[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest totiadrenalin
does anyone have the OC kernel so i can flash that over my current FLB 1.7?

or can i flash the whole FLB 1.7 oc.zip without wipe?

On the first page of this thread.

Guest totiadrenalin
I have just tried to do this in the Terminal emulator, but after it returns rm failed for /system/app/AdwLauncher.apk, Read-only file system

Any ideas

First type

mount /system -o remount,rw

and when you finish with removing type:

mount /system -o remount,ro

This will mount the system with read write permissions so you will be able to change things in /system/

And mount back as Read Only when you finish changing things in /system/

Guest spanner44
First type

mount /system -o remount,rw

and when you finish with removing type:

mount /system -o remount,ro

This will mount the system with read write permissions so you will be able to change things in /system/

And mount back as Read Only when you finish changing things in /system/

Thanks for that, but I have now taken the plunge into CM6, although having problems with the market, downloads and resets, but ???

thanks once again.

Guest totiadrenalin
Thanks for that, but I have now taken the plunge into CM6, although having problems with the market, downloads and resets, but ???

thanks once again.

Fisrt of All.

I really appreciate the work of flibble, but Froyo is Froyo.

Also I love the flbmod.

A little suggestions about the CM6.

First:

This not only one of the best roms until now, But the best at all.

First of all this is froyo, and fully functional.

You will still able to use dta2sd with no problems, but for your own good use the gapps from the first page of this thread. there's some problem with the new gapps.

it gives reboot when you try to install some app on the phone.

Second:

You are still able to use the swap, beside compcache.

Third:

Also there is overclocked kernel up to 710MhZ.

You have new CyanogenMod Settings

Which means that you have a lot more of new exciting settings and configuration.

To setup your phone to look and work like you want to.

Also the touchpal keyboard is able to be installed to.

But still some bugs are present.

Like:

If you want to take multishuts with the camera you will have to set the resolution to UXGA - 2MP.

Also there's no Front camera.

The adobe flash player app Might could work. - I'm not responsible if this doesn't work - I haven't test this yet.

Also the wifi mac address isn't correct.

But still everything else is working just perfectly.

And Not that I don't like the flbmod.

In fact I love it, but just this is eclair.

But froyo will be the end of OS upgrades for our beloved Pulse.

The CPU freq is simply to low, also the ram memory amount is to low.

So no further updates.

Froyo will be the last upgrade for this phone.

Best regards

TOTI

Guest AntonioPT
You are right. :rolleyes:

But there is still a problem:

Your phone already runs 'a2sd' on boot, so when it says 'device busy' it's just saying that swap was already activated... To check the status of your a2sd, you should run 'a2sd check' :huh:

Had to go back to Flb-mod v1.6b as I was getting to many FC's mainly when backing out of an app, example is dialing a number or making a call id get a FC after call or when going back to home page, same with Gmail and a few other apps, android.process.acore was one of the main FC's I was getting and the rom just ran too slow compared to your other roms.

Hoping we get a Froyo FLB-MOD rom.

in FLB-Mod 1.7oc i can't receve service-SMS (for some applications installed needed) from my provider with jit enabled (a2sd jit).

with a2sd nojit - all ok.

FLB-Mod 1.6 - all working correctly (with & without jit)

any ideas?

Guest Simon O
You are right. :rolleyes:

But there is still a problem:

SAM_3592.JPG

The only thing I see is regarding swap which A2SD will enable on boot by default. Use an app like Quick System Info to check the status of A2SD & swap.

Guest Simon O
in FLB-Mod 1.7oc i can't receve service-SMS (for some applications installed needed) from my provider with jit enabled (a2sd jit).

with a2sd nojit - all ok.

FLB-Mod 1.6 - all working correctly (with & without jit)

any ideas?

It could be an issue caused by the custom kernel. To be honest if you don't want to overclock then stick with 1.6

Guest theonewhoknowstorock

hi there,

first of all thx flibblesan for all the good work, just bought a pulse, updated it on 2.1, then set up the flb mod 1.7 (incl. terminate fix & fix1), everything is working fast and fine.

just one issue i'm not certain about on what end the bug is: certain apps (such as tupalo and vplayer) i can't find in the market. i can find them on affiliated sites like appbrain but when i click on the download it's 'item not found'.

any ideas?

edit: oh, and i found and installed them with just the regular 2.1 update (UK)

Edited by theonewhoknowstorock

Guest carlos raul g

flbmod.png

I love all the work that people have been doing with the 2.1 ROMs. What I don't like is the amount of rubbish that T-Mobile/Huawei etc decided to put into the ROMs making our phones slower than they should be. So for the last few days I've been working on a vanilla ROM for my own personal use, but I'm uploading it for others to try and give feedback on.

So here is FLB mod based on the Huawei 2.1 ROMs with a heck of a lot of changes and fixes.

Before you do anything please read this guide.

