[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O

1 hour 24min running and no force closes or other random problems. Issue was related to me trying to edit the framework-res.apk :)

Forgot to mention, also, that I've added a volume hack to the rom. It's Generation 7 v2r2 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=517745 and it does seem to work ;)

Also I fixed a2sd so it is correctly set up on boot. Originally it would work but didn't move /data/app files from the ROM to the SD card. Now it does this. Sometimes dalvik-cache isn't moved. To move this manually, follow the instructions at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=670087

BTW got the latest beta of Swype running on my phone and it's very very nice :(

Edited by flibblesan

Guest kankle123

Hey, really nice rom using it now, thank you.

How do I add the HTC live wallpaper I see you had in those screenshots on the first page?

Also when I load up contacts and try to import from sim card it says there is no contacts on sim card which is false, any advice?

Cheers.

Guest Simon O
Hey, really nice rom using it now, thank you.

How do I add the HTC live wallpaper I see you had in those screenshots on the first page?

Also when I load up contacts and try to import from sim card it says there is no contacts on sim card which is false, any advice?

Cheers.

Wasn't a live wallpaper, just a normal wallpaper I downloaded.

post-697226-1276721086_thumb.jpg

the SIM contacts issue is strange. I found that I could copy contacts to the SIM card and they displayed correctly, but unable to copy from the SIM card. So I rebooted the phone, and the SIM contacts now show and I can copy them to the phone. I can only assume the phone only reads the SIM card contacts once during boot.

post-697226-1276721790_thumb.png

Edited by flibblesan

Use titanium backup or linda app manager to backups apps.

Hmm, I am getting a bit confused by Titanium Backup.

When I go through the list of apps in Titanium backup, I see the apps I've downloaded and the system-apps, I only want to backup my apps (right?), how do I filter system apps?

Also, when I update to Beta4 and restore my apps, will I be able to see the apps in Android Market in the "Downloaded" section (where you can see if there's an update available)

Edited by Guest

Guest Simon O
Hmm, I am getting a bit confused by Titanium Backup.

When I go through the list of apps in Titanium backup, I see the apps I've downloaded and the system-apps, I only want to backup my apps (right?), how do I filter system apps?

Also, when I update to Beta4 and restore my apps, will I be able to see the apps in Android Market in the "Downloaded" section (where you can see if there's an update available)

I don't use Titanium Backup myself but the apps should certainly be showing in Android Market when there is an update available.

I don't use Titanium Backup myself but the apps should certainly be showing in Android Market when there is an update available.

So you just start over from scratch with all your apps? :S

Guest DanWilson

I don't think they will, it's just like installing an APK file, and I thought that installing apps that way, disabled updates, for one to a better word.

(I don't condone APK file installing of paid apps unless you bought it, no pirating here please!)

(Ignore my phone, I don't count! ;) )

Guest Simon O
So you just start over from scratch with all your apps? :S

No, I manually back them up to my PC using:

adb pull /data/app/
or to SD card using
adb shell cp -r /data/app/* /sdcard/backup

it only backs up apps though. No settings.

Guest Simon O
I don't think they will, it's just like installing an APK file, and I thought that installing apps that way, disabled updates, for one to a better word.

(I don't condone APK file installing of paid apps unless you bought it, no pirating here please!)

(Ignore my phone, I don't count! ;) )

Based on the 2 or 3 'pirated' apps I've installed, updates do appear in the market downloaded tab. Apps I downloaded from the web (LauncherPro, for example) show updates too.

If anybody is curious the apps were Weather & Toggle Widgets, Advanced Task Manager and Vignette. All 3 purchased from the Market now :(

Guest DanWilson
Based on the 2 or 3 'pirated' apps I've installed, updates do appear in the market downloaded tab. Apps I downloaded from the web (LauncherPro, for example) show updates too.

If anybody is curious the apps were Weather & Toggle Widgets, Advanced Task Manager and Vignette. All 3 purchased from the Market now ;)

They showed up with updates?!

Damn

where'd you get them?! I need that!!

<< No bad or illegal text here!

Guest darkdevil1

How serious is the dark-framework issue? I really like my dark framework so I should probably stick to beta 3 for now, or do you not intend on fixing it?

