[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Hi,

Thanks. This solved the original issue, but cause another one.

Now every time I boot, I get Android keyboard is not responding and late android.process.acore is not responding.

Although after pressing "Wait" everything works fine, it is just annoying. So if you will have some idea of how to solve it, I would very much appreciate it.

Thanks again for the great job!

Try wiping the dalvik-cache using the terminal and "a2sd resetcache" and let the phone boot. Also try the "fix permissions" feature inside ROMManager.

Guest gusthy
I try flb_mod 1.4.1 this morning but somehow I couldn't find the file manager. Fortunately I have Back Up of the stock filemanager.apk and RootExplorer so I put the filemanager in /system/app.

Anyway, this is the best rom so fare.

Also yeah flbmod_v1.4.1sfp.zip.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, Btspp.apk, SFP.apk wore missing to.

But still when i try to activate the jit I have a lot of issues.

Some of the games I have, makes forced close.

Something's eat's the memory.

It's got to be the jit.

I've got to mention that I still don't have a pc in my hands now.

JIT definitely eats memory, as an average it uses 10-20% more. Also, you had better increasing dalvik heap size with JIT. As an overall result, I don't think its worth to use that, it slows down instead of speeding up (for memory reasons).

Try wiping the dalvik-cache using the terminal and "a2sd resetcache" and let the phone boot. Also try the "fix permissions" feature inside ROMManager.

Did it. Now only one message "Android keyboard is not responding" comes up. I cleaned dalvik-cache in the recovery mode menu. Don't think it makes a difference.

Guest gusthy
Did it. Now only one message "Android keyboard is not responding" comes up. I cleaned dalvik-cache in the recovery mode menu. Don't think it makes a difference.

It happens to me once, but after that it disappears, the system is usable then.

It happens to me once, but after that it disappears, the system is usable then.

Yes, true. It is only once after every reboot. Of course, I can leave with it. But would be good to know if there is a way to solve it.

Guest xfighter11

Hi everybody,

first of all I have to say that FLB Mod is superb. But I'm having issues since the beginning. I'm always getting error messages from Fancy widget and android.process.acore. Don't remember exactly the comlete message.

I made a factory reset many times but no changes. After the factory reset and flashing v1.4.1 I'm getting the first error message in the first screen after booting. This is reproducible for me. Is this normal?

Mostly the crash screen (Close or Wait) appears after returning from the keyboard lock. But sometimes while browsing trough the menu.

What about changing the loader?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Edited by xfighter11

Guest Simon O
@Fibblescan: is there any reason some apk's like Phone.apk, Concacts.apk etc. are not odex'd?

Only because when I odexed these apps they kept causing force close issues.

Guest Simon O
Hey guess what I find out.

When I restore the boot.img from the uk 2.1 rom, and copy back to root the init.rc stored from flbmod 1.4.1?

All problems had gone.

Now I'm back to adwLauncher again

No problems now.

Flibblesan. is there any chance that somethings maybe, (I don't know anything about android kernel) you know? Something that u mist? I don't know?!!

I'm on flb_mod 1.4.1 And no problems.

Probably not because the boot image in FLB 1.41 is the UK boot.img with root enabled and the tweaks made to init.rc

Guest Simon O
I try flb_mod 1.4.1 this morning but somehow I couldn't find the file manager. Fortunately I have Back Up of the stock filemanager.apk and RootExplorer so I put the filemanager in /system/app.

Anyway, this is the best rom so fare.

Also yeah flbmod_v1.4.1sfp.zip.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, Btspp.apk, SFP.apk wore missing to.

But still when i try to activate the jit I have a lot of issues.

Some of the games I have, makes forced close.

Something's eat's the memory.

It's got to be the jit.

I've got to mention that I still don't have a pc in my hands now.

AccountAndSyncSettings.apk, Btspp.apk aren't missing from FLB 1.4.1

Guest xfighter11
Hey guess what I find out.

When I restore the boot.img from the uk 2.1 rom, and copy back to root the init.rc stored from flbmod 1.4.1?

All problems had gone.

Now I'm back to adwLauncher again

No problems now.

Flibblesan. is there any chance that somethings maybe, (I don't know anything about android kernel) you know? Something that u mist? I don't know?!!

I'm on flb_mod 1.4.1 And no problems.

I don't really understand. I made a factory reset after flashing the UK 2.1 Rom and then I flashed the FLB Rom but always error messages. Any guide to get it without errors? Or is my Pulse broken?

Please help me! Thx

Guest xfighter11

At the moment I use the J-MOD and it ssems to be very stable. Optically I like FLB-MOD more but stability I more important for me so I'm forced to use J-MOD at the moment.

I don't know why FLB doesn't like my phoney :D

Guest sparky71a
At the moment I use the J-MOD and it ssems to be very stable. Optically I like FLB-MOD more but stability I more important for me so I'm forced to use J-MOD at the moment.

I don't know why FLB doesn't like my phoney :D

FLB in it's most recent carnation is very stable indeed, and I load each one that's released,If you use the rom manager and fix your permissions you will find your pulse transformed into something far smoother than ever came in the box.

