[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest twrock
Honestly, this is something I really don't know about. I don't think it's anything to do with the boot.img but the system itself.

I'm curious, so I'll go looking. It's interesting to me that the UK rom has a boatload of locales, including Chinese. But this build of FLB is based on the UK rom now, right?

Guest AntonioPT
Just upgraded from 1.0 to 1.5 and have noticed 2 issues.

First one is that the GPRS isn't working, although I have read about replacing the APN file info but have no idea to do so (help appreciated : D)

Second issue is a bit weird. Downloads from the market seem to fail several times before it downloads fully. My 3G looks okay and runs a speed test with 400kb/s speed and the signal strength is usually 3-4 bars. Any ideas?

I also suffer from the second issue :huh:

Guest Daz555
Second issue is a bit weird. Downloads from the market seem to fail several times before it downloads fully. My 3G looks okay and runs a speed test with 400kb/s speed and the signal strength is usually 3-4 bars. Any ideas?

I think that is a Google problem rather than any particular ROM. I have had on and off Market problems with every 1.5 and 2.1 ROM I've tried. The worse being when it went tits up completely and I had to change googlemail.com account to gmail.com.

Guest fredewis
Sorry, I didn't explain myself well...

The -- was there just to separate the command from help from a2sd :(

Use a2sd jit to do what you want. :huh:

ok seems to be working beter now lol thanks alot great help ;)

Guest waj1234

Is the sms bug fixed in the latest version? I cant send texts now. Not sure if it is 1.4 or 1.4.1 I have on though so wondering if I should go to 1.5?

Guest fredewis
Is the sms bug fixed in the latest version? I cant send texts now. Not sure if it is 1.4 or 1.4.1 I have on though so wondering if I should go to 1.5?

All roms posses this bug people are been trying to minimize it but the problem is there

Guest waj1234
All roms posses this bug people are been trying to minimize it but the problem is there

I could not send texts at all so went back to android 1.5 which is pants after the flb 2.1, so put a custom one on it based on the december update. Still dont like it lol. So may as well go back to this one until the sms bug is fixed.

APN=Access Point Names

Settings/Wireless and Networks/Mobile Networks/Access point Names

Right...

I didn't mean where can I find them in my phone, what I thought was where can I find the actual settings. Like should I go to T-Mobile to get the settings from them or something.

Tnx

Guest twrock
Honestly, this is something I really don't know about. I don't think it's anything to do with the boot.img but the system itself.

I might have found it, by accident. I went messing around in the local.prop to try to tweak FLB for the CHT8000. After changing mcc and mnc settings and reflashing the resulting rom, all of a sudden I only have the three language option the original CHT8000 had: English, Chinese traditional, and Chinese simplified. I'm not absolutely sure that's it, and until I'm done with anything else, I'm not going to take the time to verify my hypothesis.

Edit: So if this is how the list is controlled, then I guess one only needs to use the "universal" number/s and the whole long list will be back. I think the now-missing UK rom had a very extensive list. So maybe it was a "universal" rom that T-Mo didn't completely modify for the UK. Just guessing.

Edited by twrock

Is the non-wipe version a full rom or do I have to apply one of the other 1.5 rom after the non-wipe?

And if the non-wipe, what launcher does it have?

I'd like it to have ADW.

Another one with the store issue.

Can't donwload any app...

+1

But this isn't FLB-mod problem. The same thing happened when I decided to try the t-mob uk update.

Guest dino_mk
Another one with the store issue.

Can't donwload any app...

+1

But this isn't FLB-mod problem. The same thing happened when I decided to try the t-mob uk update.

Maybe it is FLB-mod problem if it is based on t-mob uk update. Until version 1.4 I have never had store problems.

Believe previous versions, for example FLB-mod 1.2 tre. was best working version for me, were based on Hungarian and TRE

updates.

I am thinking on going back to 1.2

Guest milinho

First of all, hi everyone !

I'm always watching this forum, but i never posted anything, this is my 1st post (sorry if my English is bad)

I have a few questions:

Does the Hungarian or TRE ROM have a SMS problem? I installed a UK 2.1. ROM, and FLB after that, and I was not satisfied with FLB because it has allways reloaded ADW every single time when I pressed home button (I'm curious is that fixed in FLB 1.5), so I went back to official UK update until I realized SMS problem with it. After all, I have installed MODACO Custom ROM 1.7 (Cupcake, not Eclair), but I would have a 2.1. because I need some applications. So, if I install a TRE or Hungarian ROM, then FLB after that, will I have SMS issue or not?

EDIT: Does a 2.1. recognize a WPA Enterprise encription?

Edited by milinho

Guest twrock
...I was not satisfied with FLB because it has allways reloaded ADW every single time when I pressed home button (I'm curious is that fixed in FLB 1.5)....

FLB 1.5 is listed as having ADW, so, yes, it will have ADW as the launcher. So yes, you will get ADW every time you push the home button. That is because ADW has been put into the ROM as a replacement for the stock/Canvas launcher. If you don't want ADW, you can replace it with something else.

Go back and read carefully the second post in this thread. There is a lot of options listed there including links to the stock Android launcher, LauncherPro, and even the Huawei launcher (http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/extras/HuaweiLauncher.zip). But you need to read up on how to install each of those by reading that post and going to the links for more information.

"Everything is possible."

Guest fredewis
FLB 1.5 is listed as having ADW, so, yes, it will have ADW as the launcher. So yes, you will get ADW every time you push the home button. That is because ADW has been put into the ROM as a replacement for the stock/Canvas launcher. If you don't want ADW, you can replace it with something else.

Go back and read carefully the second post in this thread. There is a lot of options listed there including links to the stock Android launcher, LauncherPro, and even the Huawei launcher (http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/extras/HuaweiLauncher.zip). But you need to read up on how to install each of those by reading that post and going to the links for more information.

"Everything is possible."

Hay mate i think wt he ment was when he goes to home it takes ages to reload his widgets making him wait for longer if I'm correct and all 2.1 rom seem to have the sms bug but flb been trying to reduce the chance of it happening

Guest twrock
Hay mate i think wt he ment was when he goes to home it takes ages to reload his widgets making him wait for longer if I'm correct and all 2.1 rom seem to have the sms bug but flb been trying to reduce the chance of it happening

LOL, I think you are right! :huh: I misunderstood.

milinho, sorry about that. If you meant that you aren't happy about ADW always reloading, then I will report that FLB 1.5 does quite well with this problem. Some of the reload problem is going to be there until Huawei fixes things. But I find FLB to be quite good in solving this problem (not perfect).