'No Service' issues

Guest snpg

Guest giryan
3883 is the build everyone has.....

is it me or does his guy seem like he is bullsh**ing? this dude doesnt work at o2. i know I dont have the best username but why would you put O2 in your name? you obviously get a kick from people thinking you "work" at o2

Heh, I think that might be a little too harsh. If I had to guess, I'd say if you walked into the O2 store in Jameson Street Hull then you'd see him, and that he's worked there for a little less than a month.

Guest mrgdavies
I live in Oxton in Birkenhead. I've switched my phone to GSM only (still get an Edge connection) and it's been sweet as a nut plus the battery has hardly depleted (whereas the other night on 3G it dropped 50%). Seems to be just 3G/HSDPA that is the problem.

I'm sure I heard once that if you live in an area that has mutiple 3G cell towers that phones tend to hook onto one in particular but in some instances phones can be so sensitive that they keep jumping. Could just be a lot of bulls*t.

That seems to have done the trick. I've switched to gsm only and haven't dropped signal since, thanks for the help, lets hope it can be fixed in an update. I'm going to see if I can find somewhere to report it on dells site.

That seems to have done the trick. I've switched to gsm only and haven't dropped signal since, thanks for the help, lets hope it can be fixed in an update. I'm going to see if I can find somewhere to report it on dells site.

I arrived in London (East Finchley) yesterday and switched on 3G. Within a few seconds the signal just kept dropping (about 3 times) then it seemed to settle for a minute or two, then started doing it again. So it's not just the North West where it is happening.

Edited by snpg

Guest stuliv12

I started with o2 , put in rebel sim with t-mob, it worked, then no service after about 15 mins, t-mob wouldnt work until i had put the o2 back in and then the rebel sim with t-mob.

Guest maskaler
my service is lost when i gat a K-9 notification about a service being suspended, anyone else get this?

I occasionally get those. It seems to be when I'm interrogating the system though, looking at the SD card info or the google search settings. Also, sometimes when I quit apps using Advanced Task Manager it'll No Service and then everything comes back.

I don't have that running all the time though so I'm not sure it's that.

Guest courtlandre

I just assumed when you lose service you get the k9 notification explaining that service has been lost. On my iPhone o2's network would randomly drop out, it happens just the same with the streak.

Guest maskaler
I just assumed when you lose service you get the k9 notification explaining that service has been lost. On my iPhone o2's network would randomly drop out, it happens just the same with the streak.

I never noticed it on my iPhone 3G but I've noticed it on this, though perhaps that's due to the K9 notifications more than anything.

Guest maskaler

I'm in Edinburgh today and the no service issue is happening every few minutes. It's ridiculous tbh. Anykne reported this to O2 or found a cause?

It's happened 4 times ok 5 times since I started writing this message

Hello,

Having been on a G1 for 18 months I picked up the Dell Streak on launch day and have been extremely happy with it (so much potential with custom roms/Froyo and an excellent media player) - but, after been fine for nearly 2 weeks with a constant HSDPA signal I have the 'No Service' issue happening continuously.

Just watching it right now it's all over the place, cutting out every minute or so, then coming back. It's not been happening when I have been in a GPRS area only (during the day at work) - just when I've come back to a 3G area. I'm in the Northwest.

Tried playing around with the network settings, manually setting the network, only having WCDMA network mode etc, nothing works. Switch down to GSM only and it seems fine, but thats not an ideal situation.

Could it be an app causing this? or is it a dodgy hardware issue?

I'm seriously thinking about taking it back now and getting a Desire.

Guest WilhelmsBrick

Just switched from HSPDA to GSM only and instantly I go from 1 bar wavering on and off to full signal. Hmmm, seems like quite a common issue. Any luck with the cause/fix anyone?

Guest m4tt24

I had something similar a couple of days after i got my streak, would constantly lose signal and bizarrely the o2 website would not load for me at all every other website was fine, i rang them and it was something to do with an update or something, they asked me to not turn my phone off but take the back cover off and battery out they sent something to the phone turned it back on and it's been fine since.

I had originally rang O2 first when the problem started, and they had checked their end and found no problem (and said I'm close to the 3G tower so shouldn't be any problem with signal), they said take it to a shop if it continues.

I rang them again today since you said about the update, the guy seemed alright on the phone but he's just said take it back to Carphone Warehouse where I bought it from, since today is the last day of the 14 day cooling off period, so if it's a hardware issue they will replace it with a new one. I mentioned I'd read about someone with the same issue and an update, but he thinks it's not a settings issue, either a hardware or software issue.

I'll will nip back to the store this evening and see what they say.

Went and sat outside CPW for 15 minutes - had a full strength 3G signal and it didn't drop the service once. Typical.