** IMPORTANT ** The official T-Mobile UK 2.1 update changes the partition sizes of your device. The system partition will be 10MB smaller than both the Hungarian and Tre 2.1 ROMs, but the Data partition will be larger. New versions of FLB will fit the new partition sizes.

EUROPEAN USERS: Users that updated using the Tre 2.1 ROM or the Hungarian 2.1 ROM do not have to update to UK 2.1 in order to use FLB-Mod. I have ensured that the ROM works for all 2.1 users but you are advised to update using the Tre or the UK ROM as these are non-beta and upgrade firmware on your phone. Using the UK 2.1 or Tre ROM on your device will fix a lot of the issues caused by the HU ROM.

LATIN AMERICA USERS: Updating your device using the T-Mobile HU, T-Mobile UK, or Tre updates will break 3G on your device. You can fix this by downgrading your phone back to 1.5 then installing your native 1.5 firmware, and finally updating to 2.1 using the new Venezuela Movilnet 2.1 ROM. This will update your phone to support the different 3G bands used in Latin America. You can get this from this link directly.

OTHER COUNTRIES: Update your device using your local 2.1 ROM if available. If you do not have such a ROM then you can use any of the current 2.1 ROMs to update your device.

This ROM is a work in progress. Whilst it is stable on my U8220 Pulse, I cannot gurantee that it will be stable for you. Please test at your own risk and take care. The ROM does not change any hardware.

Remember to backup your device from recovery with Nandroid then do a FULL Data wipe, Dalvik wipe and wipe ext2 if you have one.

Please DO NOT use the options inside recovery related to A2SD. These only worked with an old version of A2SD and can seriously break your phone if you use these options with FLB-MOD

If you have ANY issues with constant force closes, freezing, corrupted configuration files, incorrect permissions etc then you WILL need to do a full wipe within recovery and install the ROM again!

Requirements:

You must have updated your device to Android 2.1 officially first. You can do this with the T-Mobile UK 2.1 update or any other 2.1 update, with ClockworkMod Recovery installed second. FLB-Mod takes advantage of the new partition sizes as well as updated hardware firmware to function. It will not fit on 1.5 partition sizes.

Credits:

Other tweaks from this thread

A2SD script by Darktremor

You are totally allowed to make your own variation of this ROM. Feel free to tweak/customize/improve upon this ROM and release back to the community!

If you like the MOD, please donate :rolleyes:

btn_donateCC_LG.gif

List of donators removed due to request.

Please do not send me or any other users on the forum questions related to scripts, programs or roms they have created by private message.

All questions must be asked in the forum threads for the benefit of all other users and I consider it rude to receive a private message from people who clearly cannot be bothered reading threads, using the search or even reading instructions.

Guest carlos raul g

What bands does the upgraded ROM support?

I got a used pulse to play with here in Costa Rica, but the only local 3G band runs over the 850, not 900....

Gracias

Hi

This question is to those who are from Macedonia:

I have installed flbmod 1.7 and now i cannot connect to t-mobile internet. I've created new apn according to t-mobile mk site and still don't have internet. Anyone?

EDIT: I used this: http://android.modaco.com/content-page/317...lounge/page/40/ and now i have the internet :rolleyes:

Edited by dobre

Guest yunzhiyue
Hi

This question is to those who are from Macedonia:

I have installed flbmod 1.7 and now i cannot connect to t-mobile internet. I've created new apn according to t-mobile mk site and still don't have internet. Anyone?

flibblesan Don't do U8220 rom Too bad :rolleyes:

Edited by yunzhiyue

Guest der_peter

Hi Flibblesan,

can you tell me how can i update the ADW Launcher (?Stock?) App in your FLB MOD 1.7 (non OC)? I saw that v1.2.0 standalone is online and in your mod it is v1.1.5.

I hope there is a bit more performance and features in the new version.

Greetings,

d_p

Hi Flibblesan,

can you tell me how can i update the ADW Launcher (?Stock?) App in your FLB MOD 1.7 (non OC)? I saw that v1.2.0 standalone is online and in your mod it is v1.1.5.

I hope there is a bit more performance and features in the new version.

Greetings,

d_p

You need the flashable zip version which replaces the existing launcher. Once you have that you can flash it from recovery menu.

Guest Weirdo109

I've just instaled the 1.7 rom and am very pleased with it.

Had the pulse for some time so will take a bit of getting used to the new layout and style.

I'm not sure about the swap though, is it now part of the ROM or do I still have to do the part as per the guide SWAP guide

It's the main reason I finally changed as I'm fed up not being able to install.

The trouble is there are so many guides and bits of info it gets a little perplexing.

Pulse is drivin me crazy....for example i see a lot of processes in quick system info....i don't know is a2sd working properly, swap too.....please help...

here is some screenshots from quick system info, can you tell something from them, is this ok?

snap20101120154929.pngsnap20101120154956.pngsnap20101120155004.png

one more thing, do i need to move dalvik cache to sd card? (a2sd+)

Edited by toncek