[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest betterthanjordan79
im sure this has been asked before and im sure im missing something but Im trying to use swap, i done the following:

su

a2sd lowmem-optimum

a2sd reswap

but here i get the error

mkswap: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk0p3': No such file or directory

Swapon: can't stat '/dev/block/mmcblk0p3': No such file or directory

can someone please help me with this...

Thanks in advance!!

anyone have any ideas on fixing this?

Guest betterthanjordan79
Probably stupid question, but... do you have swap partition created on your SD card?

i did create a partition for a2sd...do i need to creat a 3rd partition?

what format should i format it to??

Guest goce.nakov

You need to create swap partition...that partition has nothing to do with partition for installing apps.

Guest betterthanjordan79
You need to create swap partition...that partition has nothing to do with partition for installing apps.

ok. Could you give me a quick run down for doing that. Im using ubuntu r windows...so the guide can be in which evas easier....

Edited by betterthanjordan79

Guest MaToNeo

It's simply "swap partition" in Amonra recovery or in ROM Manager

Guest betterthanjordan79
It's simply "swap partition" in Amonra recovery or in ROM Manager

ok i dont have Amonra recovery and i cant see any options in ROM Manager, could u explain what i should b doin here...thanks

Guest maloi125

developers! the guys say in 2.2 sound in the headset for a lot louder than a 2.1 and wanted to know whether you can use the sound driver from 2.2 on 2.1? would be very grateful! and I think I am not alone 8)

Guest MaToNeo
ok i dont have Amonra recovery and i cant see any options in ROM Manager, could u explain what i should b doin here...thanks

You don't see "Partition SD Card" item in ROM Manager menu?

BTW don't forget backup your SD before partitioning

Guest ogiogi
Thanks for your explanation. With FLB 1.7 it's fast as hell, so I couldn't imagine what will be better. But I will give it a try.

Yeah give it a try. The more i use the phone the more i think it's working :).

Yeah give it a try. The more i use the phone the more i think it's working :).

But I don't understand why it isn't enabled by default. There must be some side-effects or the Huawei coders aren't the smartest...ok, in comparison what Flib get out of the our Pulses, they aren't the smartest ;).

I think I found a bug?

The init process should create /system/sd/app and /system/sd/app-private if they don't exist. Otherwise SystemServer crashes.

Guest gusthy
After updating my Pulse to 2.1 using this (http://android.modaco.com/content/t-mobile-pulse-pulse-modaco-com/308515/how-to-root-phone-and-install-android-v-2-1/) guide flashing flbmod 1.7 fails saying:

E:cant symlink /system/xbin/su

E:Failure at line 135:

symlink /system/bin/su SYSTEM:xbin/su

Installation aborted.

Any Ideas?

It seems like you did't flash any official 2.1 ROM and it didn't repartition your internal flash memory.

Guest Richard_Arkless

Hi ive noticed that with the previous builds when the battery was really low it will give me like 10 seconds to plug it into the charger, now with this build it turns off straight after the warning, has the waiting time been reduced and if so how do I edit it back to default

Its really annoying as it takes ages just to turn back on

oh and I know this is a bit off topic but with the htc desire hd, the boot time has been dramatically reduced, now the desire hd rom has been ported to other htc phones and they are noticing that the boot time has reduced for their phones as well

Can someone that is technical please have a look at their rom and see what mods they have done to increase the boot speed and maybe get it onto our phones

Edited by Richard_Arkless

Guest betterthanjordan79
im sure this has been asked before and im sure im missing something but Im trying to use swap, i done the following:

su

a2sd lowmem-optimum

a2sd reswap

but here i get the error

mkswap: can't open '/dev/block/mmcblk0p3': No such file or directory

Swapon: can't stat '/dev/block/mmcblk0p3': No such file or directory

can someone please help me with this...

Thanks in advance!!

ok im getting this error with my swap now

"Swapon: '/dev/block/mmcblk0p3': Device or resourse busy

[ ] Settings File System Ready property to 1.

could not set property

anyone have any ideas?

Guest gusthy

anyone have any ideas?

Practically you didn't create a swap partition, or it is not at the right partition.

Guest ashok2621

Hi

Can anyone please help me? I have T-mobile pulse UK. I upgraded to FLB mod 1.7 overclocked version.

Now i purchased a i-smart sim from deal extreme and put it into the pulse and on top of it i put my O2 sim.

I dont get the sim lock message but it is unable to register the sim card with O2. It says (No service) No Sim card.

When i try to select the network myself.(Your sim card does not allow to connect to network)

Please advice how to fix it.

I have seen many users claiming that it works on Pulse.

cheers

Ashok

Guest karlosoliveira

I have some issue with the FLB 1.7oc.

when i have WIFI connected and turn screen of (sleeping) and go to use the phone pressing return key and unlock the screen, the network icon goes to "no network" and rapidly apear network.

it hapens sometimes with WIFI connected.

other thing, when the screen goes off, the WIFI conection break.

someone have these issues?

cheers

Guest MaToNeo

anyone have any ideas?

Could you describe your situation little bit more? I suppose you have ext and swap partitions created and using "a2sd reswap" preceding with "su" command in terminal.

What does "a2sd check" command say about swapping?

Guest betterthanjordan79
Practically you didn't create a swap partition, or it is not at the right partition.

how can i fix this? i created a swap Partition using the following guide

Step 4: Return to the Main menu in the Custom recovery Image and select "Partition SD Card"

- set "Swap size" to "xyz" (Use the trackball / Vol up, down)

32mb will return your phone to it's former glory, allowing some multitasking and removing the SmS bug. (Recommended for class 2 cards)

64mb is plenty! You will experience slow-downs if you choose more. (Recommended for Class 2 cards without A2SD and Class 4 / 6 cards with A2SD)

128mb you will be able to multitask and every app will stay in RAM (Recommended for Class 6 cards without A2SD)

- set "ext2" size to xyz mb (Use the trackball / Vol up, down)

512mb is a decent amount. However that is more than half your cards space if you only have a 1gb card

You will need and EXT2 partition even if you do not want to use A2SD!

Guest InstantWater

OMFG.

Help me please.

I've installed back the original HU 1.5+December Update and then installed original HU 2.1.

Now installed the clockwork, and I'm trying to flash my backups back to the phone, but it says "MD5 mismatch", but I've used those backups before Iinstalled the original roms.

What happened with MD5 sums?

SOLVED: I've renamed the folders that contained my backup. It's default name is a date and a time stamp, and I gave them an additional name to know what does they contain. It wa the reason for MD5 mismatch. LOL

Edited by InstantWater