Or is it a problem caused by the framework and not your rom?

Guest Simon O
They showed up with updates?!

Damn

where'd you get them?! I need that!!

<< No bad or illegal text here!

Yes, the market showed me that updates are available but would not let me download them as I didn't buy the apps. But it proves that you can backup and install paid market apps fine.

Guest Simon O
How serious is the dark-framework issue? I really like my dark framework so I should probably stick to beta 3 for now, or do you not intend on fixing it?

Or is it a problem caused by the framework and not your rom?

Basically the messaging app displays white text on a white background for most of the buttons. Easiest way to fix this would be to recolour the buttons inside the apk. I've tried doing this myself but I'm not very good.

Guest kankle123

Thanks for the image ;)

I have rebooted my phone and it still wont say I have any contacts on the sim card :( how did you fix it exactly?

Also I have noticed some text which looks dodgy as if its having a drop shadow applied to it in the message conversation window at the top next to where the picture of the person I assume will go?

How do I enable Apps to SD? I have never enabled this before and this is my first time installing a custom rom.

Again great rom, thank you very much!

Guest tux880

i am getting a boot loop wen i flash it i wiped and flashed is there anything i need to do to SD card i have 512 ext rest fat.

im also comeing from beta 1

Cheers

Is there any good way to backup and restore your text messages?

I used one one app, but it messed up the message-threads by connecting the threads to the sim-contacts instead of the contacts on my google account.

This was bad because the contacts on my sim have weird names because my last phone did that to them and I don't care about changing them, and also, there can be no pictures on sim-contacts.

Guest Simon O
Thanks for the image ;)

I have rebooted my phone and it still wont say I have any contacts on the sim card :( how did you fix it exactly?

Also I have noticed some text which looks dodgy as if its having a drop shadow applied to it in the message conversation window at the top next to where the picture of the person I assume will go?

How do I enable Apps to SD? I have never enabled this before and this is my first time installing a custom rom.

Again great rom, thank you very much!

Ok, in contacts itself click the menu button then go to Manage Contacts. Select Memory status and make sure it's reading the number of contacts on your SIM correctly. Mine says 1 used, 229 free.

If you go to Copy from SIM card it should tell you no contacts can be shown, or something. Reboot the phone by holding down the power button, then turn it back on again. Enter contacts again and your SIM contacts should automatically be showing. At least they have done for me. You can also copy them to the phone or google contacts.

I've not noticed the dodgy looking text myself yet.

A2SD should automatically be switched on.

Guest Simon O
Is there any good way to backup and restore your text messages?

I used one one app, but it messed up the message-threads by connecting the threads to the sim-contacts instead of the contacts on my google account.

This was bad because the contacts on my sim have weird names because my last phone did that to them and I don't care about changing them, and also, there can be no pictures on sim-contacts.

I only know of an app that backs up SMS to gmail. Not an ideal solution really.

I only know of an app that backs up SMS to gmail. Not an ideal solution really.

Yeah, I've looked that up too.

But I just got an idea on what might have caused the issues when restoring.

Maybe google didn't finish syncing my contacts before I started to restore my sms-messages, because only some of them are messed up.

Well well, I'll se when i upgrade to beta 4.

How's it going with the SIM-contacs bug?

Guest Simon O
i am getting a boot loop wen i flash it i wiped and flashed is there anything i need to do to SD card i have 512 ext rest fat.

im also comeing from beta 1

Cheers

Wipe the ext partition as well as data and dalvik, then install again.

Guest kankle123
Ok, in contacts itself click the menu button then go to Manage Contacts. Select Memory status and make sure it's reading the number of contacts on your SIM correctly. Mine says 1 used, 229 free.

If you go to Copy from SIM card it should tell you no contacts can be shown, or something. Reboot the phone by holding down the power button, then turn it back on again. Enter contacts again and your SIM contacts should automatically be showing. At least they have done for me. You can also copy them to the phone or google contacts.

I've not noticed the dodgy looking text myself yet.

A2SD should automatically be switched on.

Says Sim: Used = 0 and Free = 0.... so seems something has gone wrong :'(

How do I tell if A2SD is on and when installing apps will they automatically be installed to the SD card?

Again I appreciate all your help!

Thank you!