[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest niko1986
FLB-Mod 1.4.1 - 1.5 wipe-free update uploaded and posted to the first page

Download

This will not touch the data partition at all. You may be able to update from an older version of FLB. If you do this then you will almost definitely need to flash the updated Superuser app or install this from the Android Market.

Feels much smoother compared to 1.4.1, which had been force closing a lot for me.

Guest xfighter11
Feels much smoother compared to 1.4.1, which had been force closing a lot for me.

I had the same problem but heard that this is not normal. Now I will get a new phone.

My phone started going really slow lately, ADW chrashes almost everytime I close an app and android.acore chrashes often too.

I'm on FLB-Mod 1.2-tre, with the tre 2.1 rom as my "original rom."

What should I do to update to 1.5? (preferrably without wipeing)

Or is there any reason to go to 1.4.1 instead?

Guest Simon O
My phone started going really slow lately, ADW chrashes almost everytime I close an app and android.acore chrashes often too.

I'm on FLB-Mod 1.2-tre, with the tre 2.1 rom as my "original rom."

What should I do to update to 1.5? (preferrably without wipeing)

Or is there any reason to go to 1.4.1 instead?

Usually wiping the dalvik-cache can help with acore crashes. You should be able to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5 with the no-wipe. You will have to re-install the Superuser app which you can do from the Android Market easily enough. A2SD should be fine as nothing has really changed between the version used on 1.2 and 1.5

Best thing though is to do a Nandroid backup first then upgrade. At least if something goes wrong you can roll back.

Guest peelie
Usually wiping the dalvik-cache can help with acore crashes. You should be able to upgrade from 1.2 to 1.5 with the no-wipe. You will have to re-install the Superuser app which you can do from the Android Market easily enough. A2SD should be fine as nothing has really changed between the version used on 1.2 and 1.5

Best thing though is to do a Nandroid backup first then upgrade. At least if something goes wrong you can roll back.

hi

has anyone had any issues with hungarian 2.1 rom who have updated from flib 1.2 to 1.5 with no wipe?

thanks

Are all my apps be removed even if I update using the non-wipe version?

my phone and a huawei U8230, have another person who have this phone?

Anyone else find these kind of things hilarious? :huh:

Edited by Guest

Guest dimben1

I wanted to know if someone had the same phone as me as "super user" and "Barnacle Wifi Tether" takes away the possibility of appeal. I have made in removing them, I do not know too much about what it is, I hope the translation is good

Guest dimben1
Are all my apps be removed even if I update using the non-wipe version?

Anyone else find these kind of things hilarious? :huh:

pas moi , j'essaye de traduire avec se que je peu , dit moi se qui te fait rire

Guest JimJam707
pas moi , j'essaye de traduire avec se que je peu , dit moi se qui te fait rire

not me, I try to translate what I just said to me that makes you laugh

Guest naniteboy
45MB/80MB looks like SysMonitor app's "internal memory" instead of RAM.

I guess we'll NEVER be able to have more than 40MBs of free ram on any 2.1 based ROMs (even with killing some unnecessary sys apps).

So could you please confirm how much free RAM do you have?

(Settings/Applications/Running apps -> botton line (look for something like Avail: 12MB+0.00kB -2 Other: 15MB -3)

This two add up to 27MBs which equals to SysMonitor's measurement of 26MBs of free RAM.

Very interesting - it states 10MB+0.00B in 0 and Other: 17MB in 3.

But MySettings (probably has same logic for showimg memory as SysMonitor) still states 45MB/80MB :huh:

I'm not an expert for Android memory management so I wouldn't even try to explain this ;) -

but I'm pretty sure that I have more available RAM since whole system runs more smoothly as FLB1.2Tre (visible difference).

I have to test iGo and see if it's also smoother - will try that tomorrow probably.

EDIT:

I just checked under Settings -> SD card & phone storage settings ... Internal phone storage is 45.28MB :D

So - obviously I misunderstood what MySettings is showing me ... sorry for misinformation!

