Guest craigb244
I tryed this:

su

a2sd nojit

Then reboot, long boot, and then:

su

a2sd jit

and then reboot and long boot

After this i get more than 4mflops in linpack.

Brilliant, that worked perfectly. guessing it was not happy after updating to 1.7 without a full wipe.

getting 4.7mflops now :lol:

Guest fredewis
Brilliant, that worked perfectly. guessing it was not happy after updating to 1.7 without a full wipe.

again how are u getting 4.7 i got 3.6 max any advice?

Guest craigb244
again how are u getting 4.7 i got 3.6 max any advice?

8gb class 6 samsung sd, 1gb a2sd partition, dalvik on sd, 64mb (i think) swap partition swappy15, overclocked

Guest sfuportuguese
fible does this rom works with u8230?!

and if does, with what? with "UK (u8220) 2.1" or with "stock u8230 2.1"?

Yes, of course it works on the U8230. IIRC, 99% of the things that work on u8220 also work on u8230, as the only thing different between them is the looks and the RAM (more on u8230).

It works with either one. (UK u8220 2.1 or u8230 2.1)

DO NOT WORK!

can't install it with stock u8230 2.1!!!

can't update to uk 2.1!

edit: works with clockwork mode

Edited by sfuportuguese

Hi

I'm currently using flb 1.6b with jit(mrc zip), swap and oc. It's a great rom, but I had some(1-2/day) random reboots. So I wanted to know whats making it unstable and was running logcat and here it is until a reboot: http://pastebin.com/AaSeyWY1

What you need to know that I'm using Locale 1.3, which should turn on my wifi.

Maybe it's not a general bug, but I hope you can use the log to find out something and make our pulses better.

Edited by Bazsy

Guest fredewis

ooooo my godddd! wel desided to instal 1.7 since people reporting mflops of 4+ with overclock of 610 and boy i had my 1.6 overcloked to 760 and had linpak of 3.6max so i upgraded turned on jit and voala i got a score of 4.7average dam this is goood im afraid of playing arround with settings thats how happy im thanks flib .....people upgrade

however flib can we have a vanilla of this pls im unable to see the time or date coz is all black ~_~

and my build number is saying 1.5 odd ...

Edited by fredewis

Guest anders_ludwigsson

I decided to update from fbl mod 1.5 to 1.7 and I must have done something wrong, I didn't get a2sd to work, and got alot of other problems as well, so I wiped it all and installed android os 1.5 (stock from huawei).

Now I want to try the flb mod 1.7 with the overclock-option. What should I do to install it properly?

I also want a2sd to work...

Edited by anders_ludwigsson

Guest betterthanjordan79
NEW: Swappiness setting through A2SD. Use a2sd swappy## where ## is a number between 00 and 100. 60 is default, 15 is ideal, 30 may work better for some people.

what does this mean and how do i change it?

Guest betterthanjordan79
it means you type:

su

a2sd swappy(then what ever number betwen 0 and 100 but 15 is recomended example swappy15)

Thanks!!Done that!!

Its class fast :lol:!!!

do i havta do anything to the oc rom to make it overclocked or is it enabled already??

Guest Richard_Arkless

I also tried this method and am getting 4.704 B), I did try the mcr jit zip and for some reason it went lower than before and I lost root support so I needed to reflash this rom and done it that way

Configuration

Same 2gb sd card as the one I got with the phone, use 32mb swap using swapper and have overclocked it to 691 on ondemand, 128mb ext2 on the sd for my apps and dalvik on sd, dalvik heap is 24mb

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest fredewis
Thanks!!Done that!!

Its class fast :lol:!!!

do i havta do anything to the oc rom to make it overclocked or is it enabled already??

you need to downloat setcpu of market and then u can set overclock

you need to downloat setcpu of market and then u can set overclock

Without SetCPU the CPU will run at 691mhz and will clock down to 245Mhz when idle. Using SetCPU allows you to set a different top speed just in case you have any instability issues or want to conserve battery.

Guest de_shepherd
Wipe.

Flash again.

(If it still fails)

Install the official UPDATA.APP of your choice.

Install custom recovery.

Wipe.

Flash FLB 1.7

I appear to be in a boot loop as well (android on skateboard is there for ages, disappears then reappears again etc etc etc). First time tried update from RomManager (asking for wipe) got boot loop, then rebooted to clockworkmod, did wipe/format from there then install - got same result.

Next tried to install an updata.app ... copied a dload dir onto the sdcard and turning on holding volume up and red button ... but its was booting into android and got the same droid on a skateboard loop.

Anyway, nandroid restore seemED to worked ... so I got back to 1.6. I've then gone back to TmobUK 2.1 VIA the UPDATA.APP, next reisntalled clockworkmod, wiped, installed 1.7oc again .... only to get the same looping droid-on-a-board.

Any ideas? Mayben I didn't leave it looping for long enough (how long does it take) - I'll try leaving it for an hours or two now (if not overnight!) just in case.

Edited by de_shepherd

Guest fredewis
Without SetCPU the CPU will run at 691mhz and will clock down to 245Mhz when idle. Using SetCPU allows you to set a different top speed just in case you have any instability issues or want to conserve battery.

ok sorry just passing down info lol and flib can u make a vanilla zip for this rom plz thankz

hmm any idea what seems to be my problem.

i type :

su

a2sd swappy15

then.......

lots of positive looking things happening, but ends with

[ ] Setting File System Ready property to 1.

could not set property

sh-3.2#

this does not seem right, any ideas ?

Thanks

Can I ask everyone a quick question?

I would like to, obviously, take advantage of the benefits that both SWAP and OC bring but I am not entirely sure as to how to go about it. What I mean is the following: assuming I want to upgrade to flb 1.7oc do I need to create a SWAP file when partitioning the SD card and then use A2sd to set swappiness or should I use swapper 2 and set swappiness through this? What is the preferred method with flb 1.7oc?

Thanks in advance

ok sorry just passing down info lol and flib can u make a vanilla zip for this rom plz thankz

Seconded - vanilla zip please, or instructions on how to do it ourselves (if it isn't that difficult)

Guest fredewis
Well, I don't know what the mcr_jit is doing, but it would be appreciate if flib would offer a flashable zip for his custom rom.

hehe i relly dont think we need a zip i upgraded to flb 1.7 oc and have swap on and jit and is stable and linkpad is hiting 4.85