[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest Simon O
I did dial 352663(flbmod) :(

lol

By the way did you mod the Contacts.apk yourself? I like it but I don't like the background. Also one thing I liked about the stock dialer I added to 1.2 is that it set itself full screen which is cool. the modded one doesn't do that :(

Guest ogiogi
By the way did you mod the Contacts.apk yourself? I like it but I don't like the background. Also one thing I liked about the stock dialer I added to 1.2 is that it set itself full screen which is cool. the modded one doesn't do that :(

This is the original contacts.apk from the ultra espresso theme. I didn't notice the full screen :( and the background can be changed or removed

Guest Simon O
This is the original contacts.apk from the ultra espresso theme. I didn't notice the full screen :( and the background can be changed or removed

Ok found how to edit it. It's in AndroidManifest.xml

<application android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:label="@string/contactsList" android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher_contacts" android:process="android.process.acore" android:taskAffinity="android.task.contacts">

Hm, can't unpack the apk using apktool. Gives an error about one image file and it won't build :(

Edited by flibblesan

Guest bratfink

With tre. I am using the tethering app not barnacle and the log says tethering running but my other phone + laptop both cannot see it!

Guest ogiogi
Ok found how to edit it. It's in AndroidManifest.xml

<application android:theme="@android:style/Theme.NoTitleBar.Fullscreen" android:label="@string/contactsList" android:icon="@drawable/ic_launcher_contacts" android:process="android.process.acore" android:taskAffinity="android.task.contacts">

background -> custom_background_dialer.png in \res\drawable-mdpi-finger

Guest Simon O
With tre. I am using the tethering app not barnacle and the log says tethering running but my other phone + laptop both cannot see it!

Install Barnacle and see if that works please.

Guest Simon O
Tre ROM stuck on Huawei boot screen (red one)

For how long did you leave it? First boot will take several minutes. You can check the logs with ddms to see if it's booting or stuck in a boot loop.

Guest Simon O
background -> custom_background_dialer.png in \res\drawable-mdpi-finger

Found the background but I'm trying to make it go full screen. I found the line in the manifest to do it but I can't recompile the apk once edited.

Guest dodge-167
For how long did you leave it? First boot will take several minutes. You can check the logs with ddms to see if it's booting or stuck in a boot loop.

I leave it for 3-4 minutes but then the huawei boot restart...And i dont know what is ddms :(

Edited by dodge-167

Guest ogiogi
Found the background but I'm trying to make it go full screen. I found the line in the manifest to do it but I can't recompile the apk once edited.

Yeap. Got the errors too. And the original contacts.apk FC's with the modded files.

Guest dodge-167

Im trying tmo ROM now...

copying files...

E:Cant chow/mod /data/a2sd

(no such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 11:

set_perm 0 0 0777 DATA:a2sd

Installation aborted

:(

Edited by dodge-167

Guest Simon O
Barnacle is pre installed but errors when trying to start the tether. I really need this to work :(

But you said you are using the Tre rom so which is it? Barnacle is provided in the TMO rom and I'm going to add this to the Tre rom also as it's clear the alternative wifi tether doesn't work.

If you can't wait just download this zip, extract and install it on your phone. Copy to SD, use astro to find it and install.

net.szym.barnacle.zip

Guest alex.tvr
Barnacle is pre installed but errors when trying to start the tether. I really need this to work :(

I had trouble getting it to work, but it seemed to fix itself eventually!! There was an upgrade for it recently, that also seemed to help. Basically I tried restarting the program on several occasions, with a reboot thrown in for good measure :(

Official HU update, FLB-Mod 2.1.

Guest Simon O
Im trying tmo ROM now...

copying files...

E:Cant chow/mod /data/a2sd

(no such file or directory)

E:Failure at line 11:

set_perm 0 0 0777 DATA:a2sd

Installation aborted

:(

Ok I'll have to upload them again. That's a good reason why I hate amon_ra recovery. It fails on stupid errors.

Guest dodge-167
Ok I'll have to upload them again. That's a good reason why I hate amon_ra recovery. It fails on stupid errors.

Then should i install your clock-something recovery? :(

Edited by dodge-167

Guest Simon O
Then should i install your clock-something recovery? :(

Can do if you want to.

Anyway both the roms have errors in the installation process caused by the update to a2sd. I've fixed it, upgraded barnacle in both and I'll re-upload them now. Will be done within the hour. Slow upload :(

Guest dodge-167
Can do if you want to.

Anyway both the roms have errors in the installation process caused by the update to a2sd. I've fixed it, upgraded barnacle in both and I'll re-upload them now. Will be done within the hour. Slow upload :(

Ok, no problem, i can wait... :(

But can i install clockwork recovery after i install 1.2 update?

Guest Simon O
Ok, no problem, i can wait... :(

But can i install clockwork recovery after i install 1.2 update?

Yes, you can do.

Should be uploaded in 30minutes.