[ROM] FLB-Mod 1 (Based on Android 2.1)

Guest Simon O

Guest rulerofkaos
thanks for that - care to explain how? Not quite a noob but i like a bit of help B)

Here are some infos

http://developer.android.com/guide/developing/tools/adb.html

You need the android sdk for it, connect phone with pc, open teminal on the pc, start adb shell in /[...]sdk/tools and you have the same shell as you get when you use teminal emulator. So you can search the terminal.apk, delete it and install new with adb push. Details under the link. If you know a little bit about linux shell it should be easy. To mount /system you need to type adb remount.

Edited by rulerofkaos

Guest skycatcher
If you are running FLB 1.7 then fib has already posted a small fix for the terminal application - go to the first page.

yea missed that - flashed it and all sorted B)

Guest Weirdo109

After getting frustrated with the lag and force closes on the launcher and other running apps, I decided to swap my stock pulse supplied SD card to a 8gb HC card.

I copied all my files off the original card to desktop, put new SD in and formated it then put it into phone and partitioned as in the guide. Then copied files back across and the turned the phone on. Most of the apps and even some of the original seem to now be missing.

Is there a quick and easy way to reset the phone to the original FLB 1.7 so I can start again. Can I simply copy the rom back to the SD card and re-install or is there a better way.

Guest SavvyLogic
After getting frustrated with the lag and force closes on the launcher and other running apps, I decided to swap my stock pulse supplied SD card to a 8gb HC card.

I copied all my files off the original card to desktop, put new SD in and formated it then put it into phone and partitioned as in the guide. Then copied files back across and the turned the phone on. Most of the apps and even some of the original seem to now be missing.

Is there a quick and easy way to reset the phone to the original FLB 1.7 so I can start again. Can I simply copy the rom back to the SD card and re-install or is there a better way.

The force closures and lag on the ROM can be almost completely eliminated by changing a setting of adwlauncher. Under ADWSettings --> System Preferences -->Wallpaper Hack (Uncheck this). ROM is very smooth after this change and I haven't had FCs since.

Guest ViPaSoft
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I've just installed FLB-Mod 1 on my T-mobile pulse and I don't seem to be able to send picture messages.

I have used the t-mobile site and ran through the set-up section for my phone and have received the message saying that picture messaging has been set up as I could see the T-Mobile picture confirming this, (at least I can receive them from T-Mobile).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Vince...

Can anyone help?

Guest Weirdo109
The force closures and lag on the ROM can be almost completely eliminated by changing a setting of adwlauncher. Under ADWSettings --> System Preferences -->Wallpaper Hack (Uncheck this). ROM is very smooth after this change and I haven't had FCs since.

Wasn't aware of the ADWSettings. Found it by pressing menu on home screen.

I changed the settings as you said as I pressed the back button to get to the home screen it came up with a FC message.

I'll keep the setting and see how it goes.

I was too impatient after my post as the phone was unusable, so I just loaded the FLB 1.7 rom back on and re-installed, all worked fine.

Still really don't get the point of A2SD if it doesn't work. Not one app went to the SD and internal memory just filled up, only thing it seemed to do was give me an additional 30mb internal memory.

I've just can't seem to find a definitive thread or guide that shows how to set it up and get it working to use the full amount of allocated space on the SD card. If indeed that’s what it's intended to do.

Guest exitium
Wasn't aware of the ADWSettings. Found it by pressing menu on home screen.

I changed the settings as you said as I pressed the back button to get to the home screen it came up with a FC message.

I'll keep the setting and see how it goes.

I was too impatient after my post as the phone was unusable, so I just loaded the FLB 1.7 rom back on and re-installed, all worked fine.

Still really don't get the point of A2SD if it doesn't work. Not one app went to the SD and internal memory just filled up, only thing it seemed to do was give me an additional 30mb internal memory.

I've just can't seem to find a definitive thread or guide that shows how to set it up and get it working to use the full amount of allocated space on the SD card. If indeed that’s what it's intended to do.

so its not just me, A2SD by default dosen't work on this rom? i installed FLB and partition my sd card with recovery, but some apps went in internal storage, some in sd... everything was fine, but at one point i used all memory on internal storage with apps, then opened app2sd and i though it transfered all apps to sd... but still i got low memory notification...

then i moved davlik cache to sd, phone restarted and boot lasted atleast 5 minutes.. it booted and then i got 3 fc-s, and some applications were not installed, only shortcut's on desktop remained, while some aplications were fine... don't know what's going on, sd partition was ext3...

does anyone know how to repair this, or with which rom a2sd works automaticly?

Edited by exitium

does anyone know how to repair this, or with which rom a2sd works automaticly?

As long as you partion your card correctly FLB Mod-1 ROMs enable A2SD automatically. Check the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide sticky at the top of the forums.

