[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest fredewis
Just follow the first 5 steps of the mentioned post. No more. And you have a working amonra on your phone instead of clockwork.

ok my bad ma phone was opening the link differently so couldnt see it properly.

i dont want to partition it i just want amonrar recovery how do i get it back

I just happened to still have the files for Amom-ra recovery on my PC, find a link and download the zip file containing Amon-ra recovery unzip on your desktop, put your phone in bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via USB, now on your PC in the unziped Amon-ra folder should have a file called (install-recovery-windows) CLICK on that which will bring up your command prompt and it will flash the recovery NOTE: It does this fast.

Sorry didn’t realize your question was already answered Fredwis. :lol:

Edited by twics

Guest fredewis
I just happened to still have the files for Amom-ra recovery on my PC, find a link and download the zip file containing Amon-ra recovery unzip on your desktop, put your phone in bootloader mode and connect it to your PC via USB, now on your PC in the unziped Amon-ra folder should have a file called (install-recovery-windows) CLICK on that which will bring up your command prompt and it will flash the recovery NOTE: It does this fast.

Sorry didn’t realize your question was already answered Fredwis. :lol:

thankx anyways mate apreciate it

Guest alek_jov
Yah, the Pulse feels faster.

In the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide.

Seriously, I mean, no offence, but people should really read.

I read all that but in some places it's a little bit confusing for me, probably because I'm new in Android and can't figure out some parts of the guide, I have it also printed out.

My question is will I have swap and a2sd running if I follow that guide and manage to do what is explained there. Regards and sorry for my "stupid" questions. regards

Edited by alek_jov

Anybody help!!

Since version 1.6 of FLBMod I can't mount sd-ext partition in clockwork recovery.

When I choose in recovery Partitions Menu - Mount /sd-ext it says me:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting SDEXT:!

With this error I can't create full nandroid backup! And I think it's a serious problem because all programs installed in sd-ext partition.

I try to partition sdcard with amon-ra recovery and rom manager, choose different sizes of ext and swap partitions - and got same result.

And when I try to flash any old boot (for example from FLBMod 1.5), sd-ext partition becomes to mount.

Also when I do Repair SD in amon-ra recovery, sd-ext partition become to mount in clockwork recovery, but after first boot it become to not working again.

Same problem I also got with any overclocked boot.

p/s/ overclocking, swap, a2sd and other functions works normally and I have no other problems except this

Edited by anegin

Can someone please tell me the code you type into terminal app to check if a2sd is working, I found a very usefull page a few days ago with most of the terminal codes but I forgot to bookmark it and now I cant find it.

Can someone please tell me the code you type into terminal app to check if a2sd is working, I found a very usefull page a few days ago with most of the terminal codes but I forgot to bookmark it and now I cant find it.

a2sd check

I did request for this to be put in the first post as it's an essential command to run in the install process!

Guest husstech
a2sd check

I did request for this to be put in the first post as it's an essential command to run in the install process!

There is a list of terminal commands here http://android.modaco.com/index.php?s=&amp...t&p=1318843 if that helps.

On another note I have just upgraded from the MCR android 1.5 rom to FLB 1.6 android 2.1 and it's like someone has just strapped a rocket to my Pulse!!! The speed is incredible, it's like a totaly different phone. Running A2SD and 64mb SWAP like a dream. I really can't say how good this is, great world flibblesan!!

I would encourage anyone new to the pulse to go ahead and instal this!!

Guest whackster
I cant seem to get Dalvik cache to run from SD card, in terminal it says running from regular directory even after iv typed (a2sd cachesd) rebooted.

You must setup a ext2 partition beforehand. I you haven't you have to reformat your sd card and start from the beginning.

Guest fredewis
I cant seem to get Dalvik cache to run from SD card, in terminal it says running from regular directory even after iv typed (a2sd cachesd) rebooted.

did you type su?

so it will be

su

a2sd cachesd

OK one more thing, the font that was used on flb v1.1 is there a way I can use it on this one.

ps FLB-V1.6b is running nice for me too keep up the good work all devs involved.

Guest eckengucker1

After months of using my own rom I swapped to your rom. the problem is that I run out of internal memory for installing apps. I'm using the 1.6b and the oc kernel. My ext2 part. is 512mb large and my swap part. 128mb.

The apps are successful installed on the sd-card but the android space management shows only 52mb?

Do I have to add a parameter to the build.prop or something like that?

Edit: Seems a2sd script isn't running correct. Strange

Edit2: OMG: internal free memory 8mb after reboot. Something is wrong.

Edit3: My build.prop doesn't have any line like "dalvik.vm.execution-mode=int:fast". Could that be the problem?. "A2SD" command shows my that the apps are installed to system/sd/app but why is the damn android showing only 8mb free space? Astro tells me 300mb.

Edited by eckengucker1