[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Gprs did not work with FLB1.5ADW or FLB1.5LP on my U8220(small rom version, UK 2.1).

I used FLB1.41 before and gprs worked.

CHINA MOBILE (CMCC)

Does any one have the same problem? tks!

I also have the same problem.

Might be a problem with the APN information. You can try to replace the /system/etc/apns-conf.xml with a version from a ROM that worked for you.

Guest OPTICAL BOOM

Yo, i'm thinking of creating my own ROM for my pulse. but im not entirely sure on how to make the whole thing flashable after my modification, do you need a particular signing program? or will it just flash after my mods?

Many Thanks,

OP

Edited by OPTICAL BOOM

Just a quick (probably stupid) question, but also a yes or no one..

I'm running v1.4 now, so if I want to update to v1.5, can I simply download the zip and flash it from recovery without wiping or any of that? Or should I wipe and the install?

Guest fredewis

hay flib i got some strange mombo jombo going on with my terminal emulator i type su then a2sd check it works then i type su again and a2sd help and i get the comand list but the thing is none work all say coman not found when i type it any help.runing 1.4.1(no twiks).

Guest twrock
I've yet to install v1.5, but any chance of adding the stock file manager back to future releases? I'm not that fond of astro.

It's attached here. You can just install it (unzip it and copy the .apk to your sd card, tap on it in Astro to install), or you can "push" it back into /system/app with adb.

FileManager.zip

Edited by twrock

Guest Simon O
Hey flib!

Just wondering why after updating, with full wipe, all the live wallpapers were gone?

They have been removed for two reasons. The Pulse is too slow when using Live Wallpapers and I don't have enough space left on /system to add them to the ROM. There was a very good reason why T-Mobile UK removed live wallpapers from the 2.1 rom :huh:

Guest Simon O
Just a quick (probably stupid) question, but also a yes or no one..

I'm running v1.4 now, so if I want to update to v1.5, can I simply download the zip and flash it from recovery without wiping or any of that? Or should I wipe and the install?

Yes that will work fine. You will need to move dalvik-cache back to the device first before updating though.

Guest twrock
They have been removed for two reasons. The Pulse is too slow when using Live Wallpapers and I don't have enough space left on /system to add them to the ROM. There was a very good reason why T-Mobile UK removed live wallpapers from the 2.1 rom :huh:

Hear, hear.

Hey, I'm wondering what it takes to get the full list of locales back into the ROM instead of only the limited set FLB now has. Is that a simple apk, or is that some complex part of the boot.img? (vs. having to use MoreLocale as an add-on)

Edit for reference: I think it is controlled the the mcc and mnc settings in local.prop. More testing needed.

Edited by twrock

Guest rulerofkaos

I installed 1.5 with ADW first and tested it ( by the way great work flibble!), now I flashed the stock launcher an realised that I have about 8 mb more RAM avaialable. Now I have with only system processes and homescreen widgets (weather widget) running about 38 mb.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest rulerofkaos
8MB is really a lot. Which zip do you flashed? I think somewhere in this topic is a themed and a original one.

I flashed the one from the first page of the thread, you can find it under FLB v1.2

Guest johninho
Well you can try....

Format your SD with 0MB swap, 512 ext2 and leave the rest intact, then try again to install the FLB.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :huh:

It worked and I now have FLB 1.5 up and running.

I forgot that I had tried to copy some stuff from my old phone onto SD card before trying to install FLB.

Because of all the clockwork and nandroid backups, my SD card was completely full.

Presume there must be some minimum space required for swap files or something.

Anyway,

Thanks again, much appreciated.

Guest fredewis
hay flib i got some strange mombo jombo going on with my terminal emulator i type su then a2sd check it works then i type su again and a2sd help and i get the comand list but the thing is none work all say coman not found when i type it any help.runing 1.4.1(no twiks).

anyone ?

Guest meinnit
8MB is really a lot. Which zip do you flashed? I think somewhere in this topic is a themed and a original one.

I've been curious as to whether new ADW is indeed more RAM efficient than stock launcher but no one posts their process list with RAM usage :( Something like this would be useful..

