[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest JohnPorter
QUTE

I love all the work that people have been doing with the 2.1 ROMs. What I don't like is the amount of rubbish that T-Mobile/Huawei etc decided to put into the ROMs making our phones slower than they should be. So for the last few days I've been working on a vanilla ROM for my own personal use, but I'm uploading it for others to try and give feedback on.QUTE

Flibblesan, I really do agree with you, but theres something in the flb_mode that makes the phone unstable and force closes, especially when I try to enable the jit.

But what is more interesting is that there's no such thing in the original TM-UK 2.1 update.

I hack the system from inside the the android with some tools that I thing we all should know very well about them.

Like root explorer, terminal emulator, rom manager, and for god sake super user.

and flash the boot partition with your boot.img

And I get something really interesting.

With A2SD installed and jit enabled I get about 3.7+ benchmark in linpack and super fast android.

Even with jumboheap it's still super fast.

What you did whit the kernel is simply magnificent.

We can always replace the Lounch.apk (Canvas) with some other lounchers.

And the framework-res.apk to. Buth we need to figure out how to stop those crushes.

Also I love the Idea of odexing the system apps, it's really saving some space.

I also replace the stock and buggy player with one of your's mod's players, I just can't remember from which mod was it.

Now I'm looking for your permission to upload my work here.

I'm not at home now so I can't make te "rom.zip" you know?

But I can upload the nandroid backup of the current state of my phone.

Sorry for the last 2 posts and the broken link I post, but the host went down.

Now it's up again, and if I get your permissions I'll upload the nand_backup and post you the link of it.

Also I'm sorry, but I really like the canvas louncher the most.

And I don't hate thinks, but YEAH! I really dislike pink 2.

And when I'm back home again I'll change the framework-res.apk or simply replace it with your espresso framework-res.apk.

That's all from me now.

I simply hope that you'll give me the permissions to post the link of my work. As I call it.

I promise not to disappoint you.

I love my pulse 2, And I want it to be the best smartphone ever 2.

Wow, that was hard to read!

I believe (and I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong) but JIT tends to break our phones if it's enabled. People have tried enabling JIT before and it has been proved that JIT reduces the stability of the phone.

Guest MuhaJR

Updated to 1.4.1 - fast, not as 1.2 but no phone process crashes.

Speed gained with moving Dalvik cache to class 4 sd card - and WHOOPING 55 megs free on phone!

My Pulse is now at least 30% faster - and apps are still on the phone... this is great!

Edited by MuhaJR

Guest gusthy
And I can prove it that works! Just download and try my own android modification.

the JIT provided with a2sd available in flb1.4.1 is stable, put eats memory, so overall performance is wrse.

Guest JohnPorter
Yeah in the flb-mod 1.4.1 it is eat's memory but I made some changes in the stock tm-Uk 2.1 rom and now you can have even more than 30-40MB free ram memory.

Try this nandroid back

But just to mention it that I only have my pulse in my hands and I just had to make a zip archive of my clockworkmode nandroid backup.

That's why you gonna need to unzip it and place it the backup file where your backup files should stay, and do a nandroid restore.

I did factory restore, so the first thing you gonna see is the setup wizard, and don't worry if your first boot take longer than usually. That's because of the factory restore.

And not to forget to mention that you gonna have to partition your sd card with not less than 256MB ext3, and no swap at all.

That's because the apps are stored in the "/system/sd"(ext3) partition.

Can you provide a clear concise list of the changes made please? If you confident that this works, then perhaps your better off making your own thread for this and maybe creating a ROM instead of a nandroid backup.

Politely I'd like to suggest you use paragraphs, really helps people to read posts a little bit easier, well it does for me anyway.

Guest Simon O
@flibblesan

I'm waiting for FLB-mod 1.5 with flash now that works. :D

I'm sorry but adding flash to FLB will cause a lot more problems. We have low free memory to start with.

Guest totiadrenalin
Hey Folks!

Check this stuff.

720p recording on htc

Maybe just maybe some guy smarter than me could port the build.prop and media_profiles.xml intu pulse 2.1 rom.

It'll be great isn't it?

I'll be back home in Monday. So until than I hope so that someone else will start working on that media codex.

I'll try what I can do with my phone.

Guest Simon O
I think this may have something to do with SFP that was removed from 1.4.1. I noticed that it is launched when you connect phone to PC.