I went in anyway and explained what was happening. Bloke in there seemed to think O2 has been having problems these past 3 or so days, O2 have said it's fine their end so who knows! He also said it's a 28 day return policy, so still have a couple of weeks to take it back.

Back home and No Service issues started again - maybe it is something to do with particular cell towers?

Will ring O2 again tomorrow.

I've done a quick video of the problem, sometimes it's easier to show than to explain.

Edited by Delg

Guest Smartstradamus

Mine seems to lose signal randomly but it won't regain a connection unless I switch it off and on again.

Is rediculous coz I work on the underground and everytime I come up to the surface I have to reboot to use the phone.

Its the same even when it loses it above ground!

Guest courtlandre

I wouldnt blame it solely on the streak, I think its definately a problem with O2's network. This happened on my iphone quite often (not as often as Delg's video) but it tool longer to turn back on. I havent noticed this happening on my streak to be honest, only a few times and I've had it over 2 weeks.

Went and sat outside CPW for 15 minutes - had a full strength 3G signal and it didn't drop the service once. Typical.

I went in anyway and explained what was happening. Bloke in there seemed to think O2 has been having problems these past 3 or so days, O2 have said it's fine their end so who knows! He also said it's a 28 day return policy, so still have a couple of weeks to take it back.

Back home and No Service issues started again - maybe it is something to do with particular cell towers?

Will ring O2 again tomorrow.

I've done a quick video of the problem, sometimes it's easier to show than to explain.

Mines exactly the same as the video, full strength 3G dropping service about 2 times every minute, but strangely only does it at my house. Is fine at work and today I went into town about 1 mile from home and didn't drop once.

Have phoned O2 and they suggested a faulty device or SIM - tried SIM in another phone and OK.

Going to phone O2 tomorrow and get it exchanged.

Have phoned O2 and they suggested a faulty device or SIM - tried SIM in another phone and OK.

I spoke to O2, was put through to an iPhone support person but she was very nice - they are sending a new sim to try first, if that doesn't work I'll exchange the device. Still going to stick with a Streak, I'm sure it just a teething problem!

Mines exactly the same as the video, full strength 3G dropping service about 2 times every minute, but strangely only does it at my house. Is fine at work and today I went into town about 1 mile from home and didn't drop once.

Got the replacement handset delivered today at work, had full 3G without dropping all day, but I've got home and it's started doing it again although not as frequent as the first handset.

Not sure what to do as I really want to stick with the Streak but I can't see any point in exchanging again.

Guest bobulous

Hello gents...

I am having the same problem in London. My service usually only drops for a second or two, but sometimes it will last an aggravating 10 to 20 seconds.

I work in west London, and live in central London. The same problem is happening in both areas, although it occurs more regularly in west London. I spoke to O2 about this, and the tosser on the phone told me they could not help me and to take it into a store.

I just bought mine on Sunday, so I will hope for an update before the returns window closes. If this doesn't get sorted out, I will have to cancel the new contract and hope the Droid X comes to the UK soon!

-Bob

Guest griff_dai
Hello gents...

I am having the same problem in London. My service usually only drops for a second or two, but sometimes it will last an aggravating 10 to 20 seconds.

I work in west London, and live in central London. The same problem is happening in both areas, although it occurs more regularly in west London. I spoke to O2 about this, and the tosser on the phone told me they could not help me and to take it into a store.

I just bought mine on Sunday, so I will hope for an update before the returns window closes. If this doesn't get sorted out, I will have to cancel the new contract and hope the Droid X comes to the UK soon!

-Bob

Erm, I'm sure it's a network fault, as I have been using mine over a week now and no problem.

I would hazard to bet that your contract states that your handset and network are separate......... Therefore your going to face a major issue cancelling the contract.

Dai

Guest bobulous
Erm, I'm sure it's a network fault, as I have been using mine over a week now and no problem.

I would hazard to bet that your contract states that your handset and network are separate......... Therefore your going to face a major issue cancelling the contract.

Dai

Hello Dai...

I read the fine print before signing. O2 has a 14 day "Change Your Mind Period". Please see below link for more information.

http://forum.o2.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=149&...c1f9a7aa424c5a5

Finally got a replacement sim after having no phone at all for 3 days (thanks to O2 disconnecting my old sim before the new one arrived) and... exactly the same No Service issue, which was expected really.

But I managed to get hold of a HTC Tattoo and stuck the new sim in that. It also seems to have the same issue! - GSM fine, 3G dropping. Has anyone else with the No Service problem tried another 3G phone?

Contacted O2 support and they've took down all the details and will be (hopefully) sending engineers to check out their end and will contact me in a few days.