I'm on FLB 1.2 at the moment and I thought I'd share my RAM usage after 24 hours uptime. I have killed all processes except Android, keyboard and OS Monitor and currently have approx (31,952KB) 32MB RAM free. RAM usage for each process is as follows:

system_server 34M

Smart Keyboard 18M

com.android.phone 22M

android.process.acore 27M

com.google.process.gapps 21M

OSMonitor 22M

Would be good to see what other people are getting on FLB 1.5 as a comparison :huh:

;)

If anyone needs an app to show processes and RAM usage, download OSMonitor from Market

Edited by meinnit

Yes that will work fine. You will need to move dalvik-cache back to the device first before updating though.

Okay, thank you. Though I am wondering whether to just wipe and use the ADW v1.5 then install LauncherPro from the market, because of the problem I'm having with adding icons with BetterCut on the LauncherPro version of v1.4.1 :/

Good. ;)

Hey flib.

I get it about the live wallpapers and it's ok I guess.

But I just noticed 1 little problem. The 3G/edge/GPRS doesn't work after the update. As I said it was an update with full wipe and everything.

tnx in advance

Guest AntonioPT
anyone ?

The commands on

a2sd help
are meant to be used like this:
a2sd --command on help--

Hope this helps.

PS: Try to use a more 'normal' language :huh:

Guest Simon O
Hear, hear.

Hey, I'm wondering what it takes to get the full list of locales back into the ROM instead of only the limited set FLB now has. Is that a simple apk, or is that some complex part of the boot.img? (vs. having to use MoreLocale as an add-on)

Honestly, this is something I really don't know about. I don't think it's anything to do with the boot.img but the system itself.

Guest Keynun

Just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.5 and have noticed 2 issues.

First one is that the GPRS isn't working, although I have read about replacing the APN file info but have no idea to do so (help appreciated : D)

Second issue is a bit weird. Downloads from the market seem to fail several times before it downloads fully. My 3G looks okay and runs a speed test with 400kb/s speed and the signal strength is usually 3-4 bars. Any ideas?

Guest fredewis
The commands on
a2sd help
are meant to be used like this:
a2sd --command on help--

Hope this helps.

PS: Try to use a more 'normal' language :huh:

$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

$su

# a2sd --jit--

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

[ ] Starting Darktremor Apps2SD Version 2.7.5 RC2 2010-08-09

[ ] Checking for Dalvik Heap Size.

[ ] Setting Heap Size to 24mb.

[ ] Starting Darktremor Apps2SD in --jit-- mode

[X] Invalid command: --jit--

[ ] Setting File System Ready property to 1.

#

this is the responce i get in every comand listed this and example of when type jit but overal all comands do the same (invalid comand)

any other way to fix?

Guest gusthy
I've been curious as to whether new ADW is indeed more RAM efficient than stock launcher but no one posts their process list with RAM usage ;) Something like this would be useful..

:huh:

If anyone needs an app to show processes and RAM usage, download OSMonitor from Market

Unfortunately this kind of memory riport is not really informative, since this shows only RSS, and RSS reports all shared memory to all processes. PSS and USS is more appropriate - you can determine it with smem, I described it somewhere in this topic.

Guest rulerofkaos
Second issue is a bit weird. Downloads from the market seem to fail several times before it downloads fully. My 3G looks okay and runs a speed test with 400kb/s speed and the signal strength is usually 3-4 bars. Any ideas?

I got the same issue, when I log in to Google Talk ist starts immediatly

Guest AntonioPT
$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

$su

# a2sd --jit--

[ ] Apps2SD is launching...

[ ] Starting Darktremor Apps2SD Version 2.7.5 RC2 2010-08-09

[ ] Checking for Dalvik Heap Size.

[ ] Setting Heap Size to 24mb.

[ ] Starting Darktremor Apps2SD in --jit-- mode

[X] Invalid command: --jit--

[ ] Setting File System Ready property to 1.

#

this is the responce i get in every comand listed this and example of when type jit but overal all comands do the same (invalid comand)

any other way to fix?

Sorry, I didn't explain myself well...

The -- was there just to separate the command from help from a2sd ;)

Use a2sd jit to do what you want. :huh:

Edited by AntonioPT