MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest FutureBSD
Has anyone tried exchange sync with FRF72?

Appreciate any reports.. hasn't worked on FRF 50.

I'm working with the exchange sync on FRF50 and it's working pretty good for me.

Shouldn't be a problem with the FRF50 release.

Does it make sense at all to update from FRF50 to FRF72 except for some more speed?

Guest sugplopp
Bad blocks issue for me again.

Writing BOOT:...

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

Think I might have a cry, been waiting and hoping the boot image would be smaller. Could'nt install the r17 for the same reason. Tried defrost 1.2, too many force close issues, but at least it installed. Went back to 3.1 again. Looks like I might have a huge problem with this phone going forward.

Gutted.

I get the same messages, but the rom boots flawlessly. About phone indicates modaco r18 fr72.

Guest dreamdealer

seems to be running ok, on my desire, just got that stupid market bug now I had when i went from a G1 to my desire where it lags like hell, sure it will clear its self up in a couple of days.. and I don't like the look of that display % @ 79 on the battery usage is it so posed to be that high?

Edited by dreamdealer

Guest sucramco
I get the same messages, but the rom boots flawlessly. About phone indicates modaco r18 fr72.

this happened with me on the r17, however on further inspection the were several force closes and it started playing up. I couldn't even get on market place to get rom manager. I had to install the 3.1 back using the old recovery method.

See how it goes testing everything, please post back if all is working.

Thanks

Guest masi0
Has anyone tried exchange sync with FRF72?

Appreciate any reports.. hasn't worked on FRF 50.

Doesn't working on FRF72 too. Using Moxier for a time beeing until it will be sorted

Guest masi0

Paul - I found another bug - when you sent MMS then the Wifi connection is no more - you must disable/enable wifi again

Despite - great rom ;) I am checking battery life for now...

Guest jackdaniels_lee

thats because MMS requires a different "access point" so it will disable any other data connection to initiate its own.

as far as exchange goes, I have experienced no issues with any froyo rom (and i have tested them all ;)

Guest bhups

Is there a way of getting the contacts feature that is on the "27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen" on this ROM?

Its very frustrating not being able to find the contact on my sim card with this ROM.

Else, can anyone recommend a app for the SIM contacts?

Many thanks.

Guest DigitalC

What's the difference between this and the previous?

It seems the echo issue still exists so are there any advantages in upgrading to the new one?

Guest EddyOS

Newer FroYo build

On another note, anyway of only having the power button wake the screen? It's annoying having all the buttons do it at the mo...

Edited by EddyOS

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
Newer FroYo build

On another note, anyway of only having the power button wake the screen? It's annoying having all the buttons do it at the mo...

You might want to have a look at this forum over on XDA http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=683902 it shows instructions on changing the wake buttons. I've used it previously to activate menu to wake as well as power. Would assume it's the same on Froyo. Just tried it and removed the wake option from all the face buttons on MCR R17 Froyo FR50 build.

Edited by IIIIkoolaidIIII

Guest Golgo

Well, thanks for the effort Paul, really, but... meh.

Too many reports of (sometimes pretty critical) things not working properly, which is of course not surprising since its for another device after all.

I'll stick with your excellent MCR 3.1 until a official Desire Android 2.2 update comes along, or until North Korea wins the World Cup - which ever happen first.

I'll put my money on you, Kim Jong Il! ;)

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
Can you put your file up? I don't know exactly which command to use and just want the power button waking the screen...

I'll post my file, but if you are unsure of using adb then it may not be a good idea to use it.

First question to you have adb installed? Which OS are you on?

Guest EddyOS

I won't push the file, I'll resign a ROM and use it - CBA with the whole ADB stuff!! lol!!

Although, would an update ZIP work with it?

I've opened the file in Wordpad so know what I'm looking at just don't know which to set to WAKE_DROPPED

Edited by EddyOS

Prebakes up in the morning everyone... i'm also going to roll some kitchen updates that automatically do useful things to reduce load when the server gets hammered (like 1500 people all trying to download r18 custom bakes at once!)

P

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
I won't push the file, I'll resign a ROM and use it - CBA with the whole ADB stuff!! lol!!

Although, would an update ZIP work with it?

I've opened the file in Wordpad so know what I'm looking at just don't know which to set to WAKE_DROPPED

It's just the file zipped, I push it using adb. I've not used the ROM kitchen so unsure how you'd add it into the kitchen.

bravo_keypad.kl.zip

Guest EddyOS

Thanks

Adding it to a ROM is easy, I always add my standard apps to a ROM so wiping doesn't delete them (bar paid-for apps which I can't backup)

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII

Just ensure you add it to the right location. Yeah just read up on adding custom apps/files to ROM and seen it's very easy. :-) Gonna get a premium account when get paid, its well worth it. You should read up on adb and learn to use it's, much simpler than rebuilding and flashing your, especially for simple things like this.

File structure as it should be on the phone:

/system/usr/keylayout/bravo-keypad.kl

Guest marksyzm
I'm getting a missing system file in the kitchen:

E:Missing File:

system/lib/libmode10Graphics.so

This apparently was because I added amazon mp3. Downloaded the same ROM twice with this setting, didn't work, removed, worked fine.

Guest EddyOS
Just ensure you add it to the right location. Yeah just read up on adding custom apps/files to ROM and seen it's very easy. :-) Gonna get a premium account when get paid, its well worth it. You should read up on adb and learn to use it's, much simpler than rebuilding and flashing your, especially for simple things like this.

File structure as it should be on the phone:

/system/usr/keylayout/bravo-keypad.kl

Yeah I know, I just resign the ROMs anyway with things added so should I have to reflash it's all done...just flashing again now so will soon see if it works

Thanks again ;)

Guest djshadow666

getting

Writing BOOT:...

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

is there anyway to fix this, i just paid for the kitchen access cant use any roms. help

Guest danifamous

2 things.

1 is a bug (i guess / could be me) dont know if it is known.

cant make a kitchen rom without mail. i hate it (gmail app is best)

but it is still being downloaded with in when i deselect it =/ and i dont know if ext4 is working for A2SD+ (i ran outta space really fast...and i have a 1gig ext4 on my sdcard)

tried to remove it, and auto-sign, but my home button seems to stop working whenever i try edit a rom =/

happened to the FRF50 too... just about to try without signing....

and does anyone have the black banner zip? the white banner at the top looks kinda hid, especially with the nasty looking cartoony icons....

EDIT - seems to be a problem with me autosigning it. =/ could remove the apks needed, without signing it again. ;)

Edited by danifamous