[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest der_peter

as i said i restore to 1.5 but now iam wondering that my root rights are turned off ... and (re-) superboot brings me into bootloop ... wtf is goin on here? why does the 1.6a - 1.5 restore takes my su permissions?

Edited by der_peter

Guest fredewis
as i said i restore to 1.5 but now iam wondering that my root rights are turned off ... and (re-) superboot brings me into bootloop ... wtf is goin on here? why does the 1.6a - 1.5 restore takes my su permissions?

try flashing this in recovery su_2.3.2.1_ef_signed.zip then see if u get su back ...... both zip are same flash 1 only

su_2.3.2.1_ef_signed.zip

Edited by fredewis

Because I don't know how to

Sorry, I assumed you had a specific reason. Give this a try and see if it to your liking.

In local.prop, the mcc and mnc settings seem to control this.

So, in the original UK2.1 rom (as evidenced in the CCR mod you made; I assume you did nothing to change that) the settings were:

ro.config.mcc=-1

ro.config.mnc=-1

(Which, by the way, was one of the evidences for why I believe T-Mobile UK actually released an unfinished rom.)

I don't know what -1 does, but for the TWeak 0.3 (Tre2.1) rom I modded, I settled on this:

ro.config.mcc=000

ro.config.mnc=00

#bt cust info start: 

#

#ro.config.bt_onoff=on/off	 on:bt is turn on by default; off: bt is shutdown by default

#ro.config.bt_name=CustName	CustName is the name decided by operator's MCC/MNC,   

#ro.config.bt_discover=always/ hidden / forseconds   always: bt is discoverable forever; hidden: bt is discoverable never; forseconds: bt is discoverable for 120 seconds

#

ro.config.bt_onoff=off

ro.config.bt_name=CHT8000

In the comments, you can see that changing those settings will affect ro.config.bt_name, so you do need to notice that. And in my example above, I've changed it to "CHT8000" instead of CustName. (I don't know what the CustName would be for zeros in the mcc and mnc; I never tried it.)

But, as always, I do not claim to know what else in the system this might affect. I do know that I have been using TWeak 0.3 for quite a while now, and I have no evidence that it has had any other affect than producing a huge list of available locales in the settings menu and that it will affect the device Bluetooth name.

Edit: while I have you on the line, please let me ask another question. Did you do anything you know of to modify the cell radio settings (3g/2g/anything else that would affect the cell radio) in FLB? I'm still stumped by the bug that shows I am connected, but I can receive or make calls. I know I have the problem using FLB, and I'd like to try to figure it out (and I think I've had it using UK2.1CCR, but I'm not sure of that). I guess I need to have a look at your logcat post and start reading up on that and learn how to make use of it.

Edited by twrock

Uploaded a small update to add swappiness to a2sd and fix local.prop to enable all supported locales. Also uploaded a full rom with these fixes if you need them.

FLB still gives a warning during the setup (still can't figure it out) but click wait and all will be fine.

Goodmorning,

i will put 1.6b to my phone,

i want to ask something,

i have 2gb sd , at recovery menu i will make 32mb swap and 512mb partition for app2sd use.

i have to do ext2 or ext3 partition?

the phone will be run ok?

i have to move dalvik to sd or no to run better?

thanks

Goodmorning,

i will put 1.6b to my phone,

i want to ask something,

i have 2gb sd , at recovery menu i will make 32mb swap and 512mb partition for app2sd use.

i have to do ext2 or ext3 partition?

the phone will be run ok?

i have to move dalvik to sd or no to run better?

thanks

Yes you need an ext2 partition. Only move dalvik cache to the SD if you are sure you have a Class 6 SD card.

Guest swatcheez

If I want to update from 1.5 to 1.6 final (ie new kernel and swap), does it require a wipe?

If so, how do I not lose everything.

Does the clockwork recovery allow me to back up everything? - is that what it means by the backup my rom option?

Also, then, once I have updated it, do I repartition the SD to give a swap particiton (I have a class 4 card) or do I use swapper?

I know all this have been asked before, but I can't find a nice straight answer...

If I want to update from 1.5 to 1.6 final (ie new kernel and swap), does it require a wipe?

If so, how do I not lose everything.

Does the clockwork recovery allow me to back up everything? - is that what it means by the backup my rom option?

Also, then, once I have updated it, do I repartition the SD to give a swap particiton (I have a class 4 card) or do I use swapper?

I know all this have been asked before, but I can't find a nice straight answer...

Yes you need to wipe. If you want to partition your SD card to add a swap partition then you must do this before you install the ROM. You can do this using ROM Manager but make sure you have copied any files you want to keep to your computer as everything on the SD will be removed. If you don't want to do this then you'll have to use swapper2 if you want swap.

To update you need to open ROM Manager and use the option "Install ROM from SD Card". Select the zip and it will give you two options. One to wipe the phone, one to backup the current rom. You need to check both. This will then reboot into recovery, make a full backup of your phone, wipes, then installs the rom.

If you want to roll back you can do this easily in ROM Manager.

Guest swatcheez
Yes you need to wipe. If you want to partition your SD card to add a swap partition then you must do this before you install the ROM. You can do this using ROM Manager but make sure you have copied any files you want to keep to your computer as everything on the SD will be removed. If you don't want to do this then you'll have to use swapper2 if you want swap.

To update you need to open ROM Manager and use the option "Install ROM from SD Card". Select the zip and it will give you two options. One to wipe the phone, one to backup the current rom. You need to check both. This will then reboot into recovery, make a full backup of your phone, wipes, then installs the rom.

If you want to roll back you can do this easily in ROM Manager.

So if I wanted to keep things like texts, I would have to get something like titanuim backup?

So if I wanted to keep things like texts, I would have to get something like titanuim backup?

Market has quite a few SMS backup apps but I seem to recall that MyBackup does it all so try that one.

I built my "own" v1.6b with Swap-Kernel, ADW and settings swapiness by flashing separately through recovery. No wipe from v1.4 was required.

Good stuff. The only reason I suggest a wipe is that some people in the past have experienced errors when trying to install the ZIP without a wipe. Usually the error is when it tries to write to /data

Which a2sd memory settings are applied in v1.6b? a2sd lowmem-default? Which values do you recommend? Are you recommend to use AutoKiller or a2sd memory settings?

No memory settings are applied by default. See how you get on without them and if you need some then play with the a2sd settings. lowmem-moderate would be a good setting to use.

I just wiped everything, then installed 1.6b, but when I try to sign into the Market with my account, it says there's no data connection, when I'm clearly on 3G as it says in the notification bar. What's up with this? :s

I just wiped everything, then installed 1.6b, but when I try to sign into the Market with my account, it says there's no data connection, when I'm clearly on 3G as it says in the notification bar. What's up with this? :s

Disable the data connection in Settings > Network then enable it again. Does that fix it?

Check the APN settings are correct for your network provider.

I checked them and they're correct. Even entered them again to be sure. I'll just go back to v1.5, nevermind.