[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest stealthstealer
Rock Solid here. Dunno about quickness looks same as flb 1.2tre :D

is "accounts and sync" in the settings?

and do u have root privileges...

Guest flip360

nope its not inthere and as i mentioned earlier, i added the account and sync settings from another ROM.

As for root privileges, yes, they are on by default :D

Edited by flip360

Guest jekin77
If you searched, you'd have found this. Hell, it's still on the first page!

/RANT OFF.

You can only use the low-res version, and I take it you have went to "Settings" then "Language and Keyboard" and ticked the HTC_IME Mod?

Then tap-hold a text box, select "Input Method" and hit HTC_IME Mod.

:D

yes, i tried everything - but it's steel be by default the TouchPal kayboard

i'm stupid ... looong pressssssss

"To change keyboard, long press on lower left key on stock keyboard or any input field. Select input method in the menu."

it's work fine now

thanks

Guest bbevan
Trying to restore my apps from Titanium Backup and it keeps getting forced out memory, batch restore is impossible ;)

Upgraded to the donate version and it now installs all the Apps in one go, rather than having to click on each one... I should have done this ages ago, thanks for the push :D

nope its not inthere and as i mentioned earlier, i added the account and sync settings from another ROM.

As for root privileges, yes, they are on by default :D

Can you tell me how you did this? Did you adb push it, or just install from SD?

Root permissions doesn't seem to be an issue for me, working fine.. Did people with root problems do a full wipe before they flashed?

Guest DanWilson
yes, i tried everything - but it's steel be by default the TouchPal kayboard

i'm stupid ... looong pressssssss

it's work fine now

thanks

Glad I helped you dude!

Guest flip360
Upgraded to the donate version and it now installs all the Apps in one go, rather than having to click on each one... I should have done this ages ago, thanks for the push :D

Can you tell me how you did this? Did you adb push it, or just install from SD?

Root permissions doesn't seem to be an issue for me, working fine.. Did people with root problems do a full wipe before they flashed?

I sort of repacked the flbmod 1.4 by my own likings with the aforementioned apk in it, but i dunno about installing the apk from sdcard.

You can always try the adb thingy :D

Guest DanWilson
Where did i put that whip of mine...

You left it at my house...

*Hands whip over the internet*

Here you go. Try to take it with you next time... :D

Guest Simon O
Trying to update but it fails.

Did the Dalvik move to internal.

Started ClockworkMod

Pointed to the flb_1.4.zip

And came back with an error;

E:failure at line 5:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

Installation aborted

You'll need to wipe I'm afraid.

Guest Simon O

I personally updated from 1.31 to 1.4 without wiping and SuperUser works fine. The SuperUser apk is now situated on /data/app/ as ChainsDD updated the app recently to obtain updates from the Android Market.

Guest Simon O

Small update for fixing the missing Accounts & Sync Settings. Really sorry for this not working. The ROM is being re-uploaded.

flbmod_v1.4fix.zip

Boot into recovery and flash.

If you have SuperUser issues then try the following:

1) uninstall Superuser from the Android Market and reboot. The install it again.

2) Uninstall Superuser from the Android Market, reboot into recovery and flash http://bit.ly/su2321ef

Edited by flibblesan

Guest SonMauri
I personally updated from 1.31 to 1.4 without wiping and SuperUser works fine. The SuperUser apk is now situated on /data/app/ as ChainsDD updated the app recently to obtain updates from the Android Market.

I have a problem regarding the SU app... apparently since I flashed the VE rom in order to regain my pulse's 3G ability the SU doesnt seem to work. I tried to run the wifi thetering app but i got a permission denied error, needless to say the "pop up" that should appear asking for SU permission is non existant.

Guest bbevan
I have a problem regarding the SU app... apparently since I flashed the VE rom in order to regain my pulse's 3G ability the SU doesnt seem to work. I tried to run the wifi thetering app but i got a permission denied error, needless to say the "pop up" that should appear asking for SU permission is non existant.

I wonder if the Superuser App is being forced from Memory? The settings do seem to very agreesive, makes the rom FAST though

By the way I flashed back to ADW which might explain why I don't have the issue

Edited by bbevan

Guest Simon O
I wonder if the Superuser App is being forced from Memory? The settings do seem to very agreesive, makes the rom FAST though

By the way I flashed back to ADW which might explain why I don't have the issue

Erm, no. Quite simply is the pop-up is not showing then something is wrong with the Superuser app.

Guest Simon O
would it be possible to create a script in the FLB custom scripts that when run will flash a bootanimation.zip which had been put onto the SD card instead of having to use a pc and adb, im only asking because i now have limited access to a computer (my local library) and want to be able to use a custom boot animation?

FLB-custom scripts has been removed. It just wasn't useful in the end.

Guest stealthstealer

has it been reuploaded now, or shall i wait a little longer before downloading?

great work by the way :D:D

Edited by stealthstealer

Guest Simon O
has it been reuploaded now, or shall i wait a little longer before downloading?

great work by the way :D:D

It has been re-uploaded now.

If anybody is still having problems with the Superuser app then please uninstall the Superuser from the market app or Settings>Applications

then download this and flash through recovery: http://bit.ly/su2321ef

Once booted the Superuser should work and you will be able to install the updated version from the market correctly.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest bbevan
Erm, no. Quite simply is the pop-up is not showing then something is wrong with the Superuser app.

Fair enough, thought it might be worth a mention

Guest stealthstealer
It has been re-uploaded now.

If anybody is still having problems with the Superuser app then please uninstall the Superuser from the market app or Settings>Applications

then download this and flash through recovery: http://bit.ly/su2321ef

Once booted the Superuser should work and you will be able to install the updated version from the market correctly.

wow you solve any problems within a few minutes, if only most customer service lines were as efficient as this!

Guest Simon O
wow you solve any problems within a few minutes, if only most customer service lines were as efficient as this!

It was quite serious problem though. Losing the ability to manage sync settings and manage accounts is pretty bad and I suspect it was causing the dialer to crash also.

Guest biron_w

It appears superuser isn't on my phone at all. I've gone into applications and it isn't there and it isn't there if I go into the market either :D

*edit* nevermind. I just flashed the file that Flibble put up.

Edited by biron_w

Guest Simon O
It appears superuser isn't on my phone at all. I've gone into applications and it isn't there and it isn't there if I go into the market either :D

How weird. You'll need to flash the zip then :D