[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Theme Ishere
Wow this is a dream my pulse has more life then a cat look just keeps removing reviving every update i make is just 2 good lolol and thanks mate you are the best the rom hasent got any flaws in my opinion is just 2 good.ooo and i went from 1.2 to 1.41 with out a wipe. i did clear delvik and it updated fine.

Did the same, it all worked fine. Just needed to re-do all the widgets on the Homescreen, as I anticipated. It runs smoother now than ever before. Only downside for me: I get a lot of those "acore" force closes. I will see if I can live with that...I don't want to give up the smoothness again!

Guest fredewis
Did the same, it all worked fine. Just needed to re-do all the widgets on the Homescreen, as I anticipated. It runs smoother now than ever before. Only downside for me: I get a lot of those "acore" force closes. I will see if I can live with that...I don't want to give up the smoothness again!

Strange havent had any acore with 1.4.1 it runs smoth no force/waits either hmmm u sure you got the new 1.4.1 .....

Guest darkdevil1

After my 1.2 -> 1.4 upgrade didn't go too smoothly, I decided to go with a full wipe.

All I can say is WOW. Every update just seems to make it smoother and smoother, you have my eternal gratitude fibble :D

Guest Theme Ishere
Strange havent had any acore with 1.4.1 it runs smoth no force/waits either hmmm u sure you got the new 1.4.1 .....

Quite sure, yes :D

I guess I will give a full wipe a try. Off to my lunch break now anyway, so I guess a burger in a pub and a bit of Android Repair Nerdiness....what more can a man asked for! Will let you know if it repairs it!

Guest Fusion0306
After my 1.2 -> 1.4 upgrade didn't go too smoothly, I decided to go with a full wipe.

All I can say is WOW. Every update just seems to make it smoother and smoother, you have my eternal gratitude fibble :D

When I read something like that, it seems that a single day cannot pass by without me wanting to update my FLB-ROM :D and I updated to 1.3.1 just yesterday ;)

Guest rulerofkaos

I installed the UK-Update an get:

Verification failed, corrupted file: system/xbin/busybox

when i try to flash 1.4.1 with amongra. What can I do?

Guest goce.nakov
I installed the UK-Update an get:

Verification failed, corrupted file: system/xbin/busybox

when i try to flash 1.4.1 with amongra. What can I do?

Install Clockwork recovery and try again.

Guest rulerofkaos

Am I wrog or do I need Root for Rom manager?

edit: Ok...redownloaded and it works. Athough the MD5-Sum was correct

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest goce.nakov
Am I wrog or do I need Root for Rom manager?

You don't need ROM manager to install clockwork recovery....search the forum for the "how to install"

Guest fredewis
Quite sure, yes :D

I guess I will give a full wipe a try. Off to my lunch break now anyway, so I guess a burger in a pub and a bit of Android Repair Nerdiness....what more can a man asked for! Will let you know if it repairs it!

Cool mate hope it goes well fingers crossed lolol

Hi,

I have to say it, this is a great community, who would have thought these Pulse phones would still be getting regular updates! :D

I have 2 questions I hope the forum can help with:

1) I'm on HU 2.1 with FLB 1.2 - to get to UK 2.1 and FLB 1.4.1 do I need to time machine-> 1.5 -> dec update -> uk 2.1 -> FLB 1.4.1 or is there an easier way?

2) How do I put (push?) an app to /system? I want to try this for Wavesecure.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Guest twrock

Has anyone been able to install Swype on this ROM? I have been unable to do anything to get it to install. I even did a complete wipe and reinstall and tried to put Swype on before anything else, and I still get the dreaded "Swype is already installed" error message.

Edit:

According to the Swype FAQ, it could be overly aggressive memory management:

"These errors are often shown when the Swype installer is terminated prematurely by the Android OS system activity manager as it tries to reclaim resources."

But if anyone else can get it to go, maybe it's not that.

Edit2:

Finally! Wow was that a PITA. For future reference, what worked this time was after the initial failure, uninstalling only Swype, not the Swype Installer, then running the installer again.

Edited by twrock

Guest bbevan
Hi,

I have to say it, this is a great community, who would have thought these Pulse phones would still be getting regular updates! :D

I have 2 questions I hope the forum can help with:

1) I'm on HU 2.1 with FLB 1.2 - to get to UK 2.1 and FLB 1.4.1 do I need to time machine-> 1.5 -> dec update -> uk 2.1 -> FLB 1.4.1 or is there an easier way?

2) How do I put (push?) an app to /system? I want to try this for Wavesecure.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

You can update from HU2.1 to UK2.1 direct, then just re-flash recovery followed by FLB.

There is an update.zip for Wavesecure that does this already search the forums

Guest Theme Ishere
Cool mate hope it goes well fingers crossed lolol

It went well, just the one (by now beloved) acore force close at first start, and now it runs smoother than a baby's...it runs really well, that's what I mean. Thanks Flibblenator! Brilliant job. Now I give you one week to bring us 2.2. Don't fail us!

Edit: Let us say 8 days, you really deserve a bit more time!

No really: Thank you for making this phone as good as possible. You really should get money from T-mobile and/or Huewai.

Edited by Theme Ishere

You can update from HU2.1 to UK2.1 direct, then just re-flash recovery followed by FLB.

There is an update.zip for Wavesecure that does this already search the forums

Ah that's good news, thanks - I will try and find the Wavesecure update but might hold off until Swype is verified to be working or not - that is really something I need as I struggle to type without it.

Guest Krinyo
Hi,

I updated to 1.41 and I noticed an issue that sending email with gmail app isn't working.

This bug confirmed? It's a showstopper for me to update from 1.2... which is a decent release, no problems at all.

Guest twrock
Ah that's good news, thanks - I will try and find the Wavesecure update but might hold off until Swype is verified to be working or not - that is really something I need as I struggle to type without it.

I did finally get Swype to install. After the initial "Swype already installed" error, I uninstalled only Swype, not the installer, then ran the installer again. And all of this was before installing anything else on a fresh FLB 1.4.1 install. YMMV, but it did work finally for me. Agreed though. I must have Swype!

Guest Simon O

Google Mail works fine. It's one of things I test as I use Google Mail a hell of a lot myself. If you ever experience any weird issues due to upgrading then clearing caches with a program like CacheCleaner and wiping dalvik-cache can often resolve issues. Most of the time email problems are causes by corrupt databases.

However if these don't fix the problem then the good old "Wipe everything then install the rom" still stands.