13:19:37 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)

13:19:37 : 0 - NotConnected.

13:19:37 : 1 - Normal connect success

13:19:37 : 2 - Emergency connect success

13:19:37 : *****CheckOS Start********

13:19:38 : Microsoft_Windows_Vista_Home Edition_Service Pack 1

13:19:38 : *****CheckPCSyncPrograms Start*****

13:19:38 : PCSyncPrograms Not Found - OK and ready to upgrade

13:19:38 : Checking the connection with the cell phone...

13:19:38 : dwWaitResetTime(40000 ms)

13:19:39 : _IsConnectedPhone Call

13:19:39 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)

13:19:39 : 0 - NotConnected.

13:19:39 : 1 - Normal connect success

13:19:39 : 2 - Emergency connect success

13:19:40 : _IsConnectedPhone Call

13:19:40 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)

13:19:40 : 0 - NotConnected.

13:19:40 : 1 - Normal connect success

13:19:40 : 2 - Emergency connect success

13:19:41 : _IsConnectedPhone Call

13:19:41 : _IsConnectedPhone(0)

13:19:41 : 0 - NotConnected.

13:19:41 : 1 - Normal connect success

13:19:41 : 2 - Emergency connect success

13:19:41 : [009,400,102,102,102]The USB cable and your cellphone are not connected.

Please connect your phone and wait for connecting

the USB port for a while and press the [009,700,147,062,092]'Restart'[009,400,102,102,102] button.

13:19:57 : Check Cancel button active..

13:19:57 : !pUpgrade->StartProcessing ... PostMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR

13:19:57 : Page_Error ºÎºÐÀÔ´Ï´Ù

13:19:57 : [011,700,147,062,092]LG Mobile Phone Software Update was canceled

[009,400,102,102,102]To quit LG Mobile Phone Software Update, please press the [009,700,147,062,092]Exit[009,400,102,102,102] button below.

13:19:57 : OnStepMsg STEP_TYPE_ENV_ERROR delete m_pLGCyonUpdate

13:19:59 : =======Cancel button click : m_nStep(5)

13:20:00 : Fire Event :100, 0

13:20:00 : Fire Event :100, 0

Please can someone give me a detailed description on how to root my phone so that i can install apps onto my sd card. I have just bought the LG GT540 and I am new to android. I have updated the phone to android 2.1 so please can anyone help! Thank you.

Guest felixbbb031

stavio sam Open Europe Android 2.1. je li to razlog sto ne mogu napraviti ovo rootanje jer nemam opciju 'Enable Root Permission'? postoji li neka alternativa u vezi rootanja sa Androida 2.1?

Guest -Vuco-
stavio sam Open Europe Android 2.1. je li to razlog sto ne mogu napraviti ovo rootanje jer nemam opciju 'Enable Root Permission'? postoji li neka alternativa u vezi rootanja sa Androida 2.1?

Piši postove na engleskom. Nije ti ovo HR forum, a i dobit ćeš brže odgovor. Iako si ga mogao i sam potražiti jer je već odgovoreno.

Koristi aplikaciju z4root. S njim i EuropeOpen ROM-om nećeš imati problema.

Translate:

Write in english in this forum. In that case, you'll get the answer more faster, and it would be appropriate cause this isn't a Croatian forum.

Use z4root application for rooting GT540 phone with EuropeOpen ROM 2.1.

Guest soulclaimed
Want to root your LG GT540?

Here's how! :D

The LG GT540 root is interesting in that it's very similar but not the same as the LG GW620 root, detailed here on XDA developers. For the GT540, LG introduced an additional level of security in the engineering application. It didn't really work out so well. B)

To enable Superuser access (root) on your GT540:

- Turn on the device and click the icon to open the phone dialler

- Enter the code '3845#*540#'

- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'

- You will now be prompted for a password - enter :SWIFT::GT540:

- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!

- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#).

You can now download and install ChainsDD's excellent Superuser app from here (I used the su-2.1-cd-unsecure version).

Job done! Enjoy! :P

P

GT540root.jpg

I dont have the option for 'Enable Root Permission' anyone know why this is not visible/how to make it visible?

Guest soulclaimed

never mind I have rooted with z4root didnt need to connect to pc all done by the .apk so now i can use setcpu etc and set as a hot spot but when trying to overclock it auto detects 600mhz as my max i read mention of changing the kernel but i am a noob and have no idea how or where to do this

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest infernal

Hello newbie here great forum learning loads about my lg 540 1.6, that the manual did'nt care to mention. ;)

Anyway I downloaded an app that needed root permissions so read this thread from start to finnish and tried z4root,after trying about 10 times it was'nt working superuser was'nt poping up,So I tried universalroot instead and woot woot it worked.....So a big THANK YOU FOLKS.. ;)

Guest infernal

Hello newbie here great forum learning loads about my lg 540 1.6, that the manual did'nt care to mention. ;)

Anyway I downloaded an app that needed root permissions so read this thread from start to finnish and tried z4root,after trying about 10 times it was'nt working superuser was'nt poping up,So I tried universalroot instead and woot woot it worked.....So a big THANK YOU FOLKS.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest mightyduk

Here's how! :P

The LG GT540 root is interesting in that it's very similar but not the same as the LG GW620 root, detailed here on XDA developers. For the GT540, LG introduced an additional level of security in the engineering application. It didn't really work out so well. :huh:

- Select the option 'Module Test', then 'Stability Test' then 'Enable Root Permission'

- A toast message will briefly appear saying 'OK' - your root access is now enabled!

- Reboot your device, and now when you connect via ADB, you'll see you have a root prompt (#).

You can now download and install ChainsDD's excellent Superuser app from here (I used the su-2.1-cd-unsecure version).

