Best Streak Apps

Guest deekarma

Guest jimjar

As well as many of those mentioned above, I've installed:

- Layar (augmented reality platform with some nice apps)

- TED Mobile (for TED talks)

- beebplayer (for *limited* bbc iPlayer - not in the market any more but google for 'beebplayer.apk' to find it "out there")

- yxplayer (will play divx/xvid encoded files, but costs a tenner)

- Ringdroid (great ringtone creator - simply select snippets of your MP3s to 'loop' as a ringtone)

However, can't seem to find a free Flickr uploader that works (all the ones I've tried crash on upload attempt). Having similar problem uploading to Audioboo with their app. Anyone managed either okay?

Guest hobochangba

- beebplayer (for *limited* bbc iPlayer - not in the market any more but google for 'beebplayer.apk' to find it "out there")

- Ringdroid (great ringtone creator - simply select snippets of your MP3s to 'loop' as a ringtone)

However, can't seem to find a free Flickr uploader that works (all the ones I've tried crash on upload attempt). Having similar problem uploading to Audioboo with their app. Anyone managed either okay?

Forget about Yxplayer...RockPlayerBase works great on the streak for divx movies I grabbed it from a megaupload link in the xda forum the other day PM me if you want the link.

Guest maskaler

For iPlayer there is myPlayer which is pretty decent. Was watching 'enders in a hotel the other night through that fine, plus it's free.

Ringdroid is excellent. Considering the faff of getting your own tones on an iPhone, the speed and simplicity of this reminded me why I switched to Android.

Are there any alternatives to yxplayer? This RockPlayerBase - is it a freeby? Any good?

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all

Yes Rock Player is excellent plays nice and smooth with great audio to can't wait for a full version to release as now no more need converting my DivX Avi videos and they take up to about half the space of MP4's also there is now a Beta 1 release of it to.

Marc

Guest jimjar
For iPlayer there is myPlayer which is pretty decent. Was watching 'enders in a hotel the other night through that fine, plus it's free.

Are there any apps that let you search and play the radio programmes available on demand on iplayer? I haven't yet found any?

Guest James H
Are there any apps that let you search and play the radio programmes available on demand on iplayer? I haven't yet found any?

Radio Time has the BBC stations and works fine on the Streak

James

Edited by James H

Guest m4tt24

My top 5 so far (still trying out loads out so may change)

Swype

Ideal for texting, very easy to use, by far the most used app for me so far.

Saymyname dessert

When the phone rings tells you who's ringing (speech app)

Myplayer

BBC tv (works by far the best via wifi)

Google Sky Map

Good fun especially pointing it at the ground and realising the earth really is round

Lookout

Anti virus, backs up your data and also a tracking device in one.

Then there's also barcode scanner, call me, paintpro(for the children when were out and need them to be quiet) realplayer, Trapster list is really quite long when i start to think about some of the apps i have.

Guest maskaler
Hi all

Yes Rock Player is excellent plays nice and smooth with great audio to can't wait for a full version to release as now no more need converting my DivX Avi videos and they take up to about half the space of MP4's also there is now a Beta 1 release of it to.

Marc

*edit*

Found it and downloaded it. Here's a link: http://www.mediafire.com/?2mz5mnmtw1z - played a file I'd mis-encoded to m4v without problems - am well chuffed.

Also, got swype - wow. What an input system!

Edited by maskaler

Guest redbishop
I've been loving the idea of the streak for ages, and loving my very own since Saturday. I call him Frank and, so far, he and I are getting on swell.

I am new to android having moved from Blackberry and previously Win Mob.

Learning a new OS is fiendishly fun.

If you have the time to help me narrow down the market place, can you recommend your top 5 apps that you would recommend for the streak - free or paid - and a brief description.

So far have:

Advanced Task Manager

Astro

Antibody - this is a fun and original game btw!

appInstaller

Barcode Scanner

Docs to go

Goggles

Google maps,sky, mail,

phonemypc

shazam

trapster

Interested in all and any recommendations.

cheers from me and Frank

Guest mrgdavies
Anyone know of a widget which can toggle between GSM ans WCDMA on the homescreen?

