[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest spanner44
I used ADB to delete the old Vending.apk in system/app and pushed the new one to system/app with ADB, too.

Haven't done ADB yet, still quite new to all this, so looks like I will have to pass on this one for now.

Guest vibealite
:)

Formatting SYSTEM:...

Copying files...

E: Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 13: symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

Guest Shadow128

I've a problem with installing 1.7 FLB-Mod on my Pulse.

First i installed it over FLB 1.6, but after installing it ends in a boot loop.

After that i installed a fresh original 2.1 Firmware, wiped all data und installed the 1.7 again.

But it also ends in a boot loop.

Can anybody help me with that problem?

Guest Alcarne

I switched from Cyanogen because Barnacle wouldn't allow tethering with a password.

Now I have installed 1.7 OC 3 times and all I get from Barnacle is

shell-init: error retrieving current directory: getcwd: cannot access parent directories: permision denied

Why is this happening?

Also cannot install some apps from the market - like setCPU.

Edited by Alcarne

Guest totiadrenalin
I've a problem with installing 1.7 FLB-Mod on my Pulse.

First i installed it over FLB 1.6, but after installing it ends in a boot loop.

After that i installed a fresh original 2.1 Firmware, wiped all data und installed the 1.7 again.

But it also ends in a boot loop.

Can anybody help me with that problem?

If you use dta2sd and have to much applications on your ext partition, the problem is with out of memory in internal /data.

the dalvik-cache is two big.

connect the phone via pc, and while the phone is in boot loop, via adb:

adb shell

su

a2sd cachesdreset

that's it.

the phone will reboot once again

And you will and up with booting up and fully working android on your pulse.

:)

Best Regards

TOTI

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
(Jan M @ Jun 7 2010, 19:04) *

huh.gif

CODE

Formatting SYSTEM:...

Copying files...

E: Can't symlink /system/xbin/[

E:Failure at line 13: symlink busybox SYSTEM:xbin/[

Installation aborted.

Out of memory in system.

Free up some memory by deleting some apps from /system/app/ or moving them on /data/app/

you can use the terminal emulator application.

su

cp /system/app/Application.apk /data/app/

rm /system/app/Application.apk

#and

reboot

#at the end

Best Regards

TOTI

Guest totiadrenalin
Haven't done ADB yet, still quite new to all this, so looks like I will have to pass on this one for now.

Download the android SDK

and then unzip.

open the CMD-win or Terminal-Linx

cd /path_to_sdk-tools/

and then adb devices

you will be able to see your phone been connected like a device.

Avalible commands:

adb push

adb pull

adb shell

adb install

and e.t.c......

Hi, FLB mod worked great for my phone.

However my Android market disappeared, so it only says "Application is not installed on your phone."

Is it possible to manually install market or reinstall FLB mod?

I lost my nandroid backup so im pretty lost!

Hi

I have problem with my pulse. I use uk android 2.1 and 1.5 flbmob. Everytime when i close application that i used, adw launcher is restarting and touchscreen isn't working for 5-10seconds. Earlier i used flbmob 1.0 and hu android 2.1 without problems. I tried 1.7 flbmod i had those problem too.

Edit: I get a lot of FC on android.acore and adw launcher. And used app "SD Card Speed Tester" to that my card is class 4.

Apps are on sd card, dalvik cache is on internal memory.

Anyone with same problems or anyone with solution?

Edited by dobre

Guest SirNuton

Hey there!

How can i set LauncherPro as standard launcher in FLB? (I know, set it as default homescreen, but then i habe adw and launcher pro in memory, even with swap that seems to be laggy). I want to flash LauncherPro to boot sector (or whatever sector in system it belongs to) like it was some releases ago, when flibble provided the optional LauncherPro patch.

Some ideas? The path for the update zip or even an update zip?

Will i have to wipe?

Thanks!

sirnuton

Guest totiadrenalin
Hey there!

How can i set LauncherPro as standard launcher in FLB? (I know, set it as default homescreen, but then i habe adw and launcher pro in memory, even with swap that seems to be laggy). I want to flash LauncherPro to boot sector (or whatever sector in system it belongs to) like it was some releases ago, when flibble provided the optional LauncherPro patch.

Some ideas? The path for the update zip or even an update zip?

Will i have to wipe?

Thanks!

sirnuton

In terminal emulator

su

rm /system/app/AdwLauncher.apk

That's it.

Guest spanner44
In terminal emulator

su

That's it.

