[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Hi would it be possible to change where files that I receive through bluetooth are saved so it appears on the root of the sd card instead of in its own bluetooth folder

I don't think so

2flibblesan Hi, would it be possible to add this kernel modification to current version of flb-mod (2.1)?

http://code.google.com/p/android-wired-tet...s/list?q=Kernel

I am still looking for best usb tether solution (for both linux and win machines) and it seems to be the best way for 2.1 version. thanks for help

Interesting but the kernel already supports USB tethering and wireless tethering is supported with barnicle.

Interesting but the kernel already supports USB tethering and wireless tethering is supported with barnicle.

android-wired-tether could work when the kernel supports "netfilter" and "rndis".

Our kernel already supperts netfilter but rndis function doesn't seem to be enabled.

So the app couldn't work :lol:

Guest totiadrenalin

flibble I'm wandering what will happend if you implement all this tweeks and boost in your flb-mod 2 based on froyo?

and what elsedid you change in the rom?

I'm sorry for posting this here, but I,m wandering what else has been changed since the last kernel image that you post in the MT thread, because now when i do cat /proc/kmsg I get better reponce from the touchcontroller.

Did BB upload something new on the github?

By the way, I want to ask you is this overcloked boot.img works wit your froyo flb-mod?

Best regards

TOTI

flibble I'm wandering what will happend if you implement all this tweeks and boost in your flb-mod 2 based on froyo?

and what elsedid you change in the rom?

I'm sorry for posting this here, but I,m wandering what else has been changed since the last kernel image that you post in the MT thread, because now when i do cat /proc/kmsg I get better reponce from the touchcontroller.

Did BB upload something new on the github?

By the way, I want to ask you is this overcloked boot.img works wit your froyo flb-mod?

Best regards

TOTI

I may add these tweaks to FLB-Mod Froyo at least as a small update. I wasn't going to release another rom update until a few more things are working, but I think I can make a small update for overclocking.

I think BB might have done something with the Touchcontroller in the kernel, but I didn't do anything myself.

The boot.img should work with Froyo also.

Guest alek_jov
type

cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness

and it should give you a number of 10 when you've changed swappiness. If you reboot and do the same command after it'll tell you what the actual swappiness is set to.

I have the same problem but I don't know where to type that code. is it in terminal emulator or somewhere else?

framework.th.jpg

the white android stock theme

telling him it is the white android stock theme is correct, but that picture will confuse him. Try posting screenshots of the vanilla theme instead.

Guest pavlis42

as kenoboe wrote, the app is not working, i have got message about unsuported kernel. i dont know if it is only about enabling the rndis function or adding any support to kernel, but it will be very helpfull if somebody look at it. thanks very much

Guest de_shepherd
Hmm, problem now is that nandroid recovery hasn't worked nor does installing 1.7 from clockwokrmod ... rebooting gets to the initial "ANDROID" logo then it restarts again into clockworkmod with a message

"E:Invalid command argument"

What do I do from here?

Still stuck.

I can get back to the 2.1HU version via UPDATE.APP (I assume same for any other UPDATE.APP images would work) ... however doing anything via clockworkmod doesn't seem to work.

When I do a "wipe data/factory reset" in clockworkmod I get an error

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting /sd-ext/!

Skipping format

so I'm not sure if I'm doing the a full wipe need to reinstall from scratch

Any clues as to what to try next?

Still stuck.

E:Can't mount /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

(File exists)

Error mounting /sd-ext/!

Skipping format

Any clues as to what to try next?

Do You use the newest CW recovery image? If You using EXT3 sd-ext, refresh the CW recovery with that (previous pages in this forum)....

Edited by Krinyo

Guest darkdevil1

I went from 1.6 to 1.7 and all of a suddon I'm very low on phone memory (after dalvik wipe). Did you de-odex the system files or make any other changes that could've caused this?

Either way, much <3. The OC 1.7 runs extremely smooth

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest de_shepherd
Do You use the newest CW recovery image? If You using EXT3 sd-ext, refresh the CW recovery with that (previous pages in this forum)....

CW reports its v2.5.0.4 .... is this the latest? During my saga of problems last night at one point I reinstalled CW from the version I had on my PC which I downloaded a few weeks ago. I think that ROMManager did at one point say it was updating CW so I may have an outdated version.

