[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
comment installer la 1.1.3 et a quoi elle sert??,

Il est un lanceur remplacement. Vous pouvez installer à l'aide de récupération Amon_RA ou récupération Clockworkmod.

It is a launcher replacement. You can install using Amon_RA recovery or Clockworkmod recovery.

(does anybody here speak French at all? Google Translate isn't very good and my GCSE French is very limited!)

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Totyasrác

C'mon guys...

ADW Launcher can be found (as a free app) in Market - just install from there. With using another app like HomeSwitcher you can set your default launcher and choose any that is installed. Best way to try others out.

Guest Simon O
C'mon guys...

ADW Launcher can be found (as a free app) in Market - just install from there. With using another app like HomeSwitcher you can set your default launcher and choose any that is installed. Best way to try others out.

Good point. It's really a good way to test different launchers out. However the market version of ADW opens it's own acore process just like LauncherPro. If you want the maximum performance then flashing the system version is the way to go.

I'm desperately trying to get the author of LauncherPro to see sense and release a build of LauncherPro that can be used as a system launcher with UID 0.

Guest arlindo.costa

At the moment I am using 3 launchers.

Stock Launcher Expresso

Adw Launcher

Launcher pro

Can't decide which I like best so I've got the three installed and change default from one to the other every 2-3 days ... :huh: ;)

Guest Daz555
Good point. It's really a good way to test different launchers out. However the market version of ADW opens it's own acore process just like LauncherPro. If you want the maximum performance then flashing the system version is the way to go.

That explains why ADW feels better when flashed onto my phone than when I originally installed it from the Market alongside the default LauncherPro I had at the time.

Edited by Daz555

Guest fredewis
Il est un lanceur remplacement. Vous pouvez installer à l'aide de récupération Amon_RA ou récupération Clockworkmod.

It is a launcher replacement. You can install using Amon_RA recovery or Clockworkmod recovery.

(does anybody here speak French at all? Google Translate isn't very good and my GCSE French is very limited!)

hmmm understanding french is easy for me (spanish talker here) but boy my gcse didnt help me mutch on writing or speaking it.

Guest Pakatus
At the moment I am using 3 launchers.

Stock Launcher Expresso

Adw Launcher

Launcher pro

Can't decide which I like best so I've got the three installed and change default from one to the other every 2-3 days ... ;) :(

You forgot Samsung Launcher :huh:

Guest meinnit
One acore process. 22M used by acore. 27MB system memory available. I'm using no memory tweaks and not using the home keep in memory tweak. ADW isn't set to be persistent. Whenever I've been using some apps and go back to the home screen it's there ready. No waiting for widgets to reload :huh:

The author of ADW has really optimized this a lot!

22MB is impressive ;)

A good test would be to take free memory down to 15MB and see if home screen re-loads. I may switch to ADW from stock launcher if it's stable :(

Guest arlindo.costa
You forgot Samsung Launcher :huh:

I used it for a a couple of days and then gave up... Very irritating without the option to sort appdrawer automatically (did rather like it visually). :( ;)

Guest Daz555
I used it for a a couple of days and then gave up... Very irritating without the option to sort appdrawer automatically (did rather like it visually). ;) :huh:

Same here. Loved the look of it, but the drawer thing was a pain and it did reload more often.

Guest Totyasrác

Something keeps eatin' up free memory. After 2 days of usage free RAM dropped to 18megs or so - and kept kickin' me out of Talk, twicca etc.

What is wonderful is that after restart I have 35megs of free RAM (awesome!), checked with SysMonitor - and watching this with Running Applications it's sayin' 20MB free RAM 15MBs other = 35MBs :huh:

Now that really is excellent and I can feel that my phone is at full potential (actually beyond that ;))

So thanks again, flib mate, v1.4.1 just kicks @ss, big time!

(If anyone wonders how:

-FLB v1.4.1 over Hungarian 2.1

-using stock launcher,

having:

-Fancy and twicca widgets running all the time

-factory electronic control widget

-couple of icons for quick call, launching Talk, Browser, Mail, QuickSettings etc.

-logged in into twitter and talk all the time.)

Guest meinnit
Something keeps eatin' up free memory. After 2 days of usage free RAM dropped to 18megs or so - and kept kickin' me out of Talk, twicca etc.

Same...mine doesn't go down by that much but I have noticed the core Android processes not releasing RAM. I reboot every 1-2 days to overcome this.

