[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

hmm any idea what seems to be my problem.

i type :

su

a2sd swappy15

then.......

lots of positive looking things happening, but ends with

[ ] Setting File System Ready property to 1.

could not set property

sh-3.2#

this does not seem right, any ideas ?

Thanks

type

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

and it should give you a number of 10 when you've changed swappiness. If you reboot and do the same command after it'll tell you what the actual swappiness is set to.

I appear to be in a boot loop as well (android on skateboard is there for ages, disappears then reappears again etc etc etc). First time tried update from RomManager (asking for wipe) got boot loop, then rebooted to clockworkmod, did wipe/format from there then install - got same result.

Next tried to install an updata.app ... copied a dload dir onto the sdcard and turning on holding volume up and red button ... but its was booting into android and got the same droid on a skateboard loop.

Anyway, nandroid restore seemED to worked ... so I got back to 1.6. I've then gone back to TmobUK 2.1 VIA the UPDATA.APP, next reisntalled clockworkmod, wiped, installed 1.7oc again .... only to get the same looping droid-on-a-board.

Any ideas? Mayben I didn't leave it looping for long enough (how long does it take) - I'll try leaving it for an hours or two now (if not overnight!) just in case.

Do you get boot loops when using the non-OC zip?

Sure I'll get one uploaded.

Vanilla framework for FLB-Mod 1.7 (latest Ogiogi framework)

VanillaFramework1.7-signed.zip

Do I need to just simply run this on top of 1.7 from recovery image ? like updating to 1.7 ( sorry it has been a long time since i updated ).

Will this then keep all my newly installed apps etc.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi fibble may I ask why you underclocked from the original 791 mhz (or whatever it was) to 691 mhz, I was running it at 791 using the kernel which you uploaded a couple of days ago over at the multitouch thread and it felt fine, was people having issues with it?

type

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

and it should give you a number of 10 when you've changed swappiness. If you reboot and do the same command after it'll tell you what the actual swappiness is set to.

ok thanks this worked, i got my 10 and then rebooted, typed again and am running with the standard 60. Even though I thought I had changed it to 30.

This seems a little odd.

Hi fibble may I ask why you underclocked from the original 791 mhz (or whatever it was) to 691 mhz, I was running it at 791 using the kernel which you uploaded a couple of days ago over at the multitouch thread and it felt fine, was people having issues with it?

We found that the kernel in the multitouch thread wasn't correctly overclocked. It was actually running slower than the reported speed. The new kernel has the right speeds displayed.

ok thanks this worked, i got my 10 and then rebooted, typed again and am running with the standard 60. Even though I thought I had changed it to 30.

This seems a little odd.

Ok. If you do the a2sd swappy30 setting again does it give the same error again?

Guest Richard_Arkless
We found that the kernel in the multitouch thread wasn't correctly overclocked. It was actually running slower than the reported speed. The new kernel has the right speeds displayed.

Oh right thanks, great job btw on your rom and +1 on the request on enabling JIT by default, havent seen a reboot yet or any stability issues :lol:

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest Richard_Arkless
for those who have used froyo flb2 and this flb 1.7 overclocked have they noticed any reduction in FCs with FLB1.7?

I havent used flb2 but I used froyo when it was still in private development where only the technical people knew how to flash it and that was the best experience and didnt see a single force close, now with flb 1.7 I overclocked, enabled swap, enabled JIT and everything is smooth and the only time I see a fc is when I start it up but I guess that is because everything is trying to run at the same time

This is a great improvement compared to just 2.1 without any of this stuff, I would have force closes and slow downs everywhere I when plus it was an embarrassment when my friends would want to use my phone and it would be really slow

Guest de_shepherd
Do you get boot loops when using the non-OC zip?

Haven't tried that ... will give it a go tomorrow.

Hmm, problem now is that nandroid recovery hasn't worked nor does installing 1.7 from clockwokrmod ... rebooting gets to the initial "ANDROID" logo then it restarts again into clockworkmod with a message

"E:Invalid command argument"

What do I do from here?

N.b. during this process I've used the Tmob UK UPDATE.APP ... has the changed partition sizes in that upset something?

Guest totiadrenalin

I can just tell you congratulations flibble.

This is the most stable and fastest rom I've ever seen, and taste for pulse.