As far as I'm aware that's not possible, but please correct me if I'm wrong, the best you can do is download anycut and set a shortcut the network settings.

Guest hobochangba

Scummvm is really good on the streak. Best device I've played it on.

Two games to look out for Angry Birds and MotoX mayhem I played them to death on my old iphone (hmmm not missing that much at all)

Question...does anyone know a good exchange email client I'm not enjoying using OWA. Something with calendar sync would be good

Guest courtlandre
Scummvm is really good on the streak. Best device I've played it on.

Two games to look out for Angry Birds and MotoX mayhem I played them to death on my old iphone (hmmm not missing that much at all)

Question...does anyone know a good exchange email client I'm not enjoying using OWA. Something with calendar sync would be good

You can use touchdown of course... but as far as native syncing its not supported in 1.6. 2.2 (or 2.1) added exchange functionality.

Guest jimjar
Radio Time has the BBC stations and works fine on the Streak

James

Nah, that's live streaming only. I'm looking for some way to listen to radio programmes available via bbc iplayer on demand. myplayer and beebplayer only have tv programmes

Guest hobochangba
Nah, that's live streaming only. I'm looking for some way to listen to radio programmes available via bbc iplayer on demand. myplayer and beebplayer only have tv programmes

Try wunder radio I used it on iphone for ages found it was available on android market yesterday and listened to the whole italy match on bbc five live. Works great.

Guest Adrian IS

hello

Can anyone recommend a good dialler app? ... one that when i start typing it also give me suggestions from my phonebook?

I tried a few but they have small keys.

And off topic: How come even after i set the screen timeout to 10min it switches back to 30sec every time after the first manual or automatic screen timeout which happens after 10 min.

Very painful when i try to read something!

Guest Wonford
does fring work on streak this is a MUST for me

Yes it does including making use of the front camera

Engadget had a video showing it in action a few days back

Guest Dogmann55

Hi all,

Well it's just over 3 weeks that I have now had my Streak and since I've gone from a stock Rom to Rooted to now running my first Custom Rom cooked in the kitchen so i thought an update to the apps i have installed and am running seemed like a good idea having done this i can't believe how many i now have.

Astro File Manager: can be used to install apps that come as apk's as opposed to from the market

Barcode Scanner: easy way to install apps form QR codes or just reading Bar codes

3G Watchdog: Monitors your data use over 3G you can set your allowance and it will monitor and alert you

Live Calender: Will bring up upcoming Appointments on your Home screen

F1 Pocket 2010: all you need to stay up to date with F1

Moto GP Pocket 2010: all you need to stay up to date with Moto GP

iSyncr for PC: Easy transfer and sync of iTunes to your Streak

Google Sky Map: Map of the Stars and Planets

Engadget: Widget with scrolling updates

SystemPanelLite Task Manager:Shows your CPU and Memory use

myPlayer: BBC iPlayer

ShootMe: Screen Shots for Rooted devices

Speedtest.net Speed Test

Rock Player: Plays DivX Avi and many other formats in great quality.

Co Pilot Live: Sat Nav with POI'S and Speed Cameras

Gentle Alarm: Great Multiple Alarm app with some unique nice features

Seven Push E-Mail: Real time Push E-Mail with full folder support

Cloud List:Great: shopping or other list app also on line lists that can be shared with others

Tapatalk Pro: handy tool for posting on Forums

TVCatchup Mobile Live TV Streaming with lots of UK channels

Fring: Skype and IM chat app includes Skype Video chat

Superuser Permissions: allows rooted apps permission

Boot Explorer: File explorer and more for Rooted devices

Root Booter: Easy Normal, Recovery or Bootloader Reboot options

Boot Manager: Control over various options and apps on your device

Swype: simply the best keyboard and typing experience ever IMHO

Marc

Guest courtlandre
Swype: simply the best keyboard and typing experience ever IMHO

Marc

Until we can use multitouch keyboards! I like swype, but my finger tends to drag along the screen... I really need a matte screen protector!