[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

In the process of installing FLB 1.6b. I started off using Clockwork recovery and realised you can't partition SD card so I switched to amon instead.

Just booting up now :lol:

Guest Richard_Arkless

If anyone wants to overclock their pulse then bigbear was kind enough to enable this and made some other changes (That im unsure about but its not multitouch) to fibble's UK kernel and fibble compiled it for us

All I did was download the kernel and put it into a flashable zip for all you lazy and novice users

here it is https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8f5bj4zjtx3oy4y/up...e-signed.zip?dl

flash in the custom recovery, get setcpu from somewhere and install it, then under device selection make sure you click to automatically detect cpu speeds (dont choose the tmobile pulse preset as it will only show upto 520 as max), then bump it up to 760mhz

Great work fibble (hope to see it in your next version of flb) and bigbear

Opening of apps is a lot faster but ram is still a problem but ive enabled swap and thats fixed that problem :lol:

Oh and heres big bear's to do list which I found over at the multitouch thread

Okay, my ToDo list for tomorrow:
  1. Undervolt the kernel
  2. add minmax governor
  3. modify the kernel config and acpuclock to be able to disable clocks higher than 528MHz
  4. Set 528MHz as default clock
Anything I missed?
Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest fredewis
If anyone wants to overclock their pulse then bigbear was kind enough to enable this and made some other changes (That im unsure about but its not multitouch) to fibble's UK kernel and fibble compiled it for us

All I did was download the kernel and put it into a flashable zip for all you lazy and novice users

here it is https://dl.dropbox.com/s/8f5bj4zjtx3oy4y/up...e-signed.zip?dl

flash in the custom recovery, get setcpu from somewhere and install it, then under device selection make sure you click to automatically detect cpu speeds (dont choose the tmobile pulse preset as it will only show upto 520 as max), then bump it up to 760mhz

Great work fibble (hope to see it in your next version of flb) and bigbear

Opening of apps is a lot faster but ram is still a problem but ive enabled swap and thats fixed that problem :lol:

Oh and heres big bear's to do list which I found over at the multitouch thread

thanks mate for great help one little question the bar was automatically to 760 but the one under isent do i needt to set it up aswel ?

Guest Richard_Arkless
thanks mate for great help one little question the bar was automatically to 760 but the one under isent do i needt to set it up aswel ?

Sometimes you have to change the top sometimes you don't

No don't change the bottom to 760 because when you got the CPU governor set to on-demand the CPU speed will change to anything between the min and max based on what you are doing so leave it on 120

If you want it to constantly be 760 then change the governor to performance but expect the battery life to be shorter

Guest InstantWater
In the process of installing FLB 1.6b. I started off using Clockwork recovery and realised you can't partition SD card so I switched to amon instead.

Just booting up now :lol:

Okay, so AmonRa is better than ClockWork, BUT which is recommended if I partition my SD card with ubuntu? Or I must partition it with Pulse?

If I'll install one of these recovery softwares that overwrite the original huawei recovery software, but will it make anything effect on warranty? Because I dont want to lose more than 1 year warranty.

Thanks.

Edited by InstantWater

Guest AntonioPT
Okay, so AmonRa is better than ClockWork, BUT which is recommended if I partition my SD card with ubuntu? Or I must partition it with Pulse?

If I'll install one of these recovery softwares that overwrite the original huawei recovery software, but will it make anything effect on warranty? Because I dont want to lose more than 1 year warranty.

Thanks.

Actually, IMHO, Clockwork is waay better than AmonRa :lol:

I partitioned my SD card on Ubuntu, it was very easy...

You can use the time machine hack provided by Huawei to revert to a official update (UK 2.1, December update, Tre 2.1, ...)

Guest totiadrenalin

Thanks.

Sometimes the SetCpu doesn't work. forced stop.

What's the reason?

Guest InstantWater

You can use the time machine hack provided by Huawei to revert to a official update (UK 2.1, December update, Tre 2.1, ...)

Thanks. So I'll install clockwork, but can you give me an URL to download it WITH Rom Manager?

I've found a site http://www.clockworkmod.com/ but there is only QR code, and I don't have QR reader.

Edited by InstantWater

Guest AntonioPT
Thanks. So I'll install clockwork, but can you give me an URL to download it WITH Rom Manager?

If you install ROM Manager through the market (or if you already have it installed) you have the option to install Clockwork recovery, right from ROM manager.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi im thinking of enabling JIT as I got overclocking and swap enabled, has anyone done this and how stable is it?

I know that it was unstable back when we didnt have overclocking and swap but has it got better at all with these

oh and does the phone feel faster at all?

Oh and what do I need to do to enable JIT

Guest alek_jov

I would like to ask for some guide or help for dummies how to install a2sd and swap but if possible step by step, i read the guide but it's confusing for me. Please help anyone

Guest DanWilson
Hi im thinking of enabling JIT as I got overclocking and swap enabled, has anyone done this and how stable is it?

I know that it was unstable back when we didnt have overclocking and swap but has it got better at all with these

oh and does the phone feel faster at all?

Oh and what do I need to do to enable JIT

Yah, the Pulse feels faster.

