[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest RavemasterX

Working fine for me, fast and stable, many thanks! :) . However I was hoping that a faster cleaner ROM would allow me to use the Nexus One 'neural network' live wallpaper smoothly- but it's not there as far as I can see? I know most people hate it but I really like it :) . Can anyone help a numpty like me install it? I can open Paul's R7 zip file and find the livewallpapers APK, but I'm at a loss as to how to install it on the phone. Can anyone help?

Guest Jan M

beta1 just rebooted on me when switching wlan on/off :)

the reason I was switching it on/off is because it didn't recognize a network it had in memory...just said scanning...

Guest Jan M
I should hope it's stable :)

BTW launcherpro has been updated. Android Market will most likely tell you an upgrade is available. If you upgrade then you'll end up with two launcherpros on the system.

So head on over to http://www.launcherpro.com/ and download the latest, rename it to Launcher.apk and push it to /system/app/ using ADB or using Root Explorer. Android should unload the original from memory and load in this newer version. You will also need to delete Launcher.odex from the phone

adb shell rm /system/app/Launcher.odex

maybe put this in the first post.

Guest tuxuy

Great work flibblesan.. I've just installed it on my u8220-6 after a u8230 update to re-partition from the "stock" state and to update firmware (because the hungarian update to 2.1 doesn't worked for me, update failed all the time, OEMSBL_VERSION_UNMATCHED, couldn't apply the december update either, fixed this way: using u8230 redbull update), and so far, so good.. only one force close with voice [¿search?] (I didn't use that s·$%t.. how can I remove it?)

The only thing I've to complain about is the dialer app.. I feel it occupies to much of my screen (I mean, if you go to favorites for example, the Favorites search button.. all that space occupied for what?).. before this I was using upd8-r6-2.1-pulse-a2sd+-vanilla-signed rom and the dialer app used there it was great..

So, thanks again! great rom

Edit: I love the message app and the gallery (perhaps it's a little slow and when I change the phone orientation, instead of rotating the picture, it goes back!.. weird ha?..)

Edited by tuxuy

Guest Cheadle

Its a great rom, fantastic work.

On ly issue I have noticed is that not all SMS messages seem to arrive, which seems to be an issue on most roms. Ive had a look into some of the code, however cant seem to see what the problem may be here - other than memory. Is that what it is or is it down to the code?

Guest Simon O
Its a great rom, fantastic work.

On ly issue I have noticed is that not all SMS messages seem to arrive, which seems to be an issue on most roms. Ive had a look into some of the code, however cant seem to see what the problem may be here - other than memory. Is that what it is or is it down to the code?

It's an issue with most roms. I've not experienced it until yesterday when I was unable to send any messages. Once I rebooted the phone they sent.

Guest bindi

Regarding low volume of loudspeaker on 2.1...has anyone tried "loud volume hack" app? Is it possible to increase volume by this app?

Guest petermgates

I'm still having issues seeing some apps in the market, google goggles for example.

Aside from that, this is a great rom. Thanks for your hard work :) :)

Guest Azurren

This rom is perfect for people like me (People who want the tweaks but don't want to commit them themselves)

Fantastic work! :)

Guest twics
I uploaded the rom before LauncherPro was updated..... :)

I don't have any update for the ROM right now. Focus is now on stability and tweaking some application artwork. Spare time for me is low so work on this rom is low priority. I originally created the rom for my own use and it's almost completely stable for me.

Great work Flibblesan wish I could do this stuff too, Stock 2.1 is ugly IMO.

Guest brack

I think I found a little bug: When I use Astrid for all kinds of reminders, and the phone is sleeping, the reminders of Astrid are kind of freezing, When I unlock the phone I get dozens of reminders for a few hours bipping in the same second.

Edited by brack

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
I think I found a little bug: When I use Astrid for all kinds of reminders, and the phone is sleeping, the reminders of Astrid are kind of freezing, When I unlock the phone I get dozens of reminders for a few hours bipping in the same second.

I got kind of the same problem with GMail.

I set my phone on "sound off" for the night. :)

In the morning I see no new mails.

But when I do a manual sync there are some. :)

Guest de_shepherd
I got kind of the same problem with GMail.

I set my phone on "sound off" for the night. :)

In the morning I see no new mails.

But when I do a manual sync there are some. :)

I've seen similar as well with Google Listen .... if I have it set to sync automatically then sometimes I find its not found any new podcasts which I know should be there - it I then request a manual sync I see it running through the list of my subs several times as if it had all the pending syncs queued up and suddenly released to happen.

Guest Simon O

I don't think these kind of bugs can be fixed without some serious work. We really could do with the 2.1 source and Huawei vendor files. Then we can work on our own completely custom, bug fixed rom. Like those Cyanogen roms.

Guest brack

I think there is something more than listed. I have removed Astrid and install it again and it gave me interesting message - something like LaunchPro app can kill Astrid process bla bla bla and the button "I will not kill Astrid" After I pressed that, everything works fine. So, for th experiment I tried to do the same again, removed Astrid, install again and got the same killing message but now about xScope browser able to kill ...

Also I noticed that after wipe and nandroid restore, I can see all apps that were installen in previous version, and restoration of data with Titanium Backup doent work, I mean that titanium installs app and pretends to restore data, but when I start app it is empty. I still want to experiment with titanium though, but old data after nandroid.... is kind of weird. The app is listed as installen in the market but it is not in menu.

Guest brack
The ROM is running great!

But one question: How do I know that A2SD is working? Where can I see this? How can I test this?

steps:

1. connect to PC via USB

2. run "adb shell" from android sdk tools

3. type "a2sd check" - you will see informations about your a2sd condition, you can even move your dalvik cache to sd via this shell commands

Guest petermgates

Something else interesting - apps that you can tell to add a shortcut to your home screen cannot do this for some reason.

The two I'm having difficulty with are Astro (helper apps) and Math Alarm. Also, Better Cut won't add new icons from the app - you can add them by long pressing on the home screen though.

Guest Simon O
Something else interesting - apps that you can tell to add a shortcut to your home screen cannot do this for some reason.

The two I'm having difficulty with are Astro (helper apps) and Math Alarm. Also, Better Cut won't add new icons from the app - you can add them by long pressing on the home screen though.

That seems to be an issue with LauncherPro.

Guest petermgates

That would make sense. I will say that it wasn't an issue when I used launcherpro installed over the vanilla home app in a previous 2.1 rom.

Will update lp and see if that helps.