Out of interest, and this probably sounds stupid and obvious, is it okay to download another Launcher, such as Launcher Pro and run that instead for a while before deciding to ditch one of them. If so, how do you choose which Launcher to use ?

As I said I know it is probably obvious, but I would rather ask before doing it in case I do it wrong.

Also, on the subject, although it is just I imagine personal preference, is there any evidence that one is better, or less resorceful on the system than the other ?

Thanks in advance.

Guest totiadrenalin
Out of interest, and this probably sounds stupid and obvious, is it okay to download another Launcher, such as Launcher Pro and run that instead for a while before deciding to ditch one of them. If so, how do you choose which Launcher to use ?

As I said I know it is probably obvious, but I would rather ask before doing it in case I do it wrong.

Also, on the subject, although it is just I imagine personal preference, is there any evidence that one is better, or less resorceful on the system than the other ?

Thanks in advance.

Ok.

First of all.

There is option to keep the app in ram as foreground application.

I was meaning about the Launcher applications.

Well if you choose which one to bee your default launcher application after reboot the one you don't use won't stay in ram.

I didn't advice you to use Launcher pro.

I just tell you how to remove the adwlauncher from system if you don't want to use it anymore.

Sorry if you understand me that way.

Guest spanner44

Thanks, you answered my question, I was just not sure if you could put a different Launcher on instead of the other without messing the system up.

So if I understand correctly, it doesn't matter how many launchers you install, (I presume there is a choice on the market), once you pick a default launcher, that is the only one running and using the system resources, and the other unused launchers are just taking up Ram Space.

Guest totiadrenalin
Hi

I have problem with my pulse. I use uk android 2.1 and 1.5 flbmob. Everytime when i close application that i used, adw launcher is restarting and touchscreen isn't working for 5-10seconds. Earlier i used flbmob 1.0 and hu android 2.1 without problems. I tried 1.7 flbmod i had those problem too.

Edit: I get a lot of FC on android.acore and adw launcher. And used app "SD Card Speed Tester" to that my card is class 4.

Apps are on sd card, dalvik cache is on internal memory.

Anyone with same problems or anyone with solution?

Guys.

The problem is with a2sd.

If you move only the apps on sd, you won't get much FC, but if you move the dalvok-cache to sd?

Well this will depend of the sdcard.

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks, you answered my question, I was just not sure if you could put a different Launcher on instead of the other without messing the system up.

So if I understand correctly, it doesn't matter how many launchers you install, (I presume there is a choice on the market), once you pick a default launcher, that is the only one running and using the system resources, and the other unused launchers are just taking up Ram Space.

No the other Louncher apps just take memory in the internal storage.

Not the ram.

/data/app/ - place where the applications are stored

/data/dalvik-cache/ - the class files

and

/data/data/ - some lib files and the configurations.

Edited by totiadrenalin

Guest totiadrenalin
Guys.

The problem is with a2sd.

If you move only the apps on sd, you won't get much FC, but if you move the dalvok-cache to sd?

Well this will depend of the sdcard.

If you want to speed up your phone and still use a2sd?

Well use the OC kernel. with swap.

This is much better solution.

But I suggest you to use the SetCpu application and set it to some lower frequency.

614MhZ or something.

Guest Christian72D

Is it possible to delete the unwanted OGGs from alarms, notifications and ringtones directly in the ZIP befor i upgrade my phone?

There are MANY i would never use, so i could free up to 3MB.

What are the default files for alarms, notifications and ringtones? So i could replace them with my choice.

Guest totiadrenalin
Is it possible to delete the unwanted OGGs from alarms, notifications and ringtones directly in the ZIP befor i upgrade my phone?

There are MANY i would never use, so i could free up to 3MB.

What are the default files for alarms, notifications and ringtones? So i could replace them with my choice.

you can delete them via terminal emulator application or via adb.

terminal app

su

rm /system/media/alarms/*.ogg

and etc.

* is the name of the ogg you wont to remove.

same via adb

adb shell

-//-

and etc.

Guest Christian72D

I just installed the 1.6b and now i have a big problem: i canĀ“t install any program or update.

I always get a message that there is not enough memory.

Guest spanner44
In terminal emulator

su

That's it.

I have just tried to do this in the Terminal emulator, but after it returns rm failed for /system/app/AdwLauncher.apk, Read-only file system

Any ideas

Decided to flash v1.7 yesterday im finding it a little laggy also getting FC on launcher and Acore im not using any Swap just a2sd with dalvik cache on sd, it tends to take a little while to become stable from sleep.