Job done! Enjoy! :D

P

GT540root.jpg

hi, when i tried this code, i got stuck at stability test, there is no "Enable Root Permission"

did i do something wrong?

please help.

• 3 weeks later...
Guest BullitMagnet

Hi, i just wanted to ask, I have a 1.6 GT540, and wondered if i rooted it with z4root or androroot (whatever its called) would i then be able to update the os after of still stick with the 1.6?

Guest Dr.Alani
Hi, i just wanted to ask, I have a 1.6 GT540, and wondered if i rooted it with z4root or androroot (whatever its called) would i then be able to update the os after of still stick with the 1.6?

Rooting has nothing to do with the upgrade. It does not enable or disable the update. If you root on 1.6, when you upgrade or re-flash your rom you will need to do rooting again.

Guest Dr.Alani
im having problems, i cant find the "enable root permission", its not there, please help!

I'm not being rude or something, just take a look up and read this page, you will find some answers.

• 5 weeks later...
Guest saudah
OK !

I have made a modified version according to the suggestions from forum members . The busybox left out , and now it is using the superuser app .You need the uploaded zip file from the original post .

C:\rootgt540v20b>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagains

tthecage

5 KB/s (5392 bytes in 1.000s)

C:\rootgt540v20b>adb shell

$ chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

$ ./data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

./data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

[*] CVE-2010-EASY Android local root exploit © 2010 by 743C

[*] checking NPROC limit ...

[+] RLIMIT_NPROC={1712, 1712}

[*] Searching for adb ...

[+] Found adb as PID 1239

[*] Spawning children. Dont type anything and wait for reset!

[*]

[*] If you like what we are doing you can send us PayPal money to

[*] [email protected] so we can compensate time, effort and HW costs.

[*] If you are a company and feel like you profit from our work,

[*] we also accept donations > 1000 USD!

[*]

[*] adb connection will be reset. restart adb server on desktop and re-login.

$

# mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system

# exit

exit

C:\rootgt540v20b>adb push Superuser.apk /system/app

2456 KB/s (196521 bytes in 0.078s)

# chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

chmod 755 /system/app/Superuser.apk

# exit

exit

C:\rootgt540v20b>adb push su /system/bin

1641 KB/s (26264 bytes in 0.015s)

# chmod 4755 /system/bin/su

chmod 4755 /system/bin/su

# su

su

# id

id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

# cd /system/xbin

cd /system/xbin

# ln -s /system/bin/su su

ln -s /system/bin/su su

# reboot

reboot

You should wait for this part until the phone fully up , because when you type su the superuser app should be come up on phone's screen and you need to allow it .

$ su

su

# id

id

uid=0(root) gid=0(root)

#

Thanks for the cooperation to everybody !

TQVM joestone! I have rooted my phone! :D B) ;)

• 1 month later...
Guest Nicholas Tok

Method 1: This method doesn't work on my LG GT540 Android V2.1 as there is no 'Enable Root Permission' inside 'Module Test' --> 'Stability Test'

Method 2: The rootgt540.zip also didn't work well too as these are the message prompt in cmd

C:\rootgt540>adb push rageagainstthecage-arm5.bin /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthe

cage

error: device not found

C:\rootgt540>adb shell chmod 4755 /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb shell /data/local/tmp/rageagainstthecage

C:\rootgt540>adb wait-for-device

Method 3: Install z4root.1.3.0.apk into your phone and Root it , this method does work for me and i am able to remove some default apps from my phone and save up a lot more memory space

See: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=833953

Think everyone should try all these methods and don't give up. :unsure:

• 4 weeks later...
Guest nuts4life.tt

Here's how! ;)

The LG GT540 root is interesting in that it's very similar but not the same as the LG GW620 root, detailed here on XDA developers. For the GT540, LG introduced an additional level of security in the engineering application. It didn't really work out so well. :D

P

GT540root.jpg

sorry but the 'Enable Root Permission' option is not there in mine

Guest o1o9o8o0

Hello

I am trying to route using the method but I can go as far as stability test but then Enable Root Permission doest appeared on the phone

could you please advice

Thanks

Here's how! ;)

The LG GT540 root is interesting in that it's very similar but not the same as the LG GW620 root, detailed here on XDA developers. For the GT540, LG introduced an additional level of security in the engineering application. It didn't really work out so well. :D

P

GT540root.jpg

Guest o1o9o8o0

HEllo Help required.

I try all the means of rooting my GT540 but fail,

I upgraded from 1.6 to 2.1 and now wanted to have root asses to I can use app2SD but without getting assess to root it will not work been searching for 2 days and try all the tools which are available from Universal Androot, to z4root.

I will appreciate if any body help me.

Thanks

Guest lalaNINAlala

Here's how! :)

Job done! Enjoy! B)

P

GT540root.jpg

Im new to this stuff, what doe ADB mean and how are you meant to connect to it

Guest lalaNINAlala

Here's how! :)

Job done! Enjoy! B)

P

GT540root.jpg

Im new to this stuff, what doe ADB mean and how are you meant to connect to it

Guest sleeplessninja

I tried rooting my Gt540 using Universal Androot and it failes (No~~~Fu goo~~) Thats the message it brings..

any suggestions?

Thanks

Guest sleeplessninja

I tried rooting my Gt540 using Universal Androot and it failes (No~~~Fu goo~~) Thats the message it brings..

any suggestions?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest rytenuff

Just a suggestion from a complete newbe, would it not be a good idea to edit the original post to say that 'phones updated to 2.1 will not have the, 'Enable Root Permission' option available? This would perhaps end the, "I don't have the 'Enable Root Permission' option" type posts. At the moment people have to read through 8 pages to finally reach that conclusion.

I have my asbestos suit on!

Edited by rytenuff