Guest de_shepherd
CW reports its v2.5.0.4 .... is this the latest? During my saga of problems last night at one point I reinstalled CW from the version I had on my PC which I downloaded a few weeks ago. I think that ROMManager did at one point say it was updating CW so I may have an outdated version.

Aha, just read the CW thread again ... I'd sort of assumed that the info on latest version etc would be in the first couple of posts as is case in this thread ... but now spotted flib's Sep28 post about a new version.

I'll have to wait till I get home to try that out as I've not install the Pulse drivers on my work PC!

Edited by de_shepherd

I just installed FLB 1.7 over a fresh 2.1 UK install (was Android 1.5 - MCR 1.7 before), but when checking FREE in the Terminal now, it says the following:

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

sh-3.2$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

sh-3.2$ free

total		 used		 free	   shared	  buffers

Mem:	107388	 105336	  2052	   0			280

Swap:	 62664	   28800	   33864

Total:	  170052	 134136	 35916

Is it normal that it only has 2052 Mem free (checked several times, it goes between 4500 and 1800 free)?

When I check through Settings, it says it has around 85mb free of Internal Memory.

If I sent an SMS, it does arrive.

At this point I've done the following:

Dalvik Cache is on SD.

64mb Swap with Swappiness set to 30 (15 or 30 makes no difference for free mem).

Guest rulerofkaos

Is the 85Mb internal memory RAM and not ROM, maybe? You can check ram with autokiller for example. If I kill all not necessary apps "free" shows me 1800 free mem, but autokiller about 25Mb. It's a little bit strange, of cause.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest totiadrenalin
I just installed FLB 1.7 over a fresh 2.1 UK install (was Android 1.5 - MCR 1.7 before), but when checking FREE in the Terminal now, it says the following:

export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

sh-3.2$ export PATH=/data/local/bin:$PATH

sh-3.2$ free

total		 used		 free	   shared	  buffers

Mem:	107388	 105336	  2052	   0			280

Swap:	 62664	   28800	   33864

Total:	  170052	 134136	 35916

Is it normal that it only has 2052 Mem free (checked several times, it goes between 4500 and 1800 free)?

When I check through Settings, it says it has around 85mb free of Internal Memory.

If I sent an SMS, it does arrive.

At this point I've done the following:

Dalvik Cache is on SD.

64mb Swap with Swappiness set to 30 (15 or 30 makes no difference for free mem).

What you can see Mem: 107388 105336 2052 0 280 here

is the free ram memory

and not the internal memory.

Yes it is normal.

pulse has only around 107MB ram memory. and why then only 2MB is free?

what about rest of the "used" memory?

well maybe half of the memory that is shown as used it is used, and half of it is cached.

so that's why when you use some application, like system panel for example you can see something between 19-45MB free memory

or even if you kill all of the applications that stay in ram you could get even 50MB and more free.

But what you can see in settings like free memory is the memory that left unused buy the user. and that the memory of the userdata partition.

If your memory card is low class that I wouldn't suggest you to use the a2sd cachesd option.

Because that will slow down your phone.

That's why flibble odexed the apps in the system.

At least those application won't take any memory in the /data/dalvik-cache because they already have there class.odex file included in the /system/app

And the swap isn't acting like real ram memory.

It work's totally different than ram memory.

The swap in linux works like the virtual memory in windows. it cache the index page files.

But yeah it could speedup your phone.

But once again it's end up to the class of your sdcard.

It really doesn't metter if the sdcard you use is 2GB or 16GB

The only think that matter is the read write speed. how much MB in seconds the phone can read data from sd, and write data to sd.

If you don't know what is the class of your sdcard use the fastforward application from the marked.

EDIT:

I think that for people who don't have high class sdcard the compcache option is much better solution.

Now when the CPU is fast enough to compress and decompress the data that stays in compcache, it will really speedup the phone.

I know thet the solution of compcache+swap is the best option.

But the compcache is using only 25% of the ram memory and that is about 25MB.

Well at least the rest of the memory than will be used more rational by the os.

First we need to understand what is the ram memory.

Random Access Memory.

that means that any app can access that memory when it needed.

So that's why the speed of ram is way more than the speed of class6 sdcard.

And that's the reason why I suggest the compcache over the swap.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest michalis2610
I tryed this:

su

a2sd nojit

Then reboot, long boot, and then:

su

a2sd jit

and then reboot and long boot

After this i get more than 4mflops in linpack.

Worked for me. Thanks.

flibblesan flbmod_v1.7oc is a pure joy, thank you !