Dell Streak accessories now on Dell site

Guest Loconinja

Guest kimocal

Has anyone come across any 3rd party accessories yet? Especially the proprietary 30 pin data cable? I'm hoping someone comes out with an adapter that plugs in on the end of a normal USB cable. Something like the Scosche flipSYNC Keychain USB 2.0 Charge and Sync Cable for iPod and iPhone would be sweet for this. That way you pop it on your keychain and you'll be good if you're in a pinch.

Edited by kimocal

Guest hobochangba
Any news on your wallet?

I've just ordered one. Says in production. ETA 06/07/2010

Just checked my order and its slipped by a day now 07/07/2010

Could be worse I suppose. Really need it before 12/07/2010 when I go on my hols. Last time I went my Iphone came back with a smashed screen :lol:

Guest Loconinja

My Car Dock has been "shipped". :lol:

Having returned my locked Streak to O2, my Streak and wallet from Dell are showing an expected delivery date of 16th July. :D

Guest tudorw

Count yourselves lucky, I ordered a wallet, hdmi dock, extra battery, sync cable, car kit, and this is what I get in return :lol:

Estimated Delivery Date: 19/08/2010

Carrier: Not Shipped

Tracking Number: Not Shipped

Now Dell, please confess, you did not have (m)any of these in stock when you sold it to me!

Guest tudorw
Count yourselves lucky, I ordered a wallet, hdmi dock, extra battery, sync cable, car kit, and this is what I get in return :lol:

Estimated Delivery Date: 19/08/2010

Now Dell, please confess, you did not have (m)any of these in stock when you sold it to me!

edit: Just called, got transferred to a lady, who transferred me to a man, who said the delivery date was the 22nd June, when I pointed out that had already passed he transferred me to another man, who told me the support systems were down and to call back in 2 hours, I asked for a callback but they 'cannot' do that, hmm, If anyone wants to return their streak I would assume we are all now covered by the fact we were promised HDMI output, but the reality is that you cannot have that, so I was certainly were mislead at point of sale...

OK, called their 'large business' number, funnily enough their systems were fine, they put me through to 'home sales' who were also up and running... they will respond within 2 days with a reason for the 2month plus delay...

Edited by tudorw

Guest TomDroid
Heard about an alternative car dock, supposed to be a snug fit, but does the job & is £7.79 from Amazon. I'm gonna give it try & report back. Just type "large univrsal suction mount" (including the spelling mistake!!) for details.

At just under £8 delivered, it's got to be worth a punt over the cost of the offical Dell one, no? :lol:

OK, got the Car Dock delivered today, very good. The Streak is a very snug fit but it means that it doesn't wiggle about or move like some I've heard of. The suction holder seems very strong, I took a couple of aggressive corners & all was ok.

You can move the side & bottom arms around, so the charging port is still accessible, and the headphone, volume & power buttons are all easily accessible.

For £7.79 delivered, it's an absolute steal. :D :D

If anyone wants pics either of the unit or in situ, let me know!

Ta

Guest Magxs
OK, got the Car Dock delivered today, very good. The Streak is a very snug fit but it means that it doesn't wiggle about or move like some I've heard of. The suction holder seems very strong, I took a couple of aggressive corners & all was ok.

You can move the side & bottom arms around, so the charging port is still accessible, and the headphone, volume & power buttons are all easily accessible.

For £7.79 delivered, it's an absolute steal. :lol: :D

Ta

Just had a look on Amazon. There is one for devices with up to a 4 inch screen for £7.79 and for up to 7 inch screen for £8.79. Judging by the price, it sounds like you got the small one and the Streak fits nicely despite it being bigger than 4 inches? Or did you get the big one?

Guest vinokirk
My Car Dock has been "shipped". :lol:

Having returned my locked Streak to O2, my Streak and wallet from Dell are showing an expected delivery date of 16th July. :D

Wow... how much did that cost?!

Guest vinokirk

For £7.79 delivered, it's an absolute steal. :lol: :D

Ta

Pics please!! Does it have vent fittings?

Edited by vinokirk

Guest qq67

Here is the original O2 stand v2.0 :lol: The v1.0 was without anti slip rubber bump but this is fantastic ! You can press buttons too! :D

IMG_9459.jpg

IMG_9461.jpg

IMG_9463.jpg

Guest vinokirk
Here is the original O2 stand v2.0 :lol: The v1.0 was without anti slip rubber bump but this is fantastic ! You can press buttons too! :D

That rocks! For the O2 fan boy..... :D

Guest DellStreakUser

woo hoo got my dell streak stand thanks to qq67.........now just need something to hold it up vertically since imobsters only works in vertical screen.

how much is this stand qq67? £58.99? lol

Guest qq67
how much is this stand qq67? £58.99? lol

The price under discussion with Dell, material 10p work 10p they want to put on the website for 19.9999 in winter and start to delivery next summer :lol:

Guest jutley

orderded my form fit case on delivery for friday next week will post pics if it arrives.

The Estimated Delivery Date for this order is on or before 2010-07-09 (yyyy-mm-dd).

From what i can make out the top has like a flip cover that protects the sceen which will completly cover your device for full protection looks promising but i could be wrong please have a look at the pic i have attached and let me know what you think i may be wrong but i think thats the screen protection they are on about which looks good probly worth the £24.99

post-103207-1278252040_thumb.jpg

Edited by jutley

Guest qq67

Is there a way to check how many Streak sold? I cant beleive more than few thousand only. I cant find any 3rd party case or any accesories yet not even a screen protector from good qulity 3rd company like "Brando". I think the target is very narrow because 5inch screen and does not worth develeop anything for streak.

Guest Loconinja

My car dock arrived yesterday. Interestingly, the manual inside still refers to the Dell Mini 5.

My Streak and wallet are still showing a delivery date of 16th July.

Anyone else checking their order status every day, like me? :)

Guest Rhysd2
My car dock arrived yesterday. Interestingly, the manual inside still refers to the Dell Mini 5.

My Streak and wallet are still showing a delivery date of 16th July.

Anyone else checking their order status every day, like me? :)

I am

mine got delayed until this friday. I wont be holding my breath

I have been advised that the Premium Wallet Case is due in today and if they do not arrive then they will contact me with a better eta. Personally I am not expecting mine for at least a week longer.

Guest hobochangba
Estimated Delivery Date: 09/07/2010

Slip!

Estimated Delivery Date: 12/07/2010

Think I'll cancel this.

Might look into getting a DroidX too if this is what Dell are going to be like