Guest exitium
As long as you partion your card correctly FLB Mod-1 ROMs enable A2SD automatically. Check the Ultimate Pulse Owners Guide sticky at the top of the forums.

i found solution... when cache is on internal storage a2sd dosen't install almost anything on sd partition...

i put cache in sd via terminal (su->a2sd cachesd), restart pulse, got few no responding errors, but now everything is okay :P only its little slow, but ill try little overclocking, maybe it will help

EDIT: yea, one question... i didn't installed rom with overclockin kernel... is there any way to put that thing for overclock over already installed rom because i have a bunch of programs and it will be a pain in my a.s to download all that again...

Edited by exitium

Guest rulerofkaos
yea, one question... i didn't installed rom with overclockin kernel... is there any way to put that thing for overclock over already installed rom because i have a bunch of programs and it will be a pain in my a.s to download all that again...

You can take the boot.img out of the oc rom and flash it with fastboot. Should work.

Guest exitium
Or just flash this zip.

i though overclockin would spped up interface, but main problem is my slow class 2 card... interface is laggy, i am getting no responding errors all the time... ill buy 8gb class 6 card in few days and i hope it will be faster :/

Guest Richard_Arkless
i though overclockin would spped up interface, but main problem is my slow class 2 card... interface is laggy, i am getting no responding errors all the time... ill buy 8gb class 6 card in few days and i hope it will be faster :/

The cpu isnt the bottleneck so it isnt as important, the memory is so its best to have swap and also for it to be on a higher class processor like a class 4 or higher

Guest lolcano
I wonder if anyone can help me.

I've just installed FLB-Mod 1 on my T-mobile pulse and I don't seem to be able to send picture messages.

I have used the t-mobile site and ran through the set-up section for my phone and have received the message saying that picture messaging has been set up as I could see the T-Mobile picture confirming this, (at least I can receive them from T-Mobile).

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Vince...

I was about to post the same thing, I've had flb 1.7 installed on my mothers phone for a while now and today she told me she couldn't send picture messages, she says she could previously.. Though I'm not sure if she means with 1.6 or not :l anyway I've messed around with it, tried reflashing 1.7 and it still doesn't work.. 1.7 was pretty much perfect for her untill she realised this and now she is going to be on my case about it untill it is sorted :P

So can anyone help out myself and Vipa? pwease!? ;]

EDIT:

I installed CM6 and it will send picture messages now, though it's still useless as the camera crashes as soon as I open it. I know it's meant to work atleast a little if you lower the image quality or whatever but I can't even get to the point were I'm able to change those settings, such a PITA.

EDIT 2: Nevermind, everything running perfect now, wish I'd switched to CM6 sooner :D

Edited by lolcano

Guest skycatcher

I moved my cache to sd and now its fc'ing alot and very laggy - guess my sd card its fast enough is it possible to move the cache back - if so what is the procedure?

thanks

sky.

Guest totiadrenalin
I moved my cache to sd and now its fc'ing alot and very laggy - guess my sd card its fast enough is it possible to move the cache back - if so what is the procedure?

thanks

sky.

a2sd nocachereset

from the terminal emulator.

Guest sickofthesea

Brilliant Mod. Thank you so much.

I had two problems with this mod (1.7) now fixed.

1. Wireless wouldn't work. Just would not connect. Cured it by opening terminal and entering the following:

# su

# cd /data/misc/wifi

# chown system.wifi wpa_supplicant.conf

# reboot

2. Apps installing to system memory rather than sd card. Cured it by opening terminal and entering the following:

# su

# a2sd cachesd

Hope this helps someone. Thanks all. Keep up the cool work.

Rgds,

Martin

Edit: Wifi hack worked for about ten mins then it stopped again. Stumped!

Edited by sickofthesea

Guest fireworkz

Nice mod ;)

I was wondering if someone could explain how to or at least point me in the direction a thread that explains how to install the Fix for Android Terminal crash

Thanks

Guest AntonioPT
Nice mod ;)

I was wondering if someone could explain how to or at least point me in the direction a thread that explains how to install the Fix for Android Terminal crash

Thanks

Just flash it in the recovery (Amon_RA/Clockwork) like you did to install FLB, except this time you don't wipe before flashing.

Guest omlas01

Hi everybody,

I'm sick to death with the problems of this ROM, however this is the best so far :-)

At first I intsalled the official UK ROM, then amon ra recovery, then the flb 1.7 mod.

Here is the list of the failures:

-after boot up, a lot of programs start automatically, slowing the system. I use estrongs task manager to kill them after boot. When they (e-mail, calendar, settings, alarm, tune-in radio, opera mini, etc) are terminated, the phone is fast as it can be.

-there are many force closes mostly: core, phone, settings, launcher pro

-wifi and 3G are incompatible. Not allways, but many times the phone reboots, when they are both allowed.

-after more then an houre sleep time (when screeen is off) wifi is unavaiable however is is turned on. If I try to switch it off, the wifi frozes and I can't turn it on or off again only with restart the phone

If there is a much more proper way to descibe the failures than writing them down, please tell me, and I will post the results.

Last but not least, I'm gratefull for this rom and I wish to keep up the good work!

Edited by omlas01