[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest bindi
Yes

Yes...see this comment from FLB...

QUOTE(flibblesan @ Jun 12 2010, 03:17) *

I should hope it's stable laugh.gif

BTW launcherpro has been updated. Android Market will most likely tell you an upgrade is available. If you upgrade then you'll end up with two launcherpros on the system.

So head on over to http://www.launcherpro.com/ and download the latest, rename it to Launcher.apk and push it to /system/app/ using ADB or using Root Explorer. Android should unload the original from memory and load in this newer version. You will also need to delete Launcher.odex from the phone

CODE

adb shell rm /system/app/Launcher.odex

Guest brack
Just chiming in on the Beta 4 issues: could it have something to do with A2SD?

I came from MCR 1.7. Updated to official 2.1 following the guide on this forum. Installed Amon-Ra, Nandroid, wipe.

I didn't partition my SD-card and went straight to FLB beta 4. I haven't had any issues with it at all, in fact, initial impressions after 24 hours seem more stable than MCR 1.7.

Hope this helps! Great job on the ROM by the way, a breath of fresh air blowing through my Pulse!

I also think it's a2sd related problem: In one of the posts here I already mentioned that I had to repair a2sd, so, after each reboot I have to repeat the process and I get one or two fcs before I do repair - that means every boot. Backed up everything and reverse to beta3 now. Not frustrated though, it is beta, besides, I really liked the rom.

Guest brack
Yes...see this comment from FLB...

QUOTE(flibblesan @ Jun 12 2010, 03:17) *

I should hope it's stable laugh.gif

BTW launcherpro has been updated. Android Market will most likely tell you an upgrade is available. If you upgrade then you'll end up with two launcherpros on the system.

So head on over to http://www.launcherpro.com/ and download the latest, rename it to Launcher.apk and push it to /system/app/ using ADB or using Root Explorer. Android should unload the original from memory and load in this newer version. You will also need to delete Launcher.odex from the phone

CODE

adb shell rm /system/app/Launcher.odex

Weird thing, I dont see Luncher.obex file in my /system/app

Guest goce.nakov
Weird thing, I dont see Luncher.obex file in my /system/app

I thing Fbl removed the odex file when he put the 0.5.4 version inside

Guest bindi

Regarding updating launcher.apk:

I just deleted old launcher.apk and launcher.odex from the \system\app and replaced it with new v0.6 as launcher.apk. I got all sorts of FCs. Since then I have rebooted 4 times and still getting one extra error then from past with FLB beta 3 ROM...Errors are "voice serach" and "android process". With older version of launcher.apk and FLB beta 3 I used to get only voice search. Anyone else noticed this? Is it because of .odex file or something else?

Guest Simon O
I thing Fbl removed the odex file when he put the 0.5.4 version inside

Yes, I did. It was a stupid decision by me to deodex LauncherPro as it meant updates broke.

Guest brack

Hmm, I have Titanium Backup donation version, and it pretends that it works fine, but there are no things actually restored. I have removed license file and see that whenever I try to restore anything there is an error message about "problem to parse the package" for every single package backed up. This must be something related to the ROM, but what could it be? I tried to restore backups that I have made on the same version of FLB rom.

Guest goce.nakov
Ok thanks

Shall I try to replace it ?

Some of us complaining about this

I dont have any problems with new version of Launcher, but some ppl do have, so it is up to you.

Guest Zsolabola
I dont have any problems with new version of Launcher, but some ppl do have, so it is up to you.

I did it thanks No problem at all for now ;)

Guest Minus616

Does anybody know if there is a way to change the black clock to a white clock?

I want to use this rom but I prefer a black status bar, so I kind of need a white clock ;)

Guest daimon

i formated my sd on fat32 (not use anymore a2sd ), wipe all , flashed v1.0 beta 4 ROM

after boot , same error "voice search" and "android process"

i thought the reason is a2sd ..but seems is not because i received same error even if i not use a2sd !

i flash even r7 WIP pre-release and got the same error....

what i`m doing wrong ?

Edited by daimon

Guest goce.nakov
As for just renaming LauncherPro and pushing it to /system, read this ;)

All of that it is true but......

