[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest baotica

Fiblesan dude, what taskmanager do you use, I mean, I now the program is sitting in notification area, and has that green icon square that shows proc load, but I can't for the life of me remember what it's called.

Guest de_shepherd
Update ... 1.7 installed ok. Will try 1.7oc (which originally failed and started this saga!) later.

1.7oc installed ok this time. Had one reboot this morning + seems to freeze more often (aha just found swapiness starts at the default of 60! - will fix this with a2sd swappy15).

One question ... where did the "fancy clock widget" go?

Guest InstantWater

I've did some more hack :lol:

a2sd nojit

REBOOT

a2sd swappy20

a2sd jit

REBOOT

So is JIT enabled now? Should I edit build.prop file?

Could someone send me a link for Linpack?

Thank you.

p.s.: Could somebody give me a link for a reliable torrent client? (NOT uTorrent remote control)

p.s. 2: "com.android.inputmethod.latin not responds" after boot. Why?

p.s. 3: I can't see the icons label in landscape mode in the menu, because there are 3 dot on the top. Is this normal, or can I remove the dots? Because it's not too good without icon labels.

Edited by InstantWater

I've did some more hack :lol:

So is JIT enabled now? Should I edit build.prop file?

Could someone send me a link for Linpack?

Thank you.

p.s.: Could somebody give me a link for a reliable torrent client? (NOT uTorrent remote control)

p.s. 2: "com.android.inputmethod.latin not responds" after boot. Why?

p.s. 3: I can't see the icons label in landscape mode in the menu, because there are 3 dot on the top. Is this normal, or can I remove the dots? Because it's not too good without icon labels.

Yes, JIT should be enabled now. Edit build.prop isn't necessary. You can find Linpack in the market.

Guest __Untitled

a lot of fc on my U8220 (PCCW edition), and at least 8 times randomly reboot.

And when I try to run rom manager - fix permissions, it shows:

An error occured while attempting to run privileged commands.

I just run

su

a2sd lowmem-optimum

a2sd reswap

a2sd cachesd

restart automatically

su

a2sd check

a2sd nojit

reboot

su

a2sd swappy15

a2sd jit

reboot

not sure if it will be better.

Guest InstantWater

I have a problem. My pulse says I have 9,15megs free space on my phone. I've set a2sd, and I can see the installed apps on my card, so I don't understand it.

I've checked again, and new apps are installed to SD, so a2sd is works, but this ~9megs continuously changing around +- some 100kbs as I use my phone and browse the net, so I'm totally confused...

If someone can help me, please tell me what should I do.

Thanks

Guest Simon O
I have a problem. My pulse says I have 9,15megs free space on my phone. I've set a2sd, and I can see the installed apps on my card, so I don't understand it.

I've checked again, and new apps are installed to SD, so a2sd is works, but this ~9megs continuously changing around +- some 100kbs as I use my phone and browse the net, so I'm totally confused...

Thanks

The system stores caches on the data partition so the free space will change.

Guest fredewis

Thanks

this probably becouse you got delvick cache on phone mem not sd and its recomended to move it to sd if u got a class4 or you will have slowdown

Guest InstantWater

Wehehe 61,29 MB available.

The mistake was that, I've flashed FLB 1.7 and run this

su

a2sd lowmem-optimum

a2sd reswap

a2sd cachesd

restart automatically

su

a2sd check

a2sd nojit

reboot

su

a2sd swappy15

a2sd jit

reboot

And AFTER that I've flashed FLB 1.7 OC... :lol:

I've run again the commands and 61,29 MB B)))

Guest InstantWater

Bluetooth A2DP lagging....... B)

Any idea?

SOLVED: a SetCPU profile was active: min:245 max:691 ONDEMAND Ppiority:50

It was active, but it was "ondemand" why lagged???

