[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest brack
The initial release of beta4 was bugged. I re-uploaded it but kept the same name (stupidly). Are you having problems with the latest beta4?

I guess so, I downloaded it around 15:00 CET from here http://www.multiupload.com/MU_9FWRLZVHK5 but after a few reboots and some more dancing I came to conclusion that if I dont use Titanium backup restores (from Pauls rom) but download all programs from the market again and then set them up manually from their native backups, then the system is quite stable. Well, except those bunch of fcs right after update.

So, my recommendation is to install beta4 and when you get first fc, take the battery out and in again, then continue all the process as normal but do not recover DATA with apps when using Titanium backup.

Guest brack
Can anyone tell me how to turn on or use swype?

I dont think this is right topic for that. but if you are beta tester of Swype, most likely you will never be able to try it with Pulse and 2.1 rom. The thing is that Hungarian update is kind of semiofficial, not really official, and Swype devices database doesnt recognize pulse as valid 2.1 device.

been there, done that...

Guest robot1000
I dont think this is right topic for that. but if you are beta tester of Swype, most likely you will never be able to try it with Pulse and 2.1 rom. The thing is that Hungarian update is kind of semiofficial, not really official, and Swype devices database doesnt recognize pulse as valid 2.1 device.

been there, done that...

Works fine for me

Guest dobre

been there, done that...

I asked because i read that it works in this rom (beta 4). And i don't know how to see it.

Guest Simon O
I guess so, I downloaded it around 15:00 CET from here http://www.multiupload.com/MU_9FWRLZVHK5 but after a few reboots and some more dancing I came to conclusion that if I dont use Titanium backup restores (from Pauls rom) but download all programs from the market again and then set them up manually from their native backups, then the system is quite stable. Well, except those bunch of fcs right after update.

So, my recommendation is to install beta4 and when you get first fc, take the battery out and in again, then continue all the process as normal but do not recover DATA with apps when using Titanium backup.

Thats the right file. I have read that Titanium Backup can cause issues like that on other ROMs.

Guest brack
Thats the right file. I have read that Titanium Backup can cause issues like that on other ROMs.

Any way,l hope you sort out that problem with bunch of fc at the beginning, otherwise this rom will lose in reputation, since the "first impression" rule is still there.

I don't get it, why shouldn't I recover app data in Titanium Backup, I did this today when flashing beta 4 and it worked just fine.

(Hejhej, Uddevallabo här btw)

Guest brack
Got FC at the beginning also.......and it seems a little slower then V3....my first impression at least

I've got that impression too, according to free space on internal storage I assume that dalvik is on sd, moving it to device should improve the performance. Will try to duo it tomorrow morning, now its a bed time for kids and I have two of them.

Guest goce.nakov
I've got that impression too, according to free space on internal storage I assume that dalvik is on sd, moving it to device should improve the performance. Will try to duo it tomorrow morning, now its a bed time for kids and I have two of them.

dalvik is on the device...at least that is Terminal Emulator saying when you type a2sd check

Guest dodge-167

I installed r4 and when i put my code i get a loooot of FCs.... For every program what is installed on my phone (lanucher pro, messages, conracts.....) i get an FC.... ;)

Guest goce.nakov
I installed r4 and when i put my code i get a loooot of FCs.... For every program what is installed on my phone (lanucher pro, messages, conracts.....) i get an FC.... ;)

remove the battery and reboot

Guest jlgmax

Hi sorry if this has already been asked but does this ROM work OK with MMS messaging on networks other than T Mobile (ie O2-UK) ?

I currently have another 2.1 ROM on my Pulse, which despite having the appropriate MMS APN will not send or receive MMS messages.

Thanks.

Edited by jlgmax

Guest kankle123
Install Terminal Emulator from the market

type su in it

type a2sd check in it

if it gives you the same results as Fbl posted it means is working

"An ext2, ext3 or ext4 partition must exist on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

Reboot phone into recovery and create an ext2, ext3 or ext4 partition."

Is there anything else I need to do apart from creating an ext2 partition from recovery mode? and doing this will it nack up the rom I have installed or will it be okay or will I need to re-flash the rom?

Cheers

Guest igor_anta
"An ext2, ext3 or ext4 partition must exist on /dev/block/mmcblk0p2

Reboot phone into recovery and create an ext2, ext3 or ext4 partition."

Is there anything else I need to do apart from creating an ext2 partition from recovery mode? and doing this will it nack up the rom I have installed or will it be okay or will I need to re-flash the rom?

Cheers

Yup that's all you need to do. But remember that this formats the SD card so all data on it will be lost, backup first. As for the ROM I'm not sure ;) It should be OK since you didn't have apps2sd till now nothing will be lost. Backup first, just in case. Cheers!

Guest Simon O

I've added a big message about the issues with beta4 to the first page of the thread. I'm unable to work on the rom until after the 23rd July so I would advise people to go back to beta 3 if they are having problems. I need to spend time after the 23rd on finding the cause of the problem. Any help would be appreciated please, as I cannot replicate the errors myself.

In a nutshell the only changes between beta 3 and beta 4 are:

changed market fingerprint

updated google maps and market apps.

updated launcher pro

updated quick boot

replaced music app

replaced mms app

the most likely cause of the problem may be LauncherPro.

So could I please ask if you are experiencing errors with beta 4 please post with the following:

1) Did you do a full wipe of Data, dalvik and ext before installing?

2) Did you use any tools like Titanium Backup to restore any apps and settings?

3) Do the force closes reference a specific process? If so, please write the process in your post.

4) Do you have any issues relating to the messaging application?

Many thanks guys. It's not the easiest thing to work on a ROM alone and even harder when people are having issues I can't see myself. But I want to help people!

Guest goce.nakov
I've added a big message about the issues with beta4 to the first page of the thread. I'm unable to work on the rom until after the 23rd July so I would advise people to go back to beta 3 if they are having problems. I need to spend time after the 23rd on finding the cause of the problem. Any help would be appreciated please, as I cannot replicate the errors myself.

In a nutshell the only changes between beta 3 and beta 4 are:

changed market fingerprint

updated google maps and market apps.

updated launcher pro

updated quick boot

replaced music app

replaced mms app

the most likely cause of the problem may be LauncherPro.

So could I please ask if you are experiencing errors with beta 4 please post with the following:

1) Did you do a full wipe of Data, dalvik and ext before installing?

2) Did you use any tools like Titanium Backup to restore any apps and settings?

3) Do the force closes reference a specific process? If so, please write the process in your post.

4) Do you have any issues relating to the messaging application?

Many thanks guys. It's not the easiest thing to work on a ROM alone and even harder when people are having issues I can't see myself. But I want to help people!

You are doing a great job mate, there is a new version of LauncherPro so guys...download it, rename it and replace the old one, any way after first FC massages the ROM is running smoothly expect that is a little slower then V3 but I moved Dalvik back on the device so will see how will perform

BTW Fbl I think you left something from the previous ROM because that's app's (LauncherPro, Market etc) who gives FC at the begging but after the reboot they are loading fine and everything is working fine

Cheers

Edited by goce.nakov

Flb is there no way you can make LauncherPro show up in the "downloaded" section of Market, so that we can get see when it's updated?

Maps shows up in downloaded-section, so why shouldn't you be able to make LauncherPro do so as well?