[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest TelluricMax

when i boot my pulse every time, i open "task manager killer" i find many apps self-starting,such as twidroid,MSN talk, setting,and other apps.

i cancelled all the self-starting option in app setting , but it didnt work, how can i fix it? or solve it?

i flashed v1.6a via old recovery.

THX!

sorry i am newby on android

i have pulse with flb 1.5

howto can i backup my seetings and contacts in fon before i update to 1.6

thanks for answer

Download My Backup Pro ( Or Free Version )

Then choose what you want to backup, then put it on your computer, then when installed 1.6, move them from computer to the SD card, download My backup again and restore them.

i've heard about MyBackupPro (trial) it seems to have some problems on some devices (never tried on Pulse)

Ive flashed my pulse more times then i can remember, and it's never failed for me. Thats why i would reccomend it.

Ive flashed my pulse more times then i can remember, and it's never failed for me. Thats why i would reccomend it.

do you know if this program save all apps installed?

thx :lol:

Hi,

I flash my phone today, with this "stable" version. I means 2.1 version not Froyo. Then... after 5 minutes the phone is running one popup is displaying on the Screen and the message is "com.android.phone" doesn't respond (the message is in spanish) and two buttons "force close" or "waiting". If I click "force close" after 2 minutes the dialog comes other time. The I don't have phone, don't respond and anybody can't call me.

Can you tell me how I can solve the problem? (I come from version FLB-1.5).

Thank you!

I.m running FLB v1.1 and right now I can't quite be bothered to wipe my phone and upgrade to v1.6 - I just ain't got time to sit down at the computer for more than 5 mins at the moment! However, can I just patch with the latest swap supporting kernel or will I have issues? I'd just like to play with swap.

Edited by Daz555

Guest Totyasrác
I.m running FLB v1.1 and right now I can't quite be bothered to wipe my phone and upgrade to v1.6 - I just ain't got time to sit down at the computer for more than 5 mins at the moment! However, can I just patch with the latest swap supporting kernel or will I have issues? I'd just like to play with swap.

To "play with swap" will take you definitely more than 5 minutes, dude. Just think about it: need to repartition your SD and configure apps2sd or download-install-configure Swapper2. But as before all changes you SHOULD really do a BACKUP. Either one takes more than 5 minutes...

I can't even predict what's gonna happen if you just flashed the kernel to support swap (FLBv1.1 is NOT based on UK ROM and as flib mate said it should not be flashed otherwise).

So just wait until you have some more time, install v1.6 and take your time - it's worth it. Rushing things is NOT a good idea!

Edited by Totyasrác

when i boot my pulse every time, i open "task manager killer" i find many apps self-starting,such as twidroid,MSN talk, setting,and other apps.

+1

this mod makes my pulse fly high.... but booting gets on my nerves. my pulse doesn 't respond for minutes, many "wait-acores"..... :lol: .... but finally advanced task manager kills around 20 apps and it 's time to fly again. :)

i wouldn really care that much about that, as i usually reboot only once week, but the sms-issue circles around while booting!! what could be the reason for that bevaviour? didn't experience that with 1.0, 1.2 and 1.5.

Edited by emvau

Guest fredewis

hay i seem to have a problem with my bluetooth it seems to find devices then it says devices are paired ,trusted but not linked and when tryed sendind anything to each other it fails.......any help?

Edited by fredewis

I installed flb mod 1.6a today. It worked realy fast and stable with swap and jit enabled, so i wanted to do a nandroid backup. At the end of backup it couldn't mount sd ext partition (which is 512Mb ext3) and failed this part. After reboot the luncher was loading when it suddenly rebooted. Then every time after boot it freezed and rebooted.

I had the same issue when I tried out swap with flb 1.5(without jit), but i thought it's becouse that was a test kernel.

Currently it's working after i wiped dvalik cache.

Do i made something wrong?

Is it caused by clocworck recovery?

btw thanks for the great roms fibble

one more thing: how can i check if jit is working?

