MCR r21 Archive

Guest PaulOBrien

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
Had this knocked up by someone for me...black bar

http://www.mediafire.com/?nmzx3imnuiw

And IIIIkoolaidIIII, that file worked fine. Thank you!!

Nop problems, gald I could help.

May have to use that black bar, been needing one, you don't happen to have a screen shot? I should really learn how to theme android.

Edited by IIIIkoolaidIIII

Guest bhups
Is there a way of getting the contacts feature that is on the "27/May r3.1 - MoDaCo Custom ROM for HTC Desire with Online Kitchen" on this ROM?

Its very frustrating not being able to find the contact on my sim card with this ROM.

Else, can anyone recommend a app for the SIM contacts?

Many thanks.

Can anyone help with this please? I really need something to make the phone pick up the contacts as nicely as it does on the R3.1 rom.

Guest IIIIkoolaidIIII
Can anyone help with this please? I really need something to make the phone pick up the contacts as nicely as it does on the R3.1 rom.

You might want to try contacts2sim in the market.

Guest ALouie

just like the other froyo rom out there, how come i can't connect to 3G/HSDPA, only wifi? Any solution will be appreciated. Thanks.

Guest dancedreamfly
ok, i know this is newb, but how to install this? keep getting an assert failed when doing it through recovery

You have to use Koush's FakeFlash recovery (see the sticky here in the Desire forum) because the .zip is not signed.

Guest Johnstevedoe
just like the other froyo rom out there, how come i can't connect to 3G/HSDPA, only wifi? Any solution will be appreciated. Thanks.

If it's a problem with every ROM, it's likely your device's fault :/

Guest ALouie
If it's a problem with every ROM, it's likely your device's fault :/

i removed my SIM lock and i can now connect. I again baked a new rom since i am using last night unsigned rom. I hope the camera and mail (not gmail) work this time.

Guest sucramco
getting

Writing BOOT:...

E:Error finishing BOOT:

E:Failure at line 386:

write_raw_image PACKAGE:boot.img BOOT:

Installation aborted.

is there anyway to fix this, i just paid for the kitchen access cant use any roms. help

Hi Paul,

I know there is no way to fix this. However is it possible to make a smaller boot image please. I know there is a lot of people that have this issue and we are desperate to try the froyo roms. If you could help us out, that would be great.

Thanks

Marcus

Guest commodoor

First i would like to thank the developers of this Froyo version for their effort!

I downloaded the ZIP, put it on my SD and got into recovery mode on my desire.

After wiping the cache and the data i started the installation of the r18 rom (from the kitchen)

The installation was succesfull and i was able to boot my new rom!

But