MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Hi Paul, I signed up for the Plus account yesterday and I cannot access your online kitchens.

I see post 2 on this thread, and it just appears blank.

How comes?

Disable noscript or adblock.

P

Guest franklinvv

Seems to be too large for my Desire?

Formatting BOOT:...

Writing BOOT:...

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

;)

I'm trying the version without MoDaCo additions.

Guest liamstears
I'm currently trying different radios to see if there is an easy fix for the echo problem;

32.37.00.32U_4.06.00.16_2 - has echo, audible but not terrible.

32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 - has echo, more white noise like 02_2 but not as bad

32.30.00.28U_4.05.00.11 - has echo, could be slightly worse than 16_2

32.34.00.28U_4.05.00.30_2 - pretty much the same as 16_2

32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 - has echo, more of a white noise than repeated words though, slightly better than 16_2

Will update as I go....

FINAL EDIT

OK, so I've tested all available radios & they all have echo of some sort. I'm sticking with 03_2 as my wife says the white noise is less offputting than hearing herself talk.

Where can we download the 32.26.00.24U_4.04.00.03_2 radio?

Guest Raivis R.

with 32.36.00.28U_4.06.00.02_2 radio my daughter laughed because of hearing herself talk ;) effect was intermittent though. at the end of the day I rolled back to 2.1, only gain from froyo is speed, which is already there considering it's a PHONE (guys, we are carrying 10 years old desktops in our pockets and those could not survive for the whole day unplugged unless had huge ups to back them up) :(

Guest bhups
I tried to install the "r17 with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD" mod but it didnt work.

It just load the HTC screen, and then the HTC screen again with the animated text and then went off.

I did the following:

1. Loaded the Fake-Flash file

2. Wiped the device

3. Loaded the zip file to install "r17 with default MoDaCo additions and A2SD"

4. Rebooted the device.

And now nothing :(

Not to worry, IT WORKED!!!! I'm just impatient.... ;)

Edited by bhups

Guest manook

Fix - Wifi sleep when screen turned off

Dont know if this has been posted before but the froyo default settings for wi-fi is to turn wifi off when screen turns off. Whilst in "Wi-Fi Settings" press the menu button, click advanced then select sleep policy. Mine was set to "When screen turns off" and i changed it to "never". Fixed the problem for me.....

Hope this helps.

Guest Pieronip

Results for me are:

Linpack 36.6 - WOW!

Battery drain is high and will need to be better for everyday use.

I have always had 'anonymous' SMS messages from time to time. With this ROM I can neither delete nor force delete them (Handcent and stock app).

Widgets to toggle APN, WiFi and Bluetooth work fine but widgets to toggle GPS take you to 'settings'. I have tried several.

Great ROM - but I'm a huge Sense fan. When can I get this with Sense UI? ;)

Thanks.

Edited by Pieronip

Guest Cyberdelia

I had the previous ROM. I installed the last r17 over it, and it stays in the X... So, I tried to wipe everything... but it still remains un the X... so, what now?

¿Can somebody put the previous r17, plz?

Edited by Cyberdelia

Guest sucramco
Seems to be too large for my Desire?

;)

I'm trying the version without MoDaCo additions.

Exactly what I am getting. However, I rebooted the phone and it seemed to work, but cannot be sure exactly if all is well so I am downloading again. Will try to reinstall before bed, to see if the same happens.

No Exactly the same as before.

Formatting BOOT:...

Writing BOOT:...

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

I will just restore MCR 3.1 tonight. Maybe i need to create a new partition, rather than try to use the existing. Sleep now, play tomorrow (day off).

Edited by sucramco

Guest pampyre

Despite my wifi sleep policy being 'never' I regularly wake my phone to find it's wifi has disconnected, and I have to manually reconnect it. The wifi doesn't turn off as soon as the phone enters sleep - but after a little while.

Same behaviour as present on later Defrosts for me also (so likely a kernel issue?).

Anyone have any ideas?

Edited by pampyre

Guest Cyberdelia
Not to worry, IT WORKED!!!! I'm just impatient.... ;)

How long did you wait? I'm 11 minutes now waiting to move forward from the X and the lock...

Edited by Cyberdelia

Guest StuMcBill
How long did you wait? I'm 8 minutes now waiting to move forward from the X and the lock...

It sounds like you have installed this on a Nexus One, its meant for the HTC Desire.

Guest cgrec92

guys i have just installed this rom using rom manager

everything working perfectly

i am really so impressed with this, if the video camera were to work it would actually be perfect

i would just like to backup this rom, i use rom manager to do so

however when i press backup current rom, the phone does not boot into recovery, it boots into the image with the phone with the red triangle

i hold volumeup and power button to get into the menu and theres only wipe and apply update.zip which i dont want

i restarted the phone and everythings good, i would just really like to back it up

any ideas whats up here guys?

Guest Cyberdelia
It sounds like you have installed this on a Nexus One, its meant for the HTC Desire.

Hm.. but.. I didn't move of the previous ROMs pages.. this thread I've been using to download and install in my N1... ¿when did it change? Why did it worked before?

Guest dimitris_gr
Hm.. but.. I didn't move of the previous ROMs pages.. this thread I've been using to download and install in my N1... ¿when did it change? Why did it worked before?

The Rom working Great (the only bug have seen is the VideoRecording... reboot phone)

With the RockPlayer before install this rom i see a video with 19 - 21 fps... with this im at 27 - 29 fps (same video)

Navigon Gps working Great (CoPilot not Working)

very good rom paul. bravo from greece.

Edited by dimitris_gr

Guest Cyberdelia
The Rom working Great (the only bug have seen is the VideoRecording... reboot phone)

With the RockPlayer before install this rom i see a video with 19 - 21 fps... with this im at 27 - 29 fps (same video)

Navigon Gps working Great (CoPilot not Working)

very good rom paul. bravo from greece.

Does Paulo knows that his rom was working on N1? all the previous until this last-bravo-one? genius! miracle!

Guest Raivis R.

are you absolutely positive you were not using this thread? subjects are pretty much the same ;)

Guest 711324
guys i have just installed this rom using rom manager

everything working perfectly

i am really so impressed with this, if the video camera were to work it would actually be perfect

i would just like to backup this rom, i use rom manager to do so

however when i press backup current rom, the phone does not boot into recovery, it boots into the image with the phone with the red triangle

i hold volumeup and power button to get into the menu and theres only wipe and apply update.zip which i dont want

i restarted the phone and everythings good, i would just really like to back it up

any ideas whats up here guys?

You just need to hold the volume up and tap the power button and it will start backing up.

No idea why it's doing that with this ROM

Guest cgrec92
You just need to hold the volume up and tap the power button and it will start backing up.

No idea why it's doing that with this ROM

Thanks for your reply, I have tried what you said, it puts me into a blue screen called system recovery and provides me options to reboot, wipe, and apply update, I am unable to back up this beautiful Rom :-(

Guest DigitalC

Downloading now - getting speeds no more than 4kb so off to bed with me - hopefully its done come morning so i can test this bad boy out.

Many thanks for all the effort poured into this project