EDIT #2:

Just installed iGo - memory (obviously internal storage for apps) went down to 33MB ;)

App itself works as always - slow as hell (maybe someone knows how to speed it up!) - but it works :(

But - when I close it, it exits without a flinch, ADW doesn't get reloaded and everything works very smooth again :D

Edited by naniteboy

Guest DanWilson
I wanted to know if someone had the same phone as me as "super user" and "Barnacle Wifi Tether" takes away the possibility of appeal. I have made in removing them, I do not know too much about what it is, I hope the translation is good

You shouldn't have removed the "Super User" app, although I don't understand the translation very well.

"Barnacle Wifi Tether" is for using your phones 3G on your computer - if you don't need it, you can remove it.

Vous ne devriez pas avoir retiré le "Super User" app, bien que je ne comprends pas la traduction très bien.

"Barnacle Wifi Tether" est utilisé pour les téléphones 3G de votre sur votre ordinateur - si vous n'en avez pas besoin, vous pouvez le supprimer.

Hopefully Google hasn't failed me...

Edited by DanWilson

Guest gusthy
I guess we'll NEVER be able to have more than 40MBs of free ram on any 2.1 based ROMs (even with killing some unnecessary sys apps).

My estimation is 40-45 MB too.

What is an important issue: having 40 megs after reboot is different from having around 40 megs - my estimation is that this 40 megs (with cleaning up system things) produces a _very_ responsible and fast Pulse.

I guess that when it has only 20-25 MB memory, the OS and the running apps have to fit there, while at 40-45 megabytes it can buffer and keep in memory much more things permanently. Therefore the overall performance will be much better.

Guest Rizzly
I've tested adding an APN and whilst it's not showing up in the settings page, it has added it to the apns xml file. This file already contains most APN settings for most operators so you should have working 3G. What network are you trying to add?

I'm using tele2 in sweden, where can I find the xml-file?

Edit: Ok, I found the xml file and checked for a preconfigured entry for tele2.se, and it was there, however internet and mms was not divided wich is done for all other tele2 entries. I did this for tele2.se and checked all information against the information that is out there on the web, everything is correct, however I still get no 3G connection.

How does android know wich apn to use if you just have the xml-list, do I have to specify it somewhere? Also, I'm on a prepaid/pay as you go sim-card, so I need for APNdroid to work, however, my guess is that it won't if I don't have any entries of APN's in com.android.settings, am I wrong about this?

Edited by Rizzly

Guest fredewis
Did you move dalvik-cache to the SD?

Yes mate i have is that y is failling

Sorry for triple post phone acted wiered on me

Edited by fredewis

Guest Trebor Rude
1. I can't add APN's, press to add a new one, fill in the information and press save. The list of APN's remain empty

... I'm on the 1.41 version.

I have this same problem on FLB 1.0 with the Hungarian 2.1 ROM. I also installed the CUSTOMIZED_HU update. Which 2.1 base ROM are you using? I was just about to update to FLB 1.5, and was trying to decide if I should use the link in this thread to download the T-Mobile UK ROM. If this turns out a problem with the Hungarian ROM, I probably will try the UK ROM.

Guest Simon O
Yes mate i have is that y is failling

Sorry for triple post phone acted wiered on me

It's ok :huh:

Yes that's probably the reason. If you move dalvik cache back to the device then upgrade it will work fine.

I need to spend a few days working out a way to do an update that isn't affected by a2sd.

Guest Rizzly
I have this same problem on FLB 1.0 with the Hungarian 2.1 ROM. I also installed the CUSTOMIZED_HU update. Which 2.1 base ROM are you using? I was just about to update to FLB 1.5, and was trying to decide if I should use the link in this thread to download the T-Mobile UK ROM. If this turns out a problem with the Hungarian ROM, I probably will try the UK ROM.

It worked fine for me when I used the hungarian rom, CUSTOM_HU and the old oscillation rom , now I'm on the swedish tre-rom as base, and FLB 1.41 on that.