[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest rulerofkaos
Quoting this from last page*, because I have the same problem, especially the "can't disable wifi" one.

Any ideas on this?

*page 204, actually. Of course I had to go and start a new one.

Did you enable swap? I had these problems when swappiness was too high (60). I have set it to 30 now, less swappiness isn't good for me, but you have to try for yourself.

Guest darkdevil1

Strange. OC'd rom ran fine for a while but now I seem to get random reboots...I hope this doesn't mean my Pulse is dying.

Going to try and flash non-OC and see how that goes

Guest InstantWater
Strange. OC'd rom ran fine for a while but now I seem to get random reboots...I hope this doesn't mean my Pulse is dying.

Interesting. My 1.7 OC never reboots randomly... I'm lucky :)))

Guest InstantWater

I've added debug.sf.hw=1 line to my build.prop, but it caused lots of "application not responds [close|wait]"......

Is my CLASS 2 card the problem?

p.s. Could someone tell me how can I turn off the "boot jingle"?

Thanks

Guest boko1008

well, something weird happened... I'm using FLC 1.7, and started using jit, and i began to have random reboots. I disabled jit, and the reboots continued. So I tried to do a full wipe and then install 1.7 again to see if the problem disappeared. But after the installation, i got into boot loop. Used recovery from clockworkmod and 1.7 worked. Don't know if the random reboots will continue, but I wanted to know if there's a reason for my boot loop...

Guest totiadrenalin
well, something weird happened... I'm using FLC 1.7, and started using jit, and i began to have random reboots. I disabled jit, and the reboots continued. So I tried to do a full wipe and then install 1.7 again to see if the problem disappeared. But after the installation, i got into boot loop. Used recovery from clockworkmod and 1.7 worked. Don't know if the random reboots will continue, but I wanted to know if there's a reason for my boot loop...

If you have any issue with the flbmod 1.7 doesn't matter if it's the oc or the regular kernel.

The biggest problem is land on the sdcard class, and swappiness

1st.

when the internal ram memory gets overloaded then part of the swap is alocated as ram.

2dn.

if theres to menu cached apps to swap which are called from time to time from the kernel to do some operations then if the speed of the sdcard is to low the cpu gets overloaded.

and not only the cpu. some processes can not work like they should.

also when you or the os is calling up some applications if the sdcard is to slow then some processes can get stock.

the problem isn't in the kernel or in the android it self.

this will happend if u have swap enabled with to big swappiness, apps to sd and dalvik-cache to sd.

and to much apps installed on your phone.

From times to times with class 6 sdcard I get some reboots.

But right now I have 114 apps installed on my phone.

I'll make a video to proove that I have those apps installed on my phone if you don't trust me.

The only issue with this rom was with the terminal app, but fixed.

and yeah with the apns configurations, but also fixed.

This is so fare the most stable and speed 2.1 rom.

Be aware with the Overclock.

It reduce the battery live.

So use the setCpu app and make profiles so when the batter get below some % to reduce the clock speed.

For example:

if the battery get's below 20% reduce the clock to 528MHZ

This will save the last battery charges and let the battery live for other 3-5 hours.

So over all.

keeping the swap partitions up to 64MB

and swappiness up to 30%

And propertly set of the setcpu profiles.

You can make your phone the 10 secs car from fast and furious.

Best regards

TOTI

If you want to make a simple script with which you can check the swappiness any time you want?

su
echo "cat /proc/sys/vm/swappiness" > /system/bin/swappy.txt
mv /system/swappy.txt /system/bin/swappy
chmod 755 /system/bin/swappy
[/codebox]

Now you can type swappy in your emulator and check the swappiness amount.

Guest Krinyo

Did You installed the new Skype app? I'm experienced reboots too, but after uninstalled this memory hog (this stupid app always loading itself into memory, even I killed it), my Pulse running OK again...

Krinyo

Guest naniteboy
I've added debug.sf.hw=1 line to my build.prop, but it caused lots of "application not responds [close|wait]"......

Is my CLASS 2 card the problem?

p.s. Could someone tell me how can I turn off the "boot jingle"?

Thanks

I've had the same problem - phone became so slow that it was a pain to even remove this option :)

Also running on standard SD that came with Pulse ... may be usefull info - running FLB1.7OC with 256MB ext3 for A2SD and 64MB swap partition (partitioned with ROMManager)and also JIT is enabled (LinPack reported even 4.865 once ;)) Without debug.sf.hw option things seem quite OK...

I've also set swappiness to 15 a2sd swappy (but not sure if that setting survives reboot - from some posts here!?)

