[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest THief777
Anybody help!!

Since version 1.6 of FLBMod I can't mount sd-ext partition in clockwork recovery.

When I choose in recovery Partitions Menu - Mount /sd-ext it says me:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting SDEXT:!

With this error I can't create full nandroid backup! And I think it's a serious problem because all programs installed in sd-ext partition.

I try to partition sdcard with amon-ra recovery and rom manager, choose different sizes of ext and swap partitions - and got same result.

And when I try to flash any old boot (for example from FLBMod 1.5), sd-ext partition becomes to mount.

Also when I do Repair SD in amon-ra recovery, sd-ext partition become to mount in clockwork recovery, but after first boot it become to not working again.

Same problem I also got with any overclocked boot.

p/s/ overclocking, swap, a2sd and other functions works normally and I have no other problems except this

Anybody help!!

Anybody help!!

Since version 1.6 of FLBMod I can't mount sd-ext partition in clockwork recovery.

When I choose in recovery Partitions Menu - Mount /sd-ext it says me:

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting SDEXT:!

With this error I can't create full nandroid backup! And I think it's a serious problem because all programs installed in sd-ext partition.

I try to partition sdcard with amon-ra recovery and rom manager, choose different sizes of ext and swap partitions - and got same result.

And when I try to flash any old boot (for example from FLBMod 1.5), sd-ext partition becomes to mount.

Also when I do Repair SD in amon-ra recovery, sd-ext partition become to mount in clockwork recovery, but after first boot it become to not working again.

Same problem I also got with any overclocked boot.

Must be a problem with your SD card as I have absolutely no problems making full nandroid backups with ROM Manager:

post-697226-1285705793_thumb.png

and no issues making the backup with Clockworkmod Recovery directly. I'm running the same overclocked kernel with FLB-Mod 1.6c, no issues.

Why exactly are you changing between amonra and clockworkmod?

Uploaded FLB-Mod v1.7

New features:

Darktremor A2SD updated to 2.7.5.1. Now provides a setting to change swappiness values. a2sd swappy## where ## is your requires setting. I personally use 15

Updated framework to resolve black text issues in some apps

Setup script completely redone to speed up installation and ensure all permissions are correct

Allow up to 1 minutes for the boot animation to start then another 2-3 minutes for the phone to fully boot. This is due to caches being created. For best results reboot your phone once when you've completed the android setup.

The ROM will not format the data partition so any system settings and apps should stay on your phone. This should allow you to upgrade without wiping, but please back-up your phone first.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest lacarulez
Anybody help!!

I had the same problems. :lol:

If you have a Live Linux CD (like Ubuntu,etc.), then boot it and erase the whole card. You can recreate the new partition table under Linux (FAT,EXT2,SWAP) after.

It will be OK.

Uploaded FLB-Mod v1.7

New features:

Darktremor A2SD updated to 2.7.5.1. Now provides a setting to change swappiness values. a2sd swappy## where ## is your requires setting. I personally use 15

Updated framework to resolve black text issues in some apps

Setup script completely redone to speed up installation and ensure all permissions are correct

Allow up to 1 minutes for the boot animation to start then another 2-3 minutes for the phone to fully boot. This is due to caches being created. For best results reboot your phone once when you've completed the android setup.

The ROM will not format the data partition so any system settings and apps should stay on your phone. This should allow you to upgrade without wiping, but please back-up your phone first.

Flibblesan,

I tried to flash this, doing full wipe, and got the following message:

E:Can't symlink /system/etc/wifi

E:Failure at line 100: symlink /data/cust/wifi SYSTEM:etc/wifi

Installation aborted

Any ideas?

Guest THief777
Must be a problem with your SD card as I have absolutely no problems making full nandroid backups with ROM Manager:

post-697226-1285705793_thumb.png

and no issues making the backup with Clockworkmod Recovery directly. I'm running the same overclocked kernel with FLB-Mod 1.6c, no issues.

Two different cards under characteristics and one problem!!!

Why exactly are you changing between amonra and clockworkmod?

clockworkmod

Flibblesan,

I tried to flash this, doing full wipe, and got the following message:

E:Can't symlink /system/etc/wifi

E:Failure at line 100: symlink /data/cust/wifi SYSTEM:etc/wifi

Installation aborted

Any ideas?

Ah sorry, I must have missed that. I'll upload fixed zips now.

Believe me, it's because of clockwork ext3 partitioning.

Oh that makes sense. I wonder if this is because the recovery image doesn't support ext3.

Right I'll get the image fixed and send it to Koush.

I'll also upload a zip containing the fixed recovery image along with install scripts.

Fixed clockworkmod recovery image: http://flibblesan.co.uk/android/flbmod/rec...5.0.4-pulse.zip

Edited by flibblesan

Guest skandigraun

I managed to download 14.8 megs of the oc version, but since that i got 404 for both 1.7 links.

Edit: Solved, thx

Edited by skandigraun

I'm too

The recovery is definitely uploaded correctly.

The ROMs themselves are still uploading.

By the way I figured out why sd-ext was failing if you have ext3. Clockwork will let you create an ext3 partition through rommanager because it doesn't need to be mounted, but when you try to back-up it needs to mount the sd-ext partition. Without ext3 support in the kernel this is failing (odd because ext3 is supposed to be backwards compatible with ext2).

So adding ext3 to the recovery should resolve this issue.