Fib, maybe you should make the removal of these processes optional? Maybe in the form of a script?

SFP shouldn't have been removed. I don't know why some files ended up missing from FLB-MOD 1.4 :D

Uploaded a small update to add SFP: flbmod_v1.4.1sfp.zip

Guest Simon O

totiadrenalin: It's great that you are working on your own ROM but please can you start a new thread instead of posting in this thread which is about the ROM I created.

A moderator should be able to move your posts into the new thread also. Thank you.

Guest darkdevil1

Hmm, I've had two random reboots since doing a fresh install of 1.41. One when browsing my agenda and the other while making a call while not touching any buttons 0_o

Guest meinnit
SFP shouldn't have been removed. I don't know why some files ended up missing from FLB-MOD 1.4 :D

I just remember reading a comment saying that it was removed...I'm sure it was you that said that!

I'm sorry but adding flash to FLB will cause a lot more problems. We have low free memory to start with.

Problems? How come? I'm still in the 1.2 Tre and loving it + now that I have flashlite there is no way of changing this thing.

Oh well, I hope you'll make one tesr version named flb 1.5 FFL (first flashlite) and I think it will be quite popular cause there are some pages that use flash menus as navigation.

Edited by D-D-

Guest Sl4yer
the JIT provided with a2sd available in flb1.4.1 is stable, put eats memory, so overall performance is wrse.

Didn't work for me. Got a screenfull of errors (write protection I think) then a reboot. No increase in Linpack results after, so I guess it wasn't running.

I've flashed the JIT zip before. No real problems, although as Flibblesan says it tends to get a bit unstable after a few days. Might be better with the later builds, who knows?

Importantly though, the only thing that I can be sure was improved by JIT was Linpack. I had an idea that webpages displayed quicker, but not definitely. Maybe it's time to try again.... :D

Guest Simon O
I just remember reading a comment saying that it was removed...I'm sure it was you that said that!

I can't even keep track of this thread sometimes or even remember what I did this morning never mind what I said in this thread :D

I guess it's something I removed and didn't notice any problems, but didn't check it with the sync software.

Guest baotica

Complaining about RAM, complaining about ROM partitioning, asking if its possible to move the entire data partition to SD.

Edited by BigBearMDC
Using an ridiculous amount of badwords ...

Guest Sl4yer
Another stroke of genius.Fuckers.

Well done! You got that one through... :D

I don't understand most of what you just wrote. But it sounds to me like you probably need to get a Desire or something!

The Pulse is now pretty much a legacy device in Android terms. The good folks here are doing their best to get the maximum from it, and most of us are happy. If you aren't, your expectations are too high or you're doing something wrong.

Haha, I love a little rant from time to time too. Have you tried flashing su-2.3.2.1-ef-signed.zip? That should fix your su-problems with FLB 1.41. At least it did for me.

Great stuff here btw people. I just bought my Pulse last week (since they're REALLY dirt cheap now) and i'm glad to see great roms like this one to play with.

Edited by C0r

Hi,

Thanks. This solved the original issue, but cause another one.

Now every time I boot, I get Android keyboard is not responding and late android.process.acore is not responding.

Although after pressing "Wait" everything works fine, it is just annoying. So if you will have some idea of how to solve it, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks again for the great job!

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi,

Thanks. This solved the original issue, but cause another one.

Now every time I boot, I get Android keyboard is not responding and late android.process.acore is not responding.

Although after pressing "Wait" everything works fine, it is just annoying. So if you will have some idea of how to solve it, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks again for the great job!

I replace the loucher.apk with the canvas louncher and until now seems like theres no problems with android.process.acore not responding.

maybe theres some bugs in the abw and louncher pro?

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

FLB v1.41 is great. Fast, stable.

But I still have 1 little problem.

I use HandCent as my SMS/TEXT App and Tone Picker to set different tones to different apps.

Since I updated to 1.41 (no wipe) HandCent is not playing the MP3 I set to it on incoming SMS/TEXT messages.

The settings show it is selected but instead it plays a/the default tone.

ROM or HandCent issue??!!

I replace the loucher.apk with the canvas louncher and until now seems like theres no problems with android.process.acore not responding.

maybe theres some bugs in the abw and louncher pro?

Hi,

The problem appears only after installing Flibblesan's SFP fix. So I don't think it is a generic problem of the launcher.