[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
Flb is there no way you can make LauncherPro show up in the "downloaded" section of Market, so that we can get see when it's updated?

Maps shows up in downloaded-section, so why shouldn't you be able to make LauncherPro do so as well?

LauncherPro does show up in the market whenever a new version is released.

Guest Simon O
You are doing a great job mate, there is a new version of LauncherPro so guys...download it, rename it and replace the old one, any way after first FC massages the ROM is running smoothly expect that is a little slower then V3 but I moved Dalvik back on the device so will see how will perform

BTW Fbl I think you left something from the previous ROM because that's app's (LauncherPro, Market etc) who gives FC at the begging but after the reboot they are loading fine and everything is working fine

Cheers

it's possible. I'll need to look at it some more details next week.

And I made a mistake. This month is june not july ;)

Guest Pipe Merchant

The new 0.6 version of launcher pro came out today! I've installed it and it's working just as well as the previous version, and it's got some nifty new features too. Most importantly, it now has a "persist mode" so it will never get pushed out of memory!

Guest brack

in my case dalvik was on the sd and required repair, so I did repair and dalvik was moved to the device, now everything feels way faster.

Guest brack
I've added a big message about the issues with beta4 to the first page of the thread. I'm unable to work on the rom until after the 23rd July so I would advise people to go back to beta 3 if they are having problems. I need to spend time after the 23rd on finding the cause of the problem. Any help would be appreciated please, as I cannot replicate the errors myself.

In a nutshell the only changes between beta 3 and beta 4 are:

changed market fingerprint

updated google maps and market apps.

updated launcher pro

updated quick boot

replaced music app

replaced mms app

the most likely cause of the problem may be LauncherPro.

So could I please ask if you are experiencing errors with beta 4 please post with the following:

1) Did you do a full wipe of Data, dalvik and ext before installing?

2) Did you use any tools like Titanium Backup to restore any apps and settings?

3) Do the force closes reference a specific process? If so, please write the process in your post.

4) Do you have any issues relating to the messaging application?

Many thanks guys. It's not the easiest thing to work on a ROM alone and even harder when people are having issues I can't see myself. But I want to help people!

2) - this doesnt make sense since the fcs come up right after upgrade, there is no way you would be able to use titanium at that time. I had issues with titanium later on.

Guest goce.nakov
in my case dalvik was on the sd and required repair, so I did repair and dalvik was moved to the device, now everything feels way faster.

Yeah you are right, it was the same case with me.

Guest Zsolabola

I also had speed problems with beta3, then I've checked A2SD and it indicated a problem with Dalvik

I repaired it and now it's a lot faster than before

Guest Jan M
LauncherPro does show up in the market whenever a new version is released.

not for me...I don't think that /system/app's can be updated from the market.

Guest ak888
I also had speed problems with beta3, then I've checked A2SD and it indicated a problem with Dalvik

I repaired it and now it's a lot faster than before

How do you check A2SD for a problem?

Guest goce.nakov
new version v1.04 beta is not very good or what?

I see red words, but down see fix v1.04 beta.

Do I need to download or wait?

Well there is a little problems when you first boot up the phone, you will get a lot of FC, you have to remove the battery and reboot the phone, but after that it is OK.

For me it is a little slower then V3, it is up to you, do a backup and install V4 if you don't like it restore your back up

Guest milun

Can it be a problem with FC after boot with LAUNCHERPRO 0.6, because when I did update on launcer 0.6, occurred to me a few FC.

Then I turn off / on pulse and welcomed me speek ForceClose search

Guest brack
Can it be a problem with FC after boot with LAUNCHERPRO 0.6, because when I did update on launcer 0.6, occurred to me a few FC.

Then I turn off / on pulse and welcomed me speek ForceClose search

I have just rebooted my phone with launcher 0.6 and got "process system is not responding", right after that I got acore fc then I lost two installen programs - SwitchPro widget and Screen suite (weird) then I we got another acore fc. Well, maybe 0.6 is not right choice indeed? Can anyone else confirm this "misbehavior"?

Guest goce.nakov
I have just rebooted my phone with launcher 0.6 and got "process system is not responding", right after that I got acore fc then I lost two installen programs - SwitchPro widget and Screen suite (weird) then I we got another acore fc. Well, maybe 0.6 is not right choice indeed? Can anyone else confirm this "misbehavior"?

nothing like that is happening to me.....I just renamed LauncherPro to Launcher.apk and replaced the old one thru RootExplorer.

Guest brack

Question to flibblesan: why did you choose LauncherPro over ADW? ADW looks almost the same, and has also nice animated programs list and other stuff that Launcher has, maybe you can try ADW in one of your next releases?

Guest le_lutin
Question to flibblesan: why did you choose LauncherPro over ADW? ADW looks almost the same, and has also nice animated programs list and other stuff that Launcher has, maybe you can try ADW in one of your next releases?

In my opinion, LauncherPro is the best launcher out there (i've tried ADW).

Why don't you just install ADW if you want to use it?

Guest myface

As the R7B, can't add the emotionwidget on the table,and it seems adding the "widget_info.jar"&"widget_multimedia.jar" into the framework doesn't work. Any other solutions?

Guest brack
nothing like that is happening to me.....I just renamed LauncherPro to Launcher.apk and replaced the old one thru RootExplorer.

can you give more precise directions? like where is the 0.6 located? I know where to put Launcher.apk Also do you need to do anything else? Like install it or simply replace and reboot? and what did you do with the original 0.6? just removed it?

Guest brack
In my opinion, LauncherPro is the best launcher out there (i've tried ADW).

Why don't you just install ADW if you want to use it?

its not that I prefere that over this, but wanted to know opinions... as well as reasons

Guest goce.nakov
can you give more precise directions? like where is the 0.6 located? I know where to put Launcher.apk Also do you need to do anything else? Like install it or simply replace and reboot? and what did you do with the original 0.6? just removed it?

I'v downloaded the apk from www.launcherpro.com

Rename it to Launcher.apk

Push/Replace thru RootExplorer in to system/app

Don't need reboot or something like that, the system is recognizing the new version buy default.

If you experience some slow downs reboot the phone

That's all

Guest bindi
I'v downloaded the apk from www.launcherpro.com

Rename it to Launcher.apk

Push/Replace thru RootExplorer in to system/app

Don't need reboot or something like that, the system is recognizing the new version buy default.

If you experience some slow downs reboot the phone

That's all

And delete old "Launcher.odex" as well I think!

Guest daimon

I have the same problem !

i have microSD 4GB , formated swap 0 ext2 1024MB and rest FAT

wipe all and i install v1.0 beta 4

after first reboot it apears voice search error (voice search from process com.google.android.voicesearch not respondig ) and process com.google.android stop respondig ,

i remove the batery, but that`s not helped.. same error

i wipe again and flash v1.0 beta 3

after first reboot same error !

dunno wat to do ... i try all version of ROM , and they show me the same error !

any advice?

*sory for my bad english

Guest timraats84

Just chiming in on the Beta 4 issues: could it have something to do with A2SD?

I came from MCR 1.7. Updated to official 2.1 following the guide on this forum. Installed Amon-Ra, Nandroid, wipe.

I didn't partition my SD-card and went straight to FLB beta 4. I haven't had any issues with it at all, in fact, initial impressions after 24 hours seem more stable than MCR 1.7.

Hope this helps! Great job on the ROM by the way, a breath of fresh air blowing through my Pulse!