New 2.1 on huaweidevice.com

Guest gusthy

Guest twrock

I've been using the CHT 8000 here in Taiwan. 1.5 was "more" vanilla than the other official roms I saw, but it was tweaked for ChungHwa Telecom (per CHT's requirements of course). So there were some programs in ROM that only Taiwanese would want, and stuff like the boot screen was something special for CHT as well. And most importantly for me was the traditional Chinese handwriting IME.

So I suspect the CHT 2.1 rom is going to still have some of those tweaks in it, but it might be fairly "vanilla" still if the 1.5 rom was any indicator. But I'll only know if my attempts at downloading it are ever successful! :) So far, I've attempted to download it five times tonight, and had it drop out every time after watching the download speed crawl to a standstill. Severs must be taking a serious hit at the moment. I will be upgrading just as soon as I get a complete download.

Guest gusthy
I've been using the CHT 8000 here in Taiwan. 1.5 was "more" vanilla than the other official roms I saw, but it was tweaked for ChungHwa Telecom (per CHT's requirements of course). So there were some programs in ROM that only Taiwanese would want, and stuff like the boot screen was something special for CHT as well. And most importantly for me was the traditional Chinese handwriting IME.

So I suspect the CHT 2.1 rom is going to still have some of those tweaks in it, but it might be fairly "vanilla" still if the 1.5 rom was any indicator. But I'll only know if my attempts at downloading it are ever successful! :) So far, I've attempted to download it five times tonight, and had it drop out every time after watching the download speed crawl to a standstill. Severs must be taking a serious hit at the moment. I will be upgrading just as soon as I get a complete download.

Try a download manager, like aria

Guest gusthy
Guys can you upload U8230 V100R001C123B819SP01(Swi tzerland Sunrise Android2.1) ,please? :)

No reason, it is exactly the same as the previously published one. I did byte by byte comparison

Guest de_shepherd
No reason, it is exactly the same as the previously published one. I did byte by byte comparison

Its got the same name as the previous one so its probably just some update to the documents that accompany the ROM in the zip file that caused a new upload.

N.b. note that the 8220 ROM has a higher "Bxxx" number at then end than the Hungarian ROM .... this may indicate that it is indeed a later build.

Guest gusthy
Its got the same name as the previous one so its probably just some update to the documents that accompany the ROM in the zip file that caused a new upload.

N.b. note that the 8220 ROM has a higher "Bxxx" number at then end than the Hungarian ROM .... this may indicate that it is indeed a later build.

If that docs are important for somebody, then lets upload it, but I did a binary compare to the UPDATA.APPs and they are the same.

Guest gusthy

If that docs are important for somebody, then lets upload it, but I did a binary compare to the UPDATA.APPs and they are the same.

Guest de_shepherd

What I meant was that its the same situation as when a new Tmobile ROM appeared a few weeks ago. I downloaded that and inside the zip all the ROM stuff was dated nov/dec last year (i.e. was the dec update) but a couple of docs (someting like the readme and upgrade instructions) were newer - I suspect that they were updated as part of another ROM release and a versioning system noticed a dependency and rebuilt an effectively unchanged ROM package. So its unlikely that this "new" sunrise ROM package is interesting as the real contents are the same.

Guest gusthy
What I meant was that its the same situation as when a new Tmobile ROM appeared a few weeks ago. I downloaded that and inside the zip all the ROM stuff was dated nov/dec last year (i.e. was the dec update) but a couple of docs (someting like the readme and upgrade instructions) were newer - I suspect that they were updated as part of another ROM release and a versioning system noticed a dependency and rebuilt an effectively unchanged ROM package. So its unlikely that this "new" sunrise ROM package is interesting as the real contents are the same.

Oh, it explains, why huawei delivers old roms again and again :)

Guest gusthy
Personally I would try extracting the images from the update then flashing them manually using fastboot.

it won't work I think, the system.img is too big, doesnt fit to system partition.

I huess thats why it stops when flashing.

Guest twrock
I have downloaded and upladed U8220 V100R001C05B820 (Taiwan CHT Android2.1) to MegaUpload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46LAP9YR

Hope this works for you guys

PLK.-

Thanks for doing that. I finally got a good download last night (very late) before I saw your message. I won't have the time to update it until later today (yeah, sometimes having a job sucks).

If someone is interested in some specific information after I update, please leave me specific (and simple) instructions on how to go about getting that info. I'll be glad to try.

Guest Richard_Arkless
it won't work I think, the system.img is too big, doesnt fit to system partition.

I huess thats why it stops when flashing.

So your saying that its bigger than the hungary one....jeez how much more space do they need why cant they just stop filling it up with bloat then we wont have a space problem

Guest mnonmo
So your saying that its bigger than the hungary one....jeez how much more space do they need why cant they just stop filling it up with bloat then we wont have a space problem

Taiwan has a new version CH8000+ with 256ram and 512rom.

Guest friefrie

Yes ,mnonmo. That is for CHT8000+ only.

And the CHT8000 will use Android 2.1 Lite Version because the RAM and ROM..... Maybe in July.

Guest Spook Tooth
I have downloaded and upladed U8220 V100R001C05B820 (Taiwan CHT Android2.1) to MegaUpload.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=46LAP9YR

Hope this works for you guys

PLK.-

Didn't work for me, it stuck at 80% or more and wouldn't continue to flash the new rom. I've tried many times to install this firmware update and even tried others but they won't even attempt to install - just says 'update failed'.

Other than selling/giving away the battery and throwing the phone in the bin, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do next? I was using the official UK TMobile December 1.5 update direct from their website. As mentioned, I can't flash that back now and don't know how to use fastboot. I need help!

:)

Guest wats0n
Didn't work for me, it stuck at 80% or more and wouldn't continue to flash the new rom. I've tried many times to install this firmware update and even tried others but they won't even attempt to install - just says 'update failed'.

Other than selling/giving away the battery and throwing the phone in the bin, does anyone have any suggestions for what I should do next? I was using the official UK TMobile December 1.5 update direct from their website. As mentioned, I can't flash that back now and don't know how to use fastboot. I need help!

The better way is going to flash the Crack 1.5.2 recovery image and update the Modaco Pulse 2.1 Rom.

Best,

wats0n

Guest Spook Tooth
The better way is going to flash the Crack 1.5.2 recovery image and update the Modaco Pulse 2.1 Rom.

Best,

wats

Thanks wats0n, that's exactly what I did too! I'm not as daft as I thought. Many thanks to the authors of the help threads here, especially this one with picture goodness for f00ls like me, who don't know what the hell they're doing.

Cheers guys!

My phone is a phone again. :)

Guest gusthy

From today on, we have a solution to fall back to original 1.5, from that point you can do what you wish

Guest twrock

Yes, and from what I discovered, I think this is the ROM for that upgraded machine. It would not install on my "old style" CHT8000. According to the included documentation, I don't have the right build number to install this upgrade, and it didn't install when I tried anyway.

IIRC, CHT had an announcement that the new 8000's with more memory would ship in June, and the update to 2.1 for the old machines would be released in July. So, from my experience, it looks like that is still the plan. But I'll make a point of asking at one of their offices tomorrow just to make sure.

Too bad. I thought I was getting the upgrade "early". :)

Guest gusthy
Haha, anyone notice Huawei took this rom off from their site?

Yup

Because it is not really a 8220 ROM.

Thats why we received "Time Machine" from them.