APN Droid can resolve it. http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.google.code.apndroid

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Zsolabola
Some applications ignore the roaming settings. This is why you have to completely disable anything related to network access.

Useful guide for future reference: http://mobile.jack-frost.co.uk/android_data_roaming.php

I've also found that the issue you had affects other people and using an app such as APN Droid can resolve it. http://www.appbrain.com/app/com.google.code.apndroid

Ok thanks

Then this time i have to blame the Fancy widget app, because this is the only app that I haven't been using in the past

Anyway thanks

Guest twrock

Fibblesan, I'm curious about your personal opinion. Is the UK ROM any "better" than the Tre (faster, more stable, etc.)? Is there any good reason if someone's phone seems relatively stable to take the time to "upgrade" to the UK ROM? Is it a better base to start from if the plan is to put FLB on there? And finally, how much space is there in the system partition to push apps into after flashing FLB 1.31 onto the UK ROM?

Guest primo007

Thanks for the new version Flibble, flashing right now.

Awesome boot animation!

edit: hmm, I can't find 'data synchronization' in settings

Edited by primo007

Thanks for the new version Flibble, flashing right now.

Awesome boot animation!

edit: hmm, I can't find 'data synchronization' in settings

Hi

I can't find 'data synchronization' in settings too, and the su command says: permission denied :-(

Thanks.

But in my opinion LauncherPro needs a lot of more RAM and it's recommend to use ADW?!?

flib: Do you really included in this version the memory settings and we don't need AutoKiller now? I just asked because it was in the last changelogs too and you've forgotten it :D.

Edited by Ellia

Guest PhoenixPunk

fibblesan, would it be a problem if you'd give us md5 hashes for your updates, just in case any of your downloads fail to download?

btw i'm using your rom and it's really great!

Guest darkdevil1

Went from 1.2 to 1.4, result is (sadly) -> frequent acore and google talk FCs, and no more root-rights :D

Wiped dalvik before and after the upgrade, but still seem to get FCs all the time, and still no root

Also, on an unrelated note: Wouldn't a lighter launcher than ADW/LP, such as Zeam, fit in better with the whole FasterLighterBetter idea? :D Just my 2cts

Edit: Rolled back to 1.2 nandroid backup for now, how can I re-gain root on my backup?

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest riskyrikky
I'm uploading an update to FLB now. No new features really but I've worked on speeding the rom up as some people found 1.31 a bit slow.

Flibblesan, I installed uk 2.1 the I did the flb mod as described with 1.4

After boot I run always into the rror meesage "Sorry!,

the process android.proecess.acore has been terminated unexpectedly. Try again."

I cannot start the phone app to dial any number.

If I try tha google map app it gives a similar message with google voice ....

What's wrong ``

I did not see these error messages during normal 2.1 uk

Guest darkdevil1
Flibblesan, I installed uk 2.1 the I did the flb mod as described with 1.4

After boot I run always into the rror meesage "Sorry!,

the process android.proecess.acore has been terminated unexpectedly. Try again."

I cannot start the phone app to dial any number.

If I try tha google map app it gives a similar message with google voice ....

What's wrong ``

I did not see these error messages during normal 2.1 uk

Sounds like you're having the same issues as me, known problem perhaps? *looks at Fibble* :D

Guest IceXcube84

I got exactly same problem yesterday that the dialer crash but i make that problem my self.

I change the phone.apk to the one that fix the ringtone problem but then my mic did not work i put back the Huawei Dialer but it did never get back to the system/app folder and i restared my phone and it crashed over and over.

I had to get in to the Clockwork Recovery and flash the Huawei Dialer & Contacts (fix for 1.2 users with broken phone app) and then my phone work.

Extras (must be flashed through recovery):

Download: Huawei Dialer & Contacts (fix for 1.2 users with broken phone app) (3.78 MB)

That solve the problem so you can get in to the phone again.

Find it on the first page in the thread.

EDIT: Ops wrong person. Nevermind...

If somebody wounder why iam still on v1.1 is for i cant get ask to reinstall all my apps again. Pain in the butt.

And my phone is stable and working like it shoud. And i think my usb port on the phone is broken for the pc complain that iam have connect the phone in a usb 1.1 port when its in usb 2.0 port.

Then its better to leave it like it is. Anyway i will get a new phone in December if Three in Sweden get the HTC Desire HD then its bye bye Huadroid

Edited by IceXcube84

Guest darkdevil1
I haven't got any problems so far, no FCs, nothing. I went from 1.2 too. Only problem is the missing 'data synchronization' in settings.

Hmm, odd. Trying again, but this time without wiping Dalvik first, I'll only wipe it after the first boot.

Oh, and I've always got my dalvik on internal phone memory, if that makes any difference.

Edit: Nope, no luck, still FC-palooza

Edited by darkdevil1