[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Totyasrác

Flib mate, I have a question :lol:

Okay, I came back to FLB v1.5 (to test swap of course :() and it is just... AMAZING!!! Thanks a lot for the tremendous efforts and excellent job you've been doin' for us.

Now I noticed that the gapps I've installed to Froyo test had a different GTalk client. No matter if I answer the chat from my PC or my phone - all of my writings were visible on the phone in Talk client!!! And I really miss this now :)

Do you think it is an easy fix let's say by installing gapps over the existing one? Or is that just suicide?

Again: thanks a lot for your job, mate! You're the MAN :)

Flib mate, I have a question :lol:

Okay, I came back to FLB v1.5 (to test swap of course :() and it is just... AMAZING!!! Thanks a lot for the tremendous efforts and excellent job you've been doin' for us.

Now I noticed that the gapps I've installed to Froyo test had a different GTalk client. No matter if I answer the chat from my PC or my phone - all of my writings were visible on the phone in Talk client!!! And I really miss this now :)

Do you think it is an easy fix let's say by installing gapps over the existing one? Or is that just suicide?

Again: thanks a lot for your job, mate! You're the MAN :)

Sadly the Gapps for Froyo won't work in 2.1 :(

Guest Totyasrác
Sadly the Gapps for Froyo won't work in 2.1 :(

Yup, that's what I was afraid of... So I'll have to wait until Froyo (FLB v2.0 :lol:) receives swap and/or compcache functionality :)

Cheers again!

Yup, that's what I was afraid of... So I'll have to wait until Froyo (FLB v2.0 :)) receives swap and/or compcache functionality :(

Cheers again!

It has :lol: In kernel source topic you find a swaping boot.img with or without a2sd.

If you can make a swap partition, I recommend the a2sd version.

Guest Totyasrác
It has :lol: In kernel source topic you find a swaping boot.img with or without a2sd.

If you can make a swap partition, I recommend the a2sd version.

I'll have to wait with that until tomorrow - I don't have time for this today. Also have to repartition my SD so that I can have swap partition...

Until that I am enjoying FLBv1.5 w/Swapper2 :(

Thanks anyways!

Guest igor_anta
Well it's still sort of true :lol:

Well the flashable kernel you uploaded yesterday works wonders! So my FLB 1.5 supports SWAP :) Amazing work yet again, hats off to you.

Guest craigb244
Well the flashable kernel you uploaded yesterday works wonders! So my FLB 1.5 supports SWAP :lol: Amazing work yet again, hats off to you.

yep been running that kernel since it was posted. no lost sms yet... early days tho.... fingers crossed

Guest Totyasrác

Weird issues...

Okay, today O've played around with Swapper2 app. Worked like a charm.

Now I've decided to repartitioned my SD. (Well, used gparted to steal 32MBs from the ext2 partition). It went well but then phone said bad SD... Okay, repartition with AmonRA). Then restored my FLBv1.5, then added today's zip to enable swap. After boot my Pulse became unrealisticly slow :lol: Checked with TerminalEmulator/a2sd_check (took 1-2 MINUTES to start!!!), and apparently cache is workin'.

I just don't get it. If I use a file for swap it's smooth. If a partition then it is slow as hell :)

Any clues?

Weird issues...

Okay, today O've played around with Swapper2 app. Worked like a charm.

Now I've decided to repartitioned my SD. (Well, used gparted to steal 32MBs from the ext2 partition). It went well but then phone said bad SD... Okay, repartition with AmonRA). Then restored my FLBv1.5, then added today's zip to enable swap. After boot my Pulse became unrealisticly slow :lol: Checked with TerminalEmulator/a2sd_check (took 1-2 MINUTES to start!!!), and apparently cache is workin'.

I just don't get it. If I use a file for swap it's smooth. If a partition then it is slow as hell :)

Any clues?

Try to steal that 32 MB from the FAT partition, not the ext2. I did so using GParted (with 64MB), it works well for me.

Edited by PI3.14

I just don't get it. If I use a file for swap it's smooth. If a partition then it is slow as hell :lol:

Swapper2 and A2SD both initialise and use the swap partition the same way. The only difference that I can see is that A2SD does not set the swappiness.

Swapper2 will set swappiness to 10 no matter if you are using a swapfile or swap partition.

A2SD doesn't have the facility to set swappiness that I can see.

Guest Totyasrác
Swapper2 and A2SD both initialise and use the swap partition the same way. The only difference that I can see is that A2SD does not set the swappiness.

Swapper2 will set swappiness to 10 no matter if you are using a swapfile or swap partition.

A2SD doesn't have the facility to set swappiness that I can see.

Flib mate... I am not sure about the swappiness stuff - but I had to deactivate swap from a2sd to get a usable phone :lol:

Incredibly slow - like having 25% of the RAM I used to before creating the swap partition (with AmonRA). After switching it off (a2sd noswap) it's usable again...

I'll try using Swapper2 and leave the partitioning as it is but leave a2sd swap alone for now :-o

Really don't get it.

I'm confused, you're talking like there's already a 2.1 with swap support? Or are you talking about 2.2?

See this thread

http://android.modaco.com/content-page/317...-last/page/300/

T-Mobile have released the source code for 2.1, and some very clever and generous people have been working on doing clever and cool things with it :lol:

(for test use only...)

Edited by Stevos

Flib mate... I am not sure about the swappiness stuff - but I had to deactivate swap from a2sd to get a usable phone :)

Incredibly slow - like having 25% of the RAM I used to before creating the swap partition (with AmonRA). After switching it off (a2sd noswap) it's usable again...

I'll try using Swapper2 and leave the partitioning as it is but leave a2sd swap alone for now :-o

Really don't get it.

Neither do I but... hey, people want swap on our low end phones. :lol:

Added the swap kernel to the first page. People running FLB 1.5 can install this kernel to have swap support. I've also uploaded FLB 1.6 which has the swap kernel built-in. No other differences between 1.5 and 1.6 apart from this kernel.

Warning: Darktremor A2SD 2.7.5 final is NOT working with FLB-Mod. The issue appears to be caused by code added to allow Darktremor A2SD to function on Cyanogenmod 6 ROMs. Please do not be tempted to update.

Guest Glycerin
Flib mate... I am not sure about the swappiness stuff - but I had to deactivate swap from a2sd to get a usable phone :lol:

Really don't get it.

It's the same problem by me... I partitioned my sd with amonra... 32MB swap...

Then the phone gets very slow... i looked at the terminal emulator with the command free and saw that the swap partition is full!?!?!?

Then i also switched it of by a2sd noswap... and installed swapper 2...

At swapper 2 i use my swap-partition (you can change this at settings)

Now the phone works like a charm... but with a2sd there is no chance...!

The other problem is that when i've used a2sd noswap i cannot acitvate it by a2sd swap (command not found). Maybe i've to update darktremor's a2sd?

Thank you flibble for your work! The phone works like a charm!

Regards,