EDIT: Ignore running fine :( Just checked the phone - I charged the battery to 100% before going to sleep (around 1 AM) and now it's down to 15%!!!??? And 1.7OC is on the phone for a few days now - first time I experienced such rapid drop - not even using the phone. My normal settings are active - WIFI always on, GPS enabled (but not active). Very odd.

I just wiped battery stats and dalvik cache and rebooted - will charge it again and see how it behaves then ... or do any of you have any idea why this could happed? Low room temp maybe even? :P

EDIT 2: This can not be right by any means - it's charging very very fast! It's on charger for 3 minutes and on 76% already ... hm ... WTF?

Edited by naniteboy

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
64MB swap partition (partitioned with ROMManager)

How did you manage to partition with ROMManager.

Tried to do that yesterday (went back from 1.7-oc to normal 1.7 because it did not perform for me) but could not find that option anywhere.

Guest DanWilson

Tried to do that yesterday (went back from 1.7-oc to normal 1.7 because it did not perform for me) but could not find that option anywhere.

Try AMON-RA. Or use something like gparted.

Guest InstantWater

Could someone tell me why music player starts when I start a video in xyplayer while my earphones plugged in. It makes me very angry. In this case I can watch movies only with built in speaker...

Thank you very much!

Edited by InstantWater

Guest naniteboy

There is an option under Utilities group - Partition SD card - it asks for the size of EXT partition, after that for swap partition and that's it - rebooted, partitioned and reformatted (warning: you will loose whole SD content)

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
There is an option under Utilities group - Partition SD card - it asks for the size of EXT partition, after that for swap partition and that's it - rebooted, partitioned and reformatted (warning: you will loose whole SD content)

Aha. Thought it could/should be done from Recovery.

Thnx ;)

Found it.

Try and do some swapping tonight.

See if it will make the Pulse even faster :)

Hey Guys! I am having a problem running A2SD and Swap i think... I followed Azurrens Guide, set swap size to 64 and ext2 to 1024.

But now when i type su A2SD check in the Terminal Emulator it says that "Ext partition is found but not mounted"!?? :)

"Your partition may be using an EXT4 partition..." Therefore also moving Dalvik to SD fails!

Enabling JIT seems to have worked by the way, as my Linpack Score is about 4,7, which doesnt seem too bad to me ;)

Can anyone of you please tell me what this not mounting means and what I can do to get sd mounted properly??

Hope i dont have to do the whole process again... I am trying to format and partition the sd again now and see if this helps..

Any thoughts or ideas are very appreciated!

Thanks in Advance!

Guest Otto222

I am the only one who are suffering from slow program exiting to home and frequent launcher crashing and restarting (like when explorer.exe chrashes in windows) when exiting programs? This was not so frequent in the Android 2.2 beta how come? Also I have noticed Ebuddy cannot run in the background without of frequent restarts. This was not a problem in 1.5,1.6, froyo etc. Only these FLB mods.

Guest der_peter

i love fibblesan´s work ... flb mod 1 and flb mod 2 needs a donate so i donate 5 EURO (iam form germany) - please continue and big big thank you for your rom´s !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest Simon O
Try AMON-RA. Or use something like gparted.

I found that the latest version of Clockwork Recovery has options for partitioning inside recovery. Anybody fancy bugging Koush on Twitter to see if he can update the Pulse recovery image to the latest version or having a go building it? I'll try it myself but I have a feeling that it'll need to be compiled. Maybe something Tom can do?

Guest lilim_ac

hi everyone.. been using 1.7 with 96mb swap and oc to 690mhz with jit enabled and swappiness 30 for several days.. very nice.. really fast.. quadrant show 284-298 and linpack 4.2-4.8.. only 1 reboot as far as i can remember..

the problem is:

everything's fine until i enable jit and swappiness to 30 then the booting time become so slow and a lot of fc in the beginning of the system entry. but after wait and or fc then it will run fast as normal.. but it will take around 3-5 minutes total for booting and lagging in fc.. anyone knows why??

Guest lilim_ac

one more dolphin browser always run out of memory!! it said "browser storage full" in the notification area. and when i try to make a record in livo recorder said that i ran out of memory. only 4xxx mb left whereas in the internal storage setting in settings it show 20mb! which data is less actually and how to solve this??

since i never experienced this in the froyo both tom g and flbmod2

Guest totiadrenalin
one more dolphin browser always run out of memory!! it said "browser storage full" in the notification area. and when i try to make a record in livo recorder said that i ran out of memory. only 4xxx mb left whereas in the internal storage setting in settings it show 20mb! which data is less actually and how to solve this??

runs out of ram memory???

Guest Richard_Arkless

How much space do you have on the sd card?

Hi! I've flashed 1.7 non-oc to the HUN rom, after that I installed vanilla framework, since then I can't install any apps - neither from file manager nor via adb.