[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen
Update available. Keeping the vanilla framework but provided a modified espresso theme for those that want it.

Downloading Beta3 as I type.

Just a question about updating from Beta 1 or 2 to Beta 3.

Should we do a complete wipe or is it an update?!

BTW: Keep up the good work. It looks and works great. :)

Guest Dave Blencowe

New version, 1 hour after I install beta 2 >_> lol.

Can't see Shopsavvy app in the market, does this mean that the market fix isn't working properly?

Dave,

Guest mojobrethen

hi ive been useing v1.0 beta 2 for the past 48 hours and not had any problems with it its an awesome rom thanks m8 :)

Guest JohnPorter

This looks interesting, may try it later and see how it goes.

How does Launcher Pro compare to the default home app, Canvas? I must admit grown to like Canvas!

Guest robot1000

How does Launcher Pro compare to the default home app, Canvas? I must admit grown to like Canvas!

So much better

Guest bounty123

LauncherPro is 52 times better than canvas. And thats an objective assessment :)

Guest bounty123
Beta3 is totally unusable for me.I just het constant acore force closes.

Did you wipe everything before the update?

Guest biron_w
Did you wipe everything before the update?

Do you have to when going from beta2 to beta3?I went from beta1 to beta2 with no wipe and it worked fine.

Guest tomjo7

Beta3 didn't work for me this morning either. Looked like it installed fine but on reboot it got stuck on the android loading page for half an hour, had to revert back to beta2 for now. Hope it works in beta4! :)

Guest Simon O
Do you have to when going from beta2 to beta3?I went from beta1 to beta2 with no wipe and it worked fine.

Yes, a wipe is needed. Often or not I'm making changes to the system which mean that various caches on /data will no longer be valid, causing acore errors. Always wipe unless I release an update that doesn't change any core system files. I will mention that if I do.

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Simon O
New version, 1 hour after I install beta 2 >_> lol.

Can't see Shopsavvy app in the market, does this mean that the market fix isn't working properly?

Dave,

I've never found Shopsavvy in the market. I just download it from the website instead. http://www.biggu.com/apps/shopsavvy-android/

Beta3 didn't work for me this morning either. Looked like it installed fine but on reboot it got stuck on the android loading page for half an hour, had to revert back to beta2 for now. Hope it works in beta4! :)

Did you do a full wipe?

Sounds interesting. What is the issue with the contacts?

Some people reported force closes when selecting the call icon on a contact.

---------

Just a small update. I've been running beta3 on my phone now for the last 10 hours and I've still got 92% battery life left and phone is stable and running smoothly. Can't say the same about the original T-Mobile ROM!

Edited by flibblesan

Guest Richard van Nieuwenhuizen

Installed Beta 3 a few minutes ago.

Dialer App feels better (for me anyway).

However I already had several messages that AppLauncherPro was not responding.

I just clicked 'wait' and it continued to work.

But did not have this with the Beta 2.

Did a complete wipe off all settings / cache / and ext filesystem

Guest Simon O

I had that issue with LauncherPro a couple of times also. Looking at the logs it seems that the phone is desperately trying to free more memory up (not surprising given we only have 100MB to play with). It's possible that the local.prop tweak is causing this problem but I need to look into it some more.

If anybody could post some logs related to this issue, please do as it will help me immensely.

Guest bounty123

It can be tested runtime easily, just do a 'setprop ro.HOME_APP_ADJ=4' and it's at the default again and you can see if that's what causes your launcher problems.

The 1 setting still allows the system to close the home app though, it just gets higher priority.

I never had any problems with 1, using it for 6 months, no problems with 2.1 rom either.

Edited by bounty123

Guest darkdevil1

Can't seem to get the latest beta working.. full wipe, flashed, flashed espresso, but it still seems to be stuck on a boot-loop. Tried re-doing it several times...do I need to reformat my SD?

Edited by darkdevil1

Guest Simon O
I cant use Bettercut with LauncherPro... :)

Yeah that's because launcherpro is set to be the launcherpro I believe.

Free space on data is about 56mb due to the language packs. They can be removed.

Guest naniteboy
Free space on data is about 56mb due to the language packs. They can be removed.

Finally found time to try this ROM (coming from r7 WIP; standard T-Mobile Pulse U8220) and I did it directly (didn't reflash HU 2.1 UPDATE.APP):

0 restart into AmonRA

1 nandroid backup

2 wipe everything there is to wipe

3 flashed beta3 ROM

4 immediatelly (without even rebooting after ROM flash) flashed new framework

5 rebooted and voila...runs...

I had few FC's on Settings, but after another reboot (as I expected) it works like a charm - so far, so good ...

I'll test it for a few days before setting it completelly up for my needs!

But all in all ... looks good (no more pink stuff), runs really fast, doesn't lockup, Market shows everything I search for...

And you left TouchPal in the ROM :)

Great job!!

Edited by naniteboy