Sense default launcher it is removed from this ROM before compiling and signing the ROM and Flb put ed in LauncherPro as default launcher (compile and signed) so if you download and install another LauncherPro from the market you will end up having 2 LauncherPro app's (because LauncherPro.apk is Launcher.apk in our case)

That's why in case of this ROM it is better just to push and replace the Launcher in system/app folder.

Guest whackster

You are missing the point, to completely replace the default launcher, the UID has to be modified. No one is saying that renaming the apk doesn't work, but you are not getting all the benefits from having a system launcher with the correct UID.

Guest mapero
in my case dalvik was on the sd and required repair, so I did repair and dalvik was moved to the device, now everything feels way faster.

I did this, but after a restart of the phone. dalvik is back to sd and requires a repair again.

Any idea?

Edit: i found out, that there are three Scripts in Beta4 (in system/etc/init.d) which are not in Beta3 ! Could this be the problem with dalvik cache???

Edit2:I deleted them (02cachedalvikcache, 40a2sd, 99complete), a2sd working fine now.

Edited by mapero

Guest brack
I did this, but after a restart of the phone. dalvik is back to sd and requires a repair again.

Any idea?

Edit: i found out, that there are three Scripts in Beta4 (in system/etc/init.d) which are not in Beta3 ! Could this be the problem with dalvik cache???

Edit2:I deleted them (02cachedalvikcache, 40a2sd, 99complete), a2sd working fine now.

It didnt work on beta4 but it worked on beta3 which also had this issue -

I have repaired a2sd, then I have changed Dalvik's location to sd and then back to device. Now, when I reload, dalvik stays on device (so far)

Guest brack

I made my Titanium Backup working! The message at the first start of titanium is not there for nothing, it actually helped! After reinstalling Titanium I have pressed "Problems" button and replaced busybox with suggested version after doing that all backups and restores are smooth except for system data like contacts and messages, but then I cannot backup/restore contacts even with sprite backup, something wrong with the contacts software it doesnt save contacts in proper format or it doesnt restore them properly. I have to use internal contact backup system to backup contacts.

I made my Titanium Backup working! The message at the first start of titanium is not there for nothing, it actually helped! After reinstalling Titanium I have pressed "Problems" button and replaced busybox with suggested version after doing that all backups and restores are smooth except for system data like contacts and messages, but then I cannot backup/restore contacts even with sprite backup, something wrong with the contacts software it doesnt save contacts in proper format or it doesnt restore them properly. I have to use internal contact backup system to backup contacts.

How do you backup you messages with Titanium?

Oh, nevermind, I read this wrong.

How can I backup my SMS-messages? D:

Edited by Guest

Guest brack
How do you backup you messages with Titanium?

Oh, nevermind, I read this wrong.

How can I backup my SMS-messages? D:

I dont remember the source but if you google for it you will find; there are things called "system data" and some of that data have prefixes [CONTACTS] or [sMS/MMS/...(Something else)] and backing up and restoring them should backup and restore actual dada. However, I might be mistaken, and titanium cannot backup SMSs and Contacts, but the problem with backup/restore contacts with Sprite Backup is something that I experience only with different "Vanilla" based ROMs. I didnt have that problem with Paul's MCR 1.7 and I can still restore that backup to 2.1 vanilla, however, it doesnt work if I backup/restore in FLB ROM as well as Oscillation ROM and all clones of it. It was working fine inside of Paul's WIP ROM but then I cannot restore contacts from WIP to Oscillation (weird). Well, I think it is a little off-topic

Guest Simon O

Any idea?

Ah crap, yes I know. Those are the old a2sd files... I have no idea why I even added them back in ;)

Edited by flibblesan

Guest demetr1os

Hello to everybody, I Just installed your Rom and it is really fast. Only when i reboot my phone it gives me an FC of the google search voice. But I can leave with that...;)

I would like to ask you something else, there is any way to over clocking the pulse??? and if Yes How???

Thanks in advance

Guest brack
Hello to everybody, I Just installed your Rom and it is really fast. Only when i reboot my phone it gives me an FC of the google search voice. But I can leave with that...;)

I would like to ask you something else, there is any way to over clocking the pulse??? and if Yes How???

Thanks in advance

Try setcpu it might help but it is not actual over clocking. Any way see if you like it.