[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Gigahurtz
Why do you think so?

btw, san francisco phone is not an as much widespread phone as pulse/u82x0

Im just a big fan of the phone after my awful 5800 XM!!! So dont want what is a great phone and community suffer because of another phone but FLB will live on.

Ive just reflashed from 1.2 tre to the latest 1.6 FLB mod and have installed Root Explorer. However when I run the app I get the following message:

"Restart App. Root Explorer has not yet managed to obtain root access. Because of issues with Superuser this often happens the first time the app is run but is usually fine from then on"

Needless to say, Ive tried this a number of times and rebooted the phone, but to no avail !

Any ideas please ?

Thanks.

hello

a little intelligence, I should have a 2g card when I look at the properties tells me my pc took 980mo 600 and 330 empty or are 2G but when I look at my like I just can not find my card, I trex'm not very good but endow

I'm very flb 2.1 1.5

Guest lacarulez

Hi flibblesan!

First of all, thanks for your great work, but I found some minor errors:

From last the change log:

- Fixed: local.prop changed to enable all locales without using an external applications

This setting makes my phone in Market to show the apps in many languages (like "Facebook for android, Facebook für android, etc.")

The second thing is that I have to replace my camera sound after every update, because you changed it to a smaller/shorter one, and this sounds like a crash sound, not a camera click sound. If you can, please replace it with the old one (29KB).

The third thing is related to Rom Manager/Clockwork Recovery. When I do a new partitioning with Rom Manager to create swap and a2sd ext partition, it creates it but after a restart the system can't use the newly created a2sd ext partition because the Rom Manager creates EXT3 instead of EXT2... You can check it if you enter in recovery and try to wipe data/cache. The system can't erase sd-ext because it isn't able to mount it.

The last thing :lol: , that when I check my swap in the terminal with a2sd, it writes in the swapon section that my swap can't be activated, because "device or resource busy".

Does it work even though?

From time to time I have got the following, very annoying problem:

My pulse was unused for a longer while, when I switch on the display it shows me, the PIN-Screen.

I don't know if it rebooted itself or if just the "phone-part" was restarted.

When I enter my pin then and try to use the phone (3g data connection), I get a lot of FCs (phone & acore). If I press "wait" on this messages, the phone freezes sometimes. A reboot does NOT help.

Is this a known issue? and what to do against it?

I use FLB 1.6 with Swapper2 (32MB). But I had these issue with older FLB-versions too

Hi flibblesan!

First of all, thanks for your great work, but I found some minor errors:

From last the change log:

This setting makes my phone in Market to show the apps in many languages (like "Facebook for android, Facebook für android, etc.")

The second thing is that I have to replace my camera sound after every update, because you changed it to a smaller/shorter one, and this sounds like a crash sound, not a camera click sound. If you can, please replace it with the old one (29KB).

The third thing is related to Rom Manager/Clockwork Recovery. When I do a new partitioning with Rom Manager to create swap and a2sd ext partition, it creates it but after a restart the system can't use the newly created a2sd ext partition because the Rom Manager creates EXT3 instead of EXT2... You can check it if you enter in recovery and try to wipe data/cache. The system can't erase sd-ext because it isn't able to mount it.

The last thing :lol: , that when I check my swap in the terminal with a2sd, it writes in the swapon section that my swap can't be activated, because "device or resource busy".

Does it work even though?

Thanks for the report. Looks like the change I made did make Android show all languages. I'll set this to UK and it should still show all over locales like the older FLB versions.

I'll look for the camera sound and get that replaced too.

That is a weird error with A2SD as I've not had any issues in the past. Have you updated A2SD at any point? What version of FLB are you using?

From time to time I have got the following, very annoying problem:

My pulse was unused for a longer while, when I switch on the display it shows me, the PIN-Screen.

I don't know if it rebooted itself or if just the "phone-part" was restarted.

When I enter my pin then and try to use the phone (3g data connection), I get a lot of FCs (phone & acore). If I press "wait" on this messages, the phone freezes sometimes. A reboot does NOT help.

Is this a known issue? and what to do against it?

I use FLB 1.6 with Swapper2 (32MB). But I had these issue with older FLB-versions too

It's not a problem I've heard about but I would have to know from other users that have the pin set up to know if it's an issue for them or not.

Guest AntonioPT
Just wondering how come we can't use ext3/ext4 in 2.1 roms but we could in 1.5 roms?

I read somewhere that ext3/4 has no advantages over ext2 in this case of usage (a2sd). If you're using dalvik on sd, then I think that it can have an advantage, but if you're using only a2sd (cache on internal memory) then I think there's no advantages...

Someone correct me if I'm wrong :lol:

Any chance you can upload a Vanilla Framework for 1.6?

Or perhaps just tell us what needs changing to get a Vanilla Framework so we can do it ourselves manually from now on?

Thanks

Bump?

I have installed VanillaFramework1.5-signed.zip over FLB-mod1.6b and it 'seems' to be looking and working ok with the exception that menu/settings/About Phone/ Build Number says 'FLB-Mod 1.5'

would the only difference for VanillaFramework1.6-signed.zip be to change this bit of text info, or is there more to it than that? Presumably editing build.prop and changing ro.build.display.id=FLB-Mod 1.5 to ro.build.display.id=FLB-Mod 1.6 would achieve this?

Also need to know how to set permissions so build.prop can be overwritten with updated version

Thanks

Edited by ringer

Guest lacarulez
That is a weird error with A2SD as I've not had any issues in the past. Have you updated A2SD at any point? What version of FLB are you using?

I have this problem since FLB1.5, that was the first FLB rom I have used on my phone.

It was updated to UK 2.1 (from HU 2.1) before I flashed your rom.

Last time I have had to do a complete SD repartitioning (recreating FAT,EXT,SWAP) under Ubuntu, because under Clockwork recovery it wasn't possible.

I have FLB 1.6b at the moment.

Edit: Oh and thanks for the corrections! :lol:

Edited by lacarulez

Guest InstantWater

Just a quick question. I have seen this video

It says I will be able to move my apps to SD on 2.2. So if I flash FLB2 to my Pulse, I won't have to use App2SD, because OS supports it natively?

Thanks.

Just a quick question. I have seen this video
It says I will be able to move my apps to SD on 2.2. So if I flash FLB2 to my Pulse, I won't have to use App2SD, because OS supports it natively?

Thanks.

For now the Pulse Froyo doesn't support this new App2SD method.

Just wondering how come we can't use ext3/ext4 in 2.1 roms but we could in 1.5 roms?

Not sure. However, as journaling file systems do not make much sense on SD cards etc I would still select ext2 regardless.

For now the Pulse Froyo doesn't support this new App2SD method.

I am not sure why we would bother with this. A2SD is a much better than the native Froyo A2SD, and Froyoa2sd is only supported by a few apps anyway.

Guest AntonioPT
Hi, is it posible to updete from FLB-mod 1.2 to 1.6b ?

thks

v1.6b - 20th September 2010 Latest Release

Users of FLB-Mod 1.6 use the small update. All other users must use the full update.

Yes, you can upgrade from 1.2 to 1.6b, but you will have to wipe before flashing the zip.

Guest AntonioPT
Thanks flibblesan & thisweb.

Which recovery software do you prefer? AmonRa or ClockWork? Thanks.

I think Clockwork is better, because it has integration with ROM Manager and the zips don't have to be signed in order to be flashed.

Guest AntonioPT
I am not sure why we would bother with this. A2SD is a much better than the native Froyo A2SD, and Froyoa2sd is only supported by a few apps anyway.

I couldn't agree more! :lol: