Who actually believes we'll see the Froyo update for Desire on June 23?

Guest Streetdaddy

Guest slaguru

Given the massive disappointment in the time it has taken for the Hero to get upgraded my guess is that we wont see an upgrade for at least three months.

Thats assuming that it is coming at all.

I love my HTC phones, but with Android getting pushed all the time I wonder if HTC are just planning ahead constantly, and forgetting the user base. Maybe 2.2 is coming on the Desire 2 for example, that will be released in the next few months (I guess).

I just want Android to stick so we can all catch our breath and get all the phones updated ready for the next batch.

Anyway, my iPhone is getting updated on the 24th so thats something for me to look forward to.

Guest battletank

Not a hope in hell. Lots of wishful thinking going on here. HTC have absolutely no track record of releasing updates so quickly.

HTC will release phones with 2.2 (and large internal storage) to compete with the iPhone 4 - and that will be their priority above servicing people who have already parted with money. It's simply not in HTC's interest, as we've seen; they don't value prolonging the life of their existing hardware, because they don't make any money out of doing that (in fact, they lose money).

Apple have a completely different approach, but that is because it is in their interest to prolong the life of their phones; they make far more money out of the continued use of the app store and itunes than they do out of upgrading hardware.

Guest FloatingFatMan

Google haven't even dropped the final source code yet. No way are HTC going to release on a beta. They have to wait for Google to finish tweaking, then test their framework against Froyo (presumably, they already have it working with a beta). I won't expect it for at least a few weeks after Google officially release the code.