When I turned off the profile, and set manually 245,691,ondemand, everything works :lol:))

Which taskmanager do you use? I'm using Android Mate / ES Task Manager for taskkill and Smart Taskbar for task switching, but I'm curious about what do you use B)

New problem: after installing SetCPU, Tux Rider cannot be run. It starts with a blank screen, but after some seconds it exits. :lol: It's only a stupid game, but I'm curious about what is the problem.

Edited by InstantWater

Guest Richard_Arkless
Hi

looking at the new updates and the release of the kernel does it mean that the SMS bug has now gone with the newer updates

thank you

from what ive heard the sms issue was because the pulse had little amount of free ram left, swap has fixed this issue for us so it should have fixed this issue

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest twrock
When run Fix Permissions in ROM MANAGER 2.5.0.2, i got "AN error occurred while attaempting to run privileged command!"

Any solution? thanks!!

Seems to be a common problem. At least I know it is happening with J-MOD and TWeak roms as well. Since we are all using the same "kitchen" and same current version of RomManager, that would be expected. Now, solving it, that's a whole different thing.

Guest bounty123
I've run again the commands and 61,29 MB :lol:))

That actually looks bad, since its practically 61.3 wasted, unused fast internal megabytes B)

Guest totiadrenalin

flibble!

I'm sorry for posting this here, But I just have to report a issue.

The boot.img from flbmod 1.7 oc doesn't work goot with the froyo.

Fist. the ril doesn't work at all.

Second. the init.rc is pointing to some widget_multimedia.jar, which I found missing in the froyo rom, and after exact 30sec from boot it's reboot.

Third. the wifi doesn't work two.

Forth. for some unknown reason the vold doesn't work two.

Fifth. the strange part is that the ext3 partition is mounting without any problems, and swap works two.

Sixth. after several reboots the battery temperature is climbing to 40 and up Celsius degrees.

I don't know what does cose all this strange issues, but none of this issues are present in froyo with the regular froyo boot.img

I'm posting this here because I think it should be here since this issues are in froyo, but cosed by the flbmod 1.7oc boot.img.

And I think so that you post somewhere in this thread that this boot.img should work with froyo.

Best regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest Simon O
flibble!

I'm sorry for posting this here, But I just have to report a issue.

The boot.img from flbmod 1.7 oc doesn't work goot with the froyo.

Fist. the ril doesn't work at all.

Second. the init.rc is pointing to some widget_multimedia.jar, which I found missing in the froyo rom, and after exact 30sec from boot it's reboot.

Third. the wifi doesn't work two.

Forth. for some unknown reason the vold doesn't work two.

Fifth. the strange part is that the ext3 partition is mounting without any problems, and swap works two.

Sixth. after several reboots the battery temperature is climbing to 40 and up Celsius degrees.

I don't know what does cose all this strange issues, but none of this issues are present in froyo with the regular froyo boot.img

I'm posting this here because I think it should be here since this issues are in froyo, but cosed by the flbmod 1.7oc boot.img.

And I think so that you post somewhere in this thread that this boot.img should work with froyo.

Best regards

TOTI

I meant the kernel would work with froyo but not the boot img. The kernel would need to be extracted from the image and packaged up with the ramdisk from the froyo boot.img

Just a question, my Pulse has a strange behavior (I'm using FLB 1.7 oc):

I'm using 64 SWAP and A2SD with dalvik-cache and apps on SD, JIT is enabled. Free show me the swap space. Swapiness is set to 15. I'm using a2sd lowmen-optimum...but: I open Opera Mini, close it with back or red button (doesn't seem any difference in this case) and open another small app and close this immediately. Than I want to go back to Opera and it should be gone to RAM. But it isn't and I have to restart and initialize Opera again.

How could it be? When my Pulse is idling there is about 30mb free RAM. Opera is still killed of the RAM after a fresh reboot. Is there any problem with Opera or does the swap doesn't work properly?