To enable JIT, use Root Explorer or whatever and edit your build.prop (/system). Near the end there is a line that ends in :fast, replace :fast with :jit . Done

I would like to ask for some guide or help for dummies how to install a2sd and swap but if possible step by step, i read the guide but it's confusing for me. Please help anyone

A2SD:

You must repair "Davlik Cache" every time you reboot your phone Only present on 1.5 roms

What you will need:

• A Pulse
    A Micro SD Card (Recommended to have at least 1gb free space)
    A Micro USB Cable or An Micro SD Card Reader

A Word of Caution

A2SD will allow you to install apps directly onto your SD card giving you near unlimited app capacity. However it is NOT recommended for the average user.

SWAP, in layman's terms, uses a small portion of your SD card as RAM. This is highly recommend for everyone using the latest FLB Mods!

Installing A2SD / SWAP WILL WIPE YOUR SD CARD

Also please refer to the previous warning:

You can install A2SD without SWAP and SWAP without A2SD. If your SD card is below a "Class 4" then it is highly recommended that you install SWAP without A2SD.

The Guide

Step 1: Return to the Main menu in the Custom recovery Image and select "Toggle USB MS Storage". Plug in your Phone

Step 2: Back up everything you wish to keep

Step 3: Format your SD card via your computer (FAT/32)

Step 4: Return to the Main menu in the Custom recovery Image and select "Partition SD Card"

- set "Swap size" to "xyz" (Use the trackball / Vol up, down)

32mb will return your phone to it's former glory, allowing some multitasking and removing the SmS bug. (Recommended for class 2 cards)

64mb is plenty! You will experience slow-downs if you choose more. (Recommended for Class 2 cards without A2SD and Class 4 / 6 cards with A2SD)

128mb you will be able to multitask and every app will stay in RAM (Recommended for Class 6 cards without A2SD)

- set "ext2" size to xyz mb (Use the trackball / Vol up, down)

512mb is a decent amount. However that is more than half your cards space if you only have a 1gb card

You will need and EXT2 partition even if you do not want to use A2SD!

Step 5: Return to the Main menu in the Custom recovery Image. Select "Reboot" and wait about 5mins for first boot.

Optional, Step 6: After fully booted, Launch the "Terminal Emulator" app.

If you wish to disable A2SD

Optional, Step 7: Type:

If you wish to disable A2SD

su (Press the return key)

Grant Superuser Permissions

a2sd remove (press the return key)

Wait for it to complete then reboot

Optional, Step 8:

To speed-up SWAP

Launch the "Terminal Emulator" app again and type:

su (Press the return key)

a2sd lowmem-moderate (Press the return key)

This is no longer required when using A2SD Swap with FLB mod 1.6b. However it will still provide a small speed increase at the cost of 1/2 less apps being kept in-ram

Wait for it to complete

SWAP can lag your phone. This is very noticeable on the first ever boot with SWAP enabled. Don't rush to disable it, give it a chance

In the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide.

Seriously, I mean, no offence, but people should really read.

Edited by DanWilson

If meinnit is saying Amon-ra is better IMO il agree, I restored my recovery back to amon-ra before flashing flb-1.6full, coming from the test froyo rom, I wiped everything partitioned created swap and ext2 mounted sd copyed zip unmounted flashed rom done, all from recovery no toing and foing between clockwork and rom manager apps.

but I guess everyone to there own B)

I chose Amon because I could partition my SD card within recovery. I wasn't really confident that swap and A2SD would work if I partitioned manually especially if I did it after installing the ROM.

Guest smudgeroo
Has anyone managed to get a2sd 2.7.5.1 working with 1.6b? I can't get past the Android boot screen...

Flibsir, I noticed in another thread that:

Yeah. It was something I've done that prevented it working. I've completely redone the boot image and DT 2.7.5.1 works fine now.

Does that mean that 2.7.5.1 deffo won't work with 1.6b? Thanks!

Guest InstantWater
I chose Amon because I could partition my SD card within recovery. I wasn't really confident that swap and A2SD would work if I partitioned manually especially if I did it after installing the ROM.

Can't Clockwork format the SD card?

Guest lacarulez
Can't Clockwork format the SD card?

With Clockwork Recovery you can't make partitions on the SD card, only from Rom Manager which is a "front-end" for Clockwork, but it makes EXT3 partition instead of EXT2, which isn't good for a2sd.

With Clockwork Recovery you can't make partitions on the SD card, only from Rom Manager which is a "front-end" for Clockwork, but it makes EXT3 partition instead of EXT2, which isn't good for a2sd.

I'm using EXT3 partitions, no problems with A2SD...

Guest InstantWater

Wehehe 3 different hungarian ×D

Okay, I'm totally confused :lol:

BTW should I use SWAP or not?

Okay, I'll partition my card with ubuntu. But could you tell me the partiton sizes? (SWAP/ext/FAT)

Thanks

Edited by InstantWater

Is a2sd automatic on boot or do I have to enable it from terminal, I remember doing it from terminal on one of these roms but cant remember the code something like (a2sd cachesd) can someone enlighten me :lol:

Theres also a link to a thread I think its xda site with terminal codes can someone please post the link I cant find it.