ADW Launcher

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest courtlandre
How did you get Rock Player onto the Streak as I thought it was 2.1 only? Are you talking about a different player as I could do with one that plays avi's.

Rock player works great for me!

Guest Dogmann55

@snpg

No just downloaded the .apk and installed it, it can't be just for 2.1 and over as the person that told me about uses it on a X10 which is on 1.6 just like the Streak is.

Marc

Guest courtlandre
Adw launcher no longer works for me now I've rooted the Streak, common problem?

Maybe try to reinstall it? Mine works fine on rooted streak.

Guest marra2

I accidently pressed the home button and ticked the box for default then pressed dell home screen now adw won't come on even after reinstalling it ! Anyone help with this or am I screwed ? ;)

Edited by marra2

Guest craigdabbs
I accidently pressed the home button and ticked the box for default then pressed dell home screen now adw won't come on even after reinstalling it ! Anyone help with this or am I screwed ? ;)

go to settings, applications, manage applications, then find "Home" go into it and click clear defaults

Guest marra2
go to settings, applications, manage applications, then find "Home" go into it and click clear defaults

cheers dude I figured that out after I did factory reset ;)

Guest PeterMV

Not sure if it is just me or not, but did anyone else seem to lose their facebook and twitter applications after installing adw launcher?

Guest courtlandre
Not sure if it is just me or not, but did anyone else seem to lose their facebook and twitter applications after installing adw launcher?

They are dell widgets and seem to only work with the dell launcher. Anyone know how to get them working?

Guest PeterMV
They are dell widgets and seem to only work with the dell launcher. Anyone know how to get them working?

Well, that explains that then, thanks.

Guest Brantyr

Extremely difficult without the source code to the dell launcher, i.e. it won't happen. Same thing with HTC's Sense widgets.

Guest Rhysd2

Hi guys

I've given the ADW launcher a bit of a spin to see how I find it. There are some bits I'm liking and some I'm not. Personally I quite like the Dell UI anyway as 99% of the time I use the phone in landscape. However I quite like the ability to hide the status bar and I like the 2 or 4 app dock down the bottom and the ability to swype upwards for a favourites dock. I cant seem to get rid of the dock after swyping up though. I tried swyping back down but that didnt work.

Also all my wallpapers had black lines around them. Is this running a different graphical range?

Also is there a way to get the 2/4 icon dock with the home button to rotate around when in landscape? it doesnt look right sat there on the right hand side of the screen.

Also how are you guys finding the launcher impacts your battery life? in the past I've found launchers can eat a fair bit.

Oh yea also my one other gripe is it seems to make the app icons quite small. is that adjustable if so where?

Guest Rhysd2

OK bit of an update. I had a proper play over lunch and seem to have solved most of the issues. took a bit of fiddling to get the widgets not to overlap and to display the same as before. Also had to up the column number so I got the icons back to normal size and spacing plus could fit everything on the screen. Fixed the wallpaper too. Its nice for the icons to not have that black background anymore.

However 2 of my questions remain. in landscape mode is there a way to get the shortcut bar/dock on the bottom rather than on the right?

and does it impact battery life much?

Guest masterpfa
Hi hawrai68 and AndyCr15

Sorry to hear the Streak hasn't worked out for you but then no device will ever be perfect for everyone i also think the Galaxy S looks like a great device and i was considering it prior to the Streak launching first but then i love big screens and mainly use my device in Landscape. Also i have now just installed Rock Player so can play my much smaller DivX Avi files without needing to convert anything and all in perfect quality for both picture and sound. The only way i would give up my Streak now is if someone prised it out of my cold dead hand and they would need to get past 43KG of protection trained Dobermann first so i don't see that happening any time soon.

Marc

OK any other security measures I need to be aware of? :lol:

• 3 weeks later...
Guest Magxs

I don't like ADW switching back and forth between portrait and landscape. Has anyone found a way of locking it into portrait?

It is possible to disable it switching automatically, but locks it in landscape. I want portrait...

Many thanks

• 1 month later...
Guest Ellis Grouse

It zooms in quite far to account for all those screens, but I think it's actually Dells fault - the stock launcher does the same on 2.1

You can see it if you try setting a background image, the crop box is insanely sized.

Guest bostonguy
It zooms in quite far to account for all those screens, but I think it's actually Dells fault - the stock launcher does the same on 2.1

You can see it if you try setting a background image, the crop box is insanely sized.

You need 960x800 wallpaper and when the crop box shows up you can stretch it to fit the entire image. Makes it much nicer and less grainy.

Guest miker71
I don't like ADW switching back and forth between portrait and landscape. Has anyone found a way of locking it into portrait?

It is possible to disable it switching automatically, but locks it in landscape. I want portrait...

Many thanks

+1

I noticed there's a update to ADW 1.1.0 today. It has the option to lock to portrait or landscape - except - both lock to landscape on the Streak :D

I'm not sure if this is a bug with ADW 1.1.0 or some Dell fudge to trick everything into landscape.

+1

I noticed there's a update to ADW 1.1.0 today. It has the option to lock to portrait or landscape - except - both lock to landscape on the Streak :D

I'm not sure if this is a bug with ADW 1.1.0 or some Dell fudge to trick everything into landscape.

Really? For me 'Home Orientation' setting is greyed out and it's locked to portrait... losing the choice sucks big time! I hope it's just a bug that gets fixed ASAP.

Emailed the developer and on his blog post he states that 'Persistance Mode' has been modified and should be disabled in order for 'Home Orientation' to work properly. It's now working for me in auto-rotate mode.

Edited by EZ44

• 2 weeks later...
Guest utahstreak
Here's how my portrait desktop looks now, fwiw. Anybody know how to have transparent icon label backgrounds in Android please?

index.php?act=attach&type=post&id=57460

That's awesome! can we get these through just installing ADW? or do we have to upgrade to a 'premium' version?

And can we change the backrounds on these two?

And does it still change to landscape using web browser? thanks

6columnlauncher.png

8columnlauncher.png

Guest miker71
Really? For me 'Home Orientation' setting is greyed out and it's locked to portrait... losing the choice sucks big time! I hope it's just a bug that gets fixed ASAP.

Emailed the developer and on his blog post he states that 'Persistance Mode' has been modified and should be disabled in order for 'Home Orientation' to work properly. It's now working for me in auto-rotate mode.

well, i enabled 'persistance mode' (which greyed out the 'home orientation' option) and now i got exactly what i wanted - the Streak locked in a true portrait mode. excellent!