1.4 is excellent and the product of great attention to improving detail. Try what i've said and you'll be fine.

Guest meinnit
If you use the rom manager and fix your permissions you will find your pulse transformed into something far smoother than ever came in the box.

What does this do?

Guest Simon O
Try it again.

Becouse when you make factory restore all data partition is formated and then the init.rc takes in action.

Now I can say that I start to understand the android kernel.

Yes! Flibblesan is using the same boot.img from the uk 2.1 rom. and make's some changins in the init.rc

For example the

#adbd on at boot in emulator on property:ro.kernel.qemu=1

start adbd

on property:presist.service.adbd.enable=1

start a2sd

on property:cm.fylesystem.ready=1

class_start default

service a2sd /system/bin/logwrapeper /system/bin/sh /system/bin/a2sd

disabled

oneshot

and e.t.c.

also some tweaks in the /system/build.prop

So Flibblesan, if it's realy that by odexing system apps the android becomes unstable? Then why don't you get back the old not odexed /system/apps?

Any way, /data partiton is used for app-space.

And thats all we could use as user internal phone memory.

now with the uk rom we have /100MB in /system, 20MB in /cache, 53MB in /dev, 4MB in /sqlite_stmt_jurnals, and 90MB in /data. As usable rom memory.

Feel free to start your own thread at any time about your work. You continue to post in my thread about modifications and other work you are doing, whilst at the same time questioning the choices I have made regarding my rom. I consider this extremely rude.

I would like to roll back to the stock contacts application and keep the rest of the flb rom. Willing to do the necessary mucking about in code if need be... but need a pointer to start me in the right direction. FLB author? help appreciated !

Thanks

EDIT:

Amazed that I didn't get a response ... considering how simple it was in the end. Just replace the apk files the old ones. The trick was to get the correct old ones and know which ones to replace. This is what I did:

use unyaffs to extract the app folder in system.img (Tmobile UK 2.1 stock ROM)

adb push Contacts.apk, dialer.apk to the phone's /system/app folder.

clear data for contacts and contacts storage in manage applications under settings (in the phone).

voila !

So far it looks ok... would appreciate comments if anyone has any? Please quote this message (or PM me) so that I get an interrupt from your message.

Cheers

Edited by akho

Guest totiadrenalin
Feel free to start your own thread at any time about your work. You continue to post in my thread about modifications and other work you are doing, whilst at the same time questioning the choices I have made regarding my rom. I consider this extremely rude.

As I told you already, I am engaged in another project and I am on holiday in Greece now.

But several weeks ago, just like that, looking through modaco forum, I came across your thread.

So I decided to try your flbmod 1.3.1.

I searched on google about how to gain root access to the Android 2.1 pulse.

And so on.

So I'm apologizing to you, very much, but I had no intention of your mind, or be rude or anything like that at all.

That's why I wrote sorry on any of my post's in this thread.

And U can ask the moderator to delete them.

I'll always gonna use your rom on my Pulse anyway.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest igor_anta
As I told you already, I am engaged in another project and I am on holiday in Greece now.

But several weeks ago, just like that, looking through modaco forum, I came across your thread.

So I decided to try your flbmod 1.3.1.

I searched on google about how to gain root access to the Android 2.1 pulse.

And so on.

So I'm apologizing to you, very much, but I had no intention of your mind, or be rude or anything like that at all.

That's why I wrote sorry on any of my post's in this thread.

And U can ask the moderator to delete them.

I'll always gonna use your rom on my Pulse anyway.

Well the point is that you can just make a topic like "My modifications/advices for FLB Mod" and that's what flibble was saying. It would take the same amount of time like writing here and overcrowding the topic, which is quite crowded already. I think what you're doing is good but flibble said it should not be on his thread so you should respect that. Cheers!

Guest xfighter11
FLB in it's most recent carnation is very stable indeed, and I load each one that's released,If you use the rom manager and fix your permissions you will find your pulse transformed into something far smoother than ever came in the box.

1.4 is excellent and the product of great attention to improving detail. Try what i've said and you'll be fine.

But fact is I had no single crash with J-MOD until now. I installed FLD-MOD using ROM Manager and had always the same crashes. So I would prefer J-MOD at the moment.

Guest sparky71a
But fact is I had no single crash with J-MOD until now. I installed FLD-MOD using ROM Manager and had always the same crashes. So I would prefer J-MOD at the moment.

Out of interest... do you restore a back up of your phone after installation of a new rom?

Guest xfighter11

I tried again and fail. Is it possible that is has something to do with the micro sd card? My phone is acting so slow. The shutdown takes at least 30-40 seconds. Is there any working and understandable guide from the beginning?

I'm driving crazy with this crap.

Guest karlosoliveira

hello.

I have flashed the FLB 1.4.1 and it was great! let my u8230 very smooth.

First of all my phone had the 1.5 TMN A1 ROM, them upgraded for Switzerland Sunrise 2.1 ROM and then FLB 1.0... to the latest 1.4.1

I have installed the navigation IGO8 and the phone go very slow in that app. Do i have to install UK 2.1 ROM to solve these issue? Its very recomended to upgrade do UK ROM and then FLB in my case?

Thanks