Guest TaiwanCHT8k
Just a question, my Pulse has a strange behavior (I'm using FLB 1.7 oc):

I'm using 64 SWAP and A2SD with dalvik-cache and apps on SD, JIT is enabled. Free show me the swap space. Swapiness is set to 15. I'm using a2sd lowmen-optimum...but: I open Opera Mini, close it with back or red button (doesn't seem any difference in this case) and open another small app and close this immediately. Than I want to go back to Opera and it should be gone to RAM. But it isn't and I have to restart and initialize Opera again.

How could it be? When my Pulse is idling there is about 30mb free RAM. Opera is still killed of the RAM after a fresh reboot. Is there any problem with Opera or does the swap doesn't work properly?

that 'lowmen-optimum' setting killed your background app too soon snatching extra ram

set it back with 'lowmen-default'

that 'lowmen-optimum' setting killed your background app too soon snatching extra ram

set it back with 'lowmen-default'

But I should have the Pulse RAM + 96MB swap. That should enough. Or isn't the swap space doesn't recognized by the killer functionality? I thought that swap behaves like normal RAM and the kernel told the system bigger RAM values. Isn't that right?

Guest totiadrenalin
I meant the kernel would work with froyo but not the boot img. The kernel would need to be extracted from the image and packaged up with the ramdisk from the froyo boot.img

Thanks.

I'll try that later.

+1

Guest totiadrenalin
But I should have the Pulse RAM + 96MB swap. That should enough. Or isn't the swap space doesn't recognized by the killer functionality? I thought that swap behaves like normal RAM and the kernel told the system bigger RAM values. Isn't that right?

No.

The swap doesn't work like a regular ram at all.

And the low-memory killer recognize only the pulse's integrated ram memory.

Only the inactive data are cached in the swap.

But when you end a application with the red button this app stays active so this means that the apps stays in ram instead in the swap.

Try to increase the low-memory killer.

This way you should be able to keep more applications active in ram.

But when a application stays active in the ram, it's eats up the processes like it eats up when it's visual.

So as much active apps you keep in the pulses integrated ram as much your pulse is getting slower.

But when it's inactive (back ground) it is really inactive and doesn't slowdown your pulse.

But just to mention that the pulse need the cpu power to compress the data before cache it to the swap memory.

EDIT:

Not that much as it use the CPU to compress the data to store it in the compcache.

The foreground, visible and background applications in ram are diferent then the inactive applications.

The foreground apps are those apps which are in use at the exact time and they use the cpu.

Background applications are also active applications but the graphical interface isn't shown they use the cpu two.

Visible apps are also active applications, but there's graphical interface can be called by os when it's needed and they don't use the CPU before they the os called them to be foreground.

And inactive apps are those apps which stay in ram or if you have swap activated in swap.

The inactive don't use the CPU at all.

REDEIT:

Don't read this.

I made a mistake.

It's prove that I was wrong.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest gusthy
No.

The swap doesn't work like a regular ram at all.

And the low-memory killer recognize only the pulse's integrated ram memory.

Only the inactive data are cached in the swap.

But when you end a application with the red button this app stays active so this means that the apps stays in ram instead in the swap.

Try to increase the low-memory killer.

This way you should be able to keep more applications active in ram.

But when a application stays active in the ram, it's eats up the processes like it eats up when it's visual.

So as much active apps you keep in the pulses integrated ram as much your pulse is getting slower.

But when it's inactive (back ground) it is really inactive and doesn't slowdown your pulse.

But just to mention that the pulse need the cpu power to compress the data before cache it to the swap memory.

This analysis is not correct I am afraid.

Linux low memory killer works depending on oom_adj. Here is the documentation of OOM:

Out of Memory (OOM) refers to a computing state where all available memory,

including swap space, has been allocated. Normally this will cause the system

to panic and stop functioning as expected. There is a switch that controls OOM

behavior in /proc/sys/vm/panic_on_oom. When set to 1 the kernel will panic on

OOM. A setting of 0 instructs the kernel to call a function named oom_killer on

an OOM. Usually, oom_killer can kill rogue processes and the system will

survive.

As you see, swap is considered "RAM" for OOM (however it does not behave like that in other circumstances.)