[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

I meant i've no idea why I had a double post :lol:

lol

The website is under very high load.. Paul was doing a live stream from the HTC show in London and thousands of people came onto the site... it's still sluggish :)

anyway half way uploading the fixed rom. If you're on 1.5 with the new kernel then you won't need this.

Guest Fusion0306
I have FLB 1.5, is it enaugh if i install FLB 1.6, or should i wipe or do somthing other than creating a swap partition?

C'mon, dude. Read the second post...

This is basically 1.5 with the new kernel. If you are running 1.5 with the new kernel already then you don't need to update.

Changelog:

- New: Custom kernel with swap support. Either partition your SD to include a swap partition or use Swapper2 from the market to make a swapfile.

Guest David Horvath
C'mon, dude. Read the second post...

I dont think its straight. So if i have 1.5, than what? Can i update without any hack or not? Do i have the new kernel with the 1.5 mod?

-.- I'm not lame.

Edited by David Horvath

Guest David Horvath
:lol:

I dont think its straight. So if i have 1.5, than what? Can i update without any hack or not? Do i have the new kernel with the 1.5 mod? How can i install the new kernel?

-.- I'm not lame.

Guest Fusion0306
I dont think its straight. So if i have 1.5, than what? Can i update without any hack or not? Do i have the new kernel with the 1.5 mod? How can i install the new kernel?

-.- I'm not lame.

Listen, you should really go through the forum...

quote from flibb:

WiFi works

FLB 2.6.29 kernel test for A2SD users (and non-A2SD users)

Added: Swap, EXT3 support.

Compcache will come in the next update as soon as I figure it out :lol:

2.6.29-flb.zip for rom with A2SD installed

2.6.29-flb_noa2sd.zip for rom with no A2SD

The kernel will work with any custom 2.1 ROM based on the official T-Mobile UK ROM. This includes Community Custom ROM, FLB-MOD 1.5

The ZIP should be flashed through recovery. It is a replacement boot.img containing the new kernel and is rooted.

How to enable swap

If you have a swap partition on your SD card then Darktremor A2SD will automatically start swap on boot.

If you do not have a swap partition then you can either re-partition the SD card and add one (this will delete everything on the SD card) or use Swapper2 from the Android Market. It creates a swapfile on your SD card.

Please consider this kernel a test.

Guest primo007

-.- I'm not lame.

There's a flashable zip version of the swap-enabled kernel in the second post. You have to flash that in recovery.

Hi guys iv been away a while had a new toy to play with :lol: ,FLB im still hav'nt moved from your flb1.1 build yet still going strong but I am planning to jump to your 1.6 my question, is there a prefered swap size min/max?

I have followed the guides for installing the FLB-mod but each time I get the same error code.

E:Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 9:

symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

I have tried via the method in the Pulse Owner's Guide (making sure I had previously installed the official 2.1) and via Rom Manager. Both times I get the exact same message.

Any ideas from you smart people? I'm new to Android (I bet you couldn't tell :lol: ) and this is driving me nuts.

i was installed new kernel with swap support, and its working good

but i have one serious trouble - i can't create full nandroid backup in clockwork recovery after installing new kernel with swap

log:

Backing up recovery...

Backing up system...

Backing up data...

Backing up .android_secure...

Backing up cache...

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Could not mount sd-ext, sd-ext backup may not be supported on this device, Skipping backup of sd-ext.

Generating md5 sum...

when i returned to old kernel, backup creates successfully