[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest betterthanjordan79

HI guys.i love flb 1.7oc but im having a problem with the stock media player. I like it but every time i start and pick a song it goes into party mode and just picks a random song and its very annoying. i no i can disable party mode but next time i start it again it does the exact same thing. is there any fixes for this? Ive notices this bug in all the flbs since it was brought into the firmware.

Guest totiadrenalin
HI guys.i love flb 1.7oc but im having a problem with the stock media player. I like it but every time i start and pick a song it goes into party mode and just picks a random song and its very annoying. i no i can disable party mode but next time i start it again it does the exact same thing. is there any fixes for this? Ive notices this bug in all the flbs since it was brought into the firmware.

You can replace it with no problems.

Upack some previews flbmod where the music player is differed with no such a issue and then:

adb push <path to the music player stored in your pc> /system/app/

adb reboot

And you will have the new music app with no issue.

Guest ogiogi

Have you tried adding debug.sf.hw=1 to build.prop. I did :(, and can't notice any real difference on the home screen swiping (adw runs smooth ;) already ) but maybe when going through menus is faster :)

Have you tried adding debug.sf.hw=1 to build.prop. I did :(, and can't notice any real difference on the home screen swiping (adw runs smooth ;) already ) but maybe when going through menus is faster :)

Can you give us further informations about this setting?

Guest betterthanjordan79
You can replace it with no problems.

Upack some previews flbmod where the music player is differed with no such a issue and then:

adb push <path to the music player stored in your pc> /system/app/

adb reboot

And you will have the new music app with no issue.

What could i replace it with?

is there any other good stock media players?

Guest acws70

Updated to FLB 1.7 (after having FLB 1.6 and T-UK 2.1).

@flibblesan

Great work, keep it up and looking forward to Froyo!

Just a few things with FLB.

1. Is there a way/app to see how much and for what the memory is used for (apps/cache/swpa/RAM/ROM/SD card etc.)?

2. Contacts are now sorted by Firstname. Can't find the option to sort them by Lastname (am I blind)?

3. Does anybody use or have VPN running (is IPsec possible, maybe with openvpn)?

4. Can one backup Apps that are on the SD Card with Titanium, or do I have the backup the SD Card separetly?

Regards

acws70

Edited by acws70

Guest ogiogi
Any artifacts? Well, but if you can't recognize any good changes, we don't need it ;).

No artifacts :) and someone else should try it to confirm. Also needs to be tested with the stock huawei launcher

Guest Krinyo

Just added the debug.sf.hw=1 line. How can I test it?

No artifacts.

I'm not sure it's really different. :)

Edit: displaying screen elements feel faster now. IP Cam Viewer is a lot faster with this setting...

Edited by Krinyo

Guest Krinyo

Ok, I'm using it a few hours. No artifacts, system feels more faster, displaying menus, scrolling texts is really smoother. Opera Mini page rendering is faster too.

Guest Daz555
Is it possible to confirm the speed increase with benchmarking tools like Neocore?

If there is a speed increase with a particular mod or feature then yes benchmarking tools usually reflect this. Enabling JIT on my Pulse increases my Linpack scores for example.

Edited by Daz555

If there is a speed increase with a particular mod or feature then yes benchmarking tools usually reflect this. Enabling JIT on my Pulse increases my Linpack scores for example.

I just refer the benchmark question to debug.sf.hw=1.

Krinyo, what are you Neocore settings? I'm using the default (sound on and resolution 320x480) and reach 26,1 FPS. I've using JUT and FLB oc. The difference is 0,2 and I think this is irrelevant or a measurement error?!? But maybe the debug.sf.hw settings isn't reflected by Neocore...

Edited by Ellia

Guest ogiogi
I just refer the benchmark question to debug.sf.hw=1.

Krinyo, what are you Neocore settings? I'm using the default (sound on and resolution 320x480) and reach 26,1 FPS. I've using JUT and FLB oc. The difference is 0,2 and I think this is irrelevant or a measurement error?!? But maybe the debug.sf.hw settings isn't reflected by Neocore...

If debug.sf.hw setting works on the Pulse, it will only affect the user interface like swiping through home-screens, app drawer, settings menu, menu animations etc.

If debug.sf.hw setting works on the Pulse, it will only affect the user interface like swiping through home-screens, app drawer, settings menu, menu animations etc.

Thanks for your explanation. With FLB 1.7 it's fast as hell, so I couldn't imagine what will be better. But I will give it a try.

Guest gocegi

I installed the FB 1.7, and the strange thing is, that the ap2sd isn't working.

I installed few apps , and only can see that the internal memory is shortening, but not the SD card's.

I partitioned the card, with AmonRa,

set swap to 128 mb

ext2 512mb, and then I converted it to ext3.

Is there a problem with ext3, can FB 1.7 use it?

should I go back, and reformat, and repartition my SD card with ext2 only?

I REALLY want to move my apps to SD !!! :)

Does anyone know anything about this???

Guest betterthanjordan79

im sure this has been asked before and im sure im missing something but Im trying to use swap, i done the following:

su

a2sd lowmem-optimum

a2sd reswap

but here i get the error

mkswap: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk0p3': No such file or directory

Swapon: can't stat '/dev/block/mmcblk0p3': No such file or directory

can someone please help me with this...

Thanks in advance!!

Edited by betterthanjordan79

Guest MaToNeo

I installed few apps , and only can see that the internal memory is shortening, but not the SD card's.

set swap to 128 mb

Ext3 partition is OK, internal memory is decreasing because Dalvik cache is still in internal storage probably. Use a2sd cachesd in Terminal Emulator.

But first use a2sc check to see actual settings.

Guest Daz555

set swap to 128 mb

Remember that you can't see the A2SD partition from within the standard phone menus.

Internal space will go down with installed apps even with A2SD enabled (dalvik cache etc).

Try installing a really big app like Fruit Ninja and you will see that your phone storage will go down significantly less than the size of the application.

You can free up additional space by moving dalvik cache to SD as long as you have at least a class 4 Sd card (class 6 even better of course).

In addition you can do some basic checks of your a2sd setup by running the following from the Terminal Emulator program:

su

a2sd check

This will print a load of info on the screen about your a2sd setup. It also reveals how to move dalvik cache to sd. On the subject of EXT3 - it should be fine but there will be no benefit over running EXT2. Many would argue it is a negative as journaling file systems like EXT3 place extra wear on flash memory.

Guest MaToNeo
Thx for the replies.

But I get a force close, when tried to open terminal emulator, tried rebooting and everything :)

Use fix for Terminal Emulator from the first page (flbmod_v1.7_termfix.zip)