[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest darkdevil1
Hi everybody

I used android 2.1 HU with flbmod 1.0. And i liked to update it. I put android 2.1 UK. Now when i turn on the phone with volume down and red key, i have only restart phone and wipe. How to install flbmod 1.7?

You didn't have to install the UK update if you already have the HU update and/or FLB mod 1.0.

You need to re-install the recovery image.

Guest philbean

Hi all

My first attempt at custom modding. Installed UK 2.1 update and then FLB 1.7

All seems to be working so far except Bluetooth.

It finds no devices and no device can find the pulse. I've searched back through the thread and a couple of people have said Bluetooth doesn't work with FLB but a lot more have said it does.

Is this a known bug? Is there a fix?

You didn't have to install the UK update if you already have the HU update and/or FLB mod 1.0.

You need to re-install the recovery image.

I think UK and HU version have different partition sizes. The UK version leaves 10MB more space for data. If you don't prefer to use a2sd, you would better to use the UK version. The question is: how? How can you go back from the HU version?

I have the same issues since my sd card always broke its partition table and from than you cannot boot.. :-(

When will be the next release with FLB? I will need to reinstall my phone but I can wait some days.

Thanks!

Just wanted to share results doing a reinstall from fresh 1.5 from carrier>Tre>FLB 1.7 oc + SD 8G Class 6 + Swap 128 + EXT3 1G + Swappy 45 + JIT + Apps2SD + Davilcache2SD

Vanilla, no apps installed = 75Mb free internal storage

75mb.th.jpg

Full install (apps/games/other crap/ over 40 apps + originals) = 68Mb free internal storage

68mb.th.jpg

Phone boot time 1 min, apps load time to full operational phone 2 min, but i never turn it off so no problem. 7 services 22Mb free.

snap20101017195711.png

Linapck Score 4.6 - 4.7 MFLOPS

snap20101017200758.png

Great ROM, thanks for all your work flibblesan.

Edited by KiSUAN

Sorry for the noob question, but it is my first time using/updating android. A friend gave me this phone and he has version FLB 1.6 installed and I want to update to 1.7

Can anyone tell me if I simply flash it by following the instructions or if I have to do something else (like put in a recovery image in first)?

Guest albicelestial

Hi everyone!

Probably this issue was already discussed in this thread, but I cannot found the discussion.

The issue is: when I switch to Only 2G Mode (Settings->Wireless->Mobile Network->2G only) phone cannot determine my location by wireless points (I assume CellID becomes incorrect or something like that). Sometimes it shows invalid location which was cached when i was in 3G mode, sometimes I got an error "Location could not be found".

Are there any solutions to fix that?

thanks.

Guest Coucquité
Is there a way to replace the ADW Launcher in FLB without getting it from the Market?

I have the same question how to create a flashable Zip to Update ADW launcher in FLB mod 1.7 because there is a new version ( 1.2 ) of ADW ... can anyone tell me how to create a flashable zip to update it ?

And can we install busybox in this rom ? is it compatible ?

Edited by Coucquité

Guest Schwertfish

I have no idea how to create a flashable zip, but I updated my version of ADW via adb:

adb remount

adb push ADW.Launcher_v1.2.0_eclair_cm_system_mdpi.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk

Seems to work fine so far.

Edited by Schwertfish

Guest Coucquité
I have no idea how to create a flashable zip, but I updated my version of ADW via adb:

adb remount

adb push ADW.Launcher_v1.2.0_eclair_cm_system_mdpi.apk /system/app/Launcher.apk

Seems to work fine so far.

Thank You I will try it.

And What about Busy box ?

In order to get Swap up and running, do I have to have a EXT3 partition or is EXT2 fine?

Be careful! I gave 64mb swap on my class 4 card. Very slow..

If you move dalvik cache to sd, you will have a lot of space (~70 megs) free on data partition. Using space for swap from data would be a dream! :-)

Guest rulerofkaos

If you move dalvik cache to sd, you will have a lot of space (~70 megs) free on data partition. Using space for swap from data would be a dream! :-)

Yeah, but killing your internal ROM with it not.

Guest DanWilson
Yeah, but killing your internal ROM with it not.

However, if plans are to buy a new phone, you could go ahead with it.

I could tell you how to do it, but I can't be bothered with complaints.

However, I'll tell you it uses a swapfile.swp

But I still use the SD.

However, if plans are to buy a new phone, you could go ahead with it.

I could tell you how to do it, but I can't be bothered with complaints.

However, I'll tell you it uses a swapfile.swp

But I still use the SD.

Thanks guys for the answers.

I didn't know that it also kills the internal rom - I guess that it is also an sd type. Pulse has a serious memory problem. Spending some more cents by Huawei for bigger memory would have made a killer phone (function/price).

I'm waiting for the MILESTONE2 to come, till that time I need a phone. :-)

I have a 2gb class 6 card, what would you recommend me setting swap to?

I have a 2gb class 6 card, what would you recommend me setting swap to?

I recommend to set to 32MB not more.

I haven't touched the default JIT configuration. I'm not sure if it would give any advantages. If anybody has experience with it please share!

Been putting it off, but I'll be giving the OC/Swap/JIT thing a go at the weekend. Just wondering whether having the phone using a2sd, swap and dalvik on sd is optimal (I have an 8Gb class 10 card - overkill I know). If I'm intent on using SWAP (to try and sort my missed text issues) would I be better using the internal storage for one or both of my apps and/or dalvik? I would have thought that using the card for 3 different things that aren't really meant to be there will create a bottleneck and problems. Or am I just being paranoid again?

Guest SirNuton

Hey there!

Can I use the TouchPalLanguages flashable zip from flb1.5 for 1.7?

If not, how can I get another Language working for TouchPal?

Thanks for help!