Guest xfighter11

I'm getting a new one these days. My old one seemed to be broken. So is there a idiot-proof guide for flashing FLB-Mod 1.4.1? In which order I have to what? It would be awesome if someone could help me.

Oh and another important question:

Is there any PC Suite which is cmopatible with the Pulse? The included suite did not work although the right drivers were installed. The phone is not recognized over USB. I want to create my contacts with the suite.

Guest andreass4
I'm getting a new one these days. My old one seemed to be broken. So is there a idiot-proof guide for flashing FLB-Mod 1.4.1? In which order I have to what? It would be awesome if someone could help me.

Oh and another important question:

Is there any PC Suite which is cmopatible with the Pulse? The included suite did not work although the right drivers were installed. The phone is not recognized over USB. I want to create my contacts with the suite.

if you have a google account you wont need a pc suite! when i started with android i tried the included suite, but i lost most of my contacts with it cause this is a really buggy suite.

for your new pulse:

first flash the 2.1 tmobile UK update, then you can flash FLB, there are no more things you need to think about :huh:

Guest wwwhizz

You just have to connect your phone to your google account. It will ask you to do so right after you've flashed FLB :huh:

woohoo, my first post!

Edited by wwwhizz

Guest Totyasrác
for your new pulse:

first flash the 2.1 tmobile UK update, then you can flash FLB, there are no more things you need to think about :huh:

Missed the middle step: install recovery.

(Easiest way: install RomManager from Market, then via RomManager install recovery, select Huawei Pulse, done. Then (also from RomManager) select "Install Rom from zip on SD", search for FLB on your SD (after you've copied this over there) and there you go ;)

Guest Totyasrác
And which is the best? Amon Ra or Clockwork? THX

If you've read the "Easiest way..." part then you'd known: it's the way to install ClockWorkMod Recovery :huh:

AmonRA is fine also but ClockWorkMod is preferred and also easy to install, with good support and can be used from the working phone's menu.

Guest kankle123
Hello,

I have updated from 1.2 to 1.4.1 and my data service isn't working any more, I cannot connect to the web via by the G, E or 3G data connections any more. I am on the Orange network -- any suggestions?

Thanks for the releases Mr Flibblesan I enjoy using your mod :huh:

Anyone?

Cheers.

Guest Simon O
Anyone?

Cheers.

Hey sorry I missed your question. You will need to add the APN information for Orange manually. Head into Settings then Wireless & networks then Mobile networks. Click Access Point Names then press the Menu key and press New APN. Then you just need to enter the details for Orange:

MMS Settings

Name: orangemms

APN: orangemms

Proxy: http://192.168.224.10

Port: 8080

Username: Orange

Password: Multimedia

Server: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.10

MMS Port: 9201

MCC: 234

MNC: 33

APN type: mms

Orange internet Settings

Name: orange

APN: orangeinternet

Proxy: 192.168.071.035

Port: 9201

Username: [your mobile number]

Password: [your orange.co.uk account password]

Server: orangeinternet

MMSC: http://mms.orange.co.uk

MMS Proxy: 192.168.224.10

MMS Port: 8080

MCC: 234

MNC: 33

APN type: <not set>

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O

Currently uploaded FLB-Mod 1.5

If you are currently on 1.4.1 then you don't need to update. FLB-Mod 1.5 is purely a release to integrate the released fixes for 1.4.1 and have something that can be flashed onto a new phone that works without issue.

Two versions will be uploaded. One with LauncherPro, one with ADW. As before you can replace the launcher by flashing the zips available on the first page.

ZIPs have been uploaded along with Vanilla Framework for 1.5

Q/A

I want the benefit of FLB-Mod 1.5 without wiping and flashing a new rom!

Download the replacement boot.img without any tweaks and flash this to your phone. If you want the best performance then I advise you to use ADW.Launcher.

Why have you released FLB-Mod 1.5 without any new features?

I felt that 1.41 needed to be made more noob friendly and all fixes to be integrated into a single flashable zip. This will allow me to now focus on tweaking the rom some more without rushing to make a release.

I'm happy with my current version. Do I have to update?

Of course not. If you are happy then stick with what you have. If you are having problems then I would love you to try FLB-Mod 1.5 with ADW. You will be surprised how nice it runs.

Edited by flibblesan