Honestly, this rom is 2-3 times faster and more stable than froyo.

score 4.74 in linpack and none of the force close.

I use a Kingston 4GB class6 sdcard.

apps, dalvic-cache, and data / data switched over to ext3 partition.

I have a 128MB swap and 30% swappy partition.

jit enabled, and dalvik heapsize 32mb

Man! I remained speechless.

The overclock is now truly looks that it's doing the work.

Best regards

TOTI

EDIT:

I just found a issue with the 3G

Suddenly from nowhere the icon disappears and back again. but also the 3G data connection is lost and back again.

In a very short period repeated at least a dozen times.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Richard_Arkless
I can just tell you congratulations flibble.

This is the most stable and fastest rom I've ever seen, and taste for pulse.

Honestly, this rom is 2-3 times faster and more stable than froyo.

score 4.74 in linpack and none of the force close.

I use a Kingston 4GB class6 sdcard.

apps, dalvic-cache, and data / data switched over to ext3 partition.

I have a 128MB swap and 30% swappy partition.

jit enabled, and dalvik heapsize 32mb

Man! I remained speechless.

The overclock is now truly looks that it's doing the work.

Best regards

TOTI

What were doing speeches now, sorry I didnt get the memo :lol:

I also want to say great job and also thank you to fibble and to anyone else like bigbear who has helped make this starter phone into android which was pathetically slow, into a great phone which is amazingly fast

I truly feel sorry to the people who sold their pulse for a faster phone lol they missed out on a lot of stuff

I tried installing 1.7 which went ok till I got to the point where I attempted to set up my email and I got an no network connection error, which I didn't have a problem with on previous rom. I then flashed the uk 2.1 official rom and the data connection worked again. After reinstalling clockwork, tried 1.7 again, problem still exists. Any ideas? Thanks

I am on vodafone uk network if that helps.

Edited by MorganP

Guest totiadrenalin
I tried installing 1.7 which went ok till I got to the point where I attempted to set up my email and I got an no network connection error, which I didn't have a problem with on previous rom. I then flashed the uk 2.1 official rom and the data connection worked again. After reinstalling clockwork, tried 1.7 again, problem still exists. Any ideas? Thanks

I am on vodafone uk network if that helps.

you don't have the apn configuration bro.

can you see the 3g or "E" - edge or at least "G" - GPRS icon in the status bar?

Edited by totiadrenalin

you don't have the apn configuration bro.

can you see the 3g or "E" - edge or at least "G" - GPRS icon in the status bar?

Nope nothing but the signal bars, was able to get 2g & 3g on the official rom and when I was running 1.6.

Guest totiadrenalin
Nope nothing but the signal bars, was able to get 2g & 3g on the official rom and when I was running 1.6.

go to:

settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > Access Point Names

click menu and seleck New APN

Then add the apn configuration of your network operator.

That's all.

maybe you will need to reboot the phone after that.

Yeah I think I've put the wrong apn-conf.xml file in the ROM.

Download and flash the flbmod_v1.7_fix1.zip and it'll restore the apns file back to the one used in 1.6

It's large as it also contains a framework fix.

go to:

settings > wireless & networks > mobile networks > Access Point Names

click menu and seleck New APN

Then add the apn configuration of your network operator.

That's all.

maybe you will need to reboot the phone after that.

Cheers for that. It was already in the list of APNs but wasn't selected, once selected worked right away. Thanks again.

Thanks Fibblesan, I give that a try if it plays up. Also I was getting an md5 checksum error when checking the overclocked 1.7 zip, tried downloading a couple of times with the same result. No Worries.

Edited by MorganP

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi would it be possible to change where files that I receive through bluetooth are saved so it appears on the root of the sd card instead of in its own bluetooth folder

Do I need to just simply run this on top of 1.7 from recovery image ? like updating to 1.7 ( sorry it has been a long time since i updated ).

Will this then keep all my newly installed apps etc.

Yeah just flash it from recovery. It won't delete anything B)

Cheers for that. It was already in the list of APNs but wasn't selected, once selected worked right away. Thanks again.

Thanks Fibblesan, I give that a try if it plays up. Also I was getting an md5 checksum error when checking the overclocked 1.7 zip, tried downloading a couple of times with the same result. No Worries.

Hm strange. I've just downloaded it and the checksum matches. Does it install ok?