Guest der_peter

hi, i have big problems with version v1.6a - on v1.5 all works fine. i wiped (+ext + dalvik), formated with 32mb swap, 512mb a2sd and remaining partition and then i flashed v1.6a. after reboot all apps self-starting (same problem as TelluricMax and emvau) but for me the "task killer" solution doesnt work. i have reboots, apps coming again self-starting and after a few time using my pulse, the performance dropped badly! once someone has tried to call me but the phone responds so slowly that the call go lost. a reflash doesnt help so i went back to version 1.5!

do i something wrong?

Edited by der_peter

Use MoreLocale to select this.

Fibblesan, any specific reason why you don't enable more languages "natively" in local.prop? You could then just drop MoreLocales from your rom and not get the continued questions. But maybe there's something I'm missing about why that's not good.

I get often ADW launcher restarts when exiting programs to home screen. Also Ebuddy will often disconnect or quit when running in the background, very often if I use the browser. Did not have this problem with Vanilla 2.1. Also my data connection doesn't work anymore. I have not touched the APNs. Anybody experiencing this with 1.5? Is this better in 1.6?

at the moment i run FLB 1.6a with no problems. runs fast and smooth. no more popups. apps installed for around 150MB.

Linpack is 3,2-3,4 differs each run.

Config:

6,7GB Fat, 512MB ext2 for Apps, 512Mb swap partion. (not exactly.. i leave 100MB spare so SD Card can move defect blocks easier)

Jit enabled via a2sd

swap enabled via a2sd

dalvik on internal. (think its better because swap accessing SD permanently)

i did a complete wipe!

and installed theme from http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile...ady-15-09-2010/

even if i used only a few apps. swap is used up to 150MB! but not more yet.

but runs like hell :lol:

need bigger battery!

Edited by curl66

so i've been rocking on the 1,1 update till now and today decided to go to the 1,5/6 but when i try to flash either of the roms it says

E:Failure at line 5:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

Instalation aborted.

any idea what i have to do ?

hi, i have big problems with version v1.6a - on v1.5 all works fine. i wiped (+ext + dalvik), formated with 32mb swap, 512mb a2sd and remaining partition and then i flashed v1.6a. after reboot all apps self-starting (same problem as TelluricMax and emvau) but for me the "task killer" solution doesnt work. i have reboots, apps coming again self-starting and after a few time using my pulse, the performance dropped badly! once someone has tried to call me but the phone responds so slowly that the call go lost. a reflash doesnt help so i went back to version 1.5!

do i something wrong?

Try in terminal:

su

a2sd lowmem-optimum

reboot

Guest fredewis
so i've been rocking on the 1,1 update till now and today decided to go to the 1,5/6 but when i try to flash either of the roms it says
E:Failure at line 5:

copy_dir PACKAGE:data DATA:

Instalation aborted.

any idea what i have to do ?

wel have you wiped delvick cache?

is delvick cache in internal memory ?

after deleting delvick cache and moving it to internal memory it worked fine.

wel have you wiped delvick cache?

is delvick cache in internal memory ?

after deleting delvick cache and moving it to internal memory it worked fine.

well i did wipe everything but i haven't moved it to internal. I will try now (if i find out how to do it :lol: )

may be i found some bug.

If I switch to 2G to save battery somtimes network errors occur in market. also Fancy Widget shows wrong city. says i am 250km away.

turn 3G on and Fancy widget shows correct place.

somebody else ?

Fibblesan, any specific reason why you don't enable more languages "natively" in local.prop? You could then just drop MoreLocales from your rom and not get the continued questions. But maybe there's something I'm missing about why that's not good.

Because I don't know how to

Guest fredewis
well i did wipe everything but i haven't moved it to internal. I will try now (if i find out how to do it :lol: )

lol keep me posted n wel if u go into terminal and type

su

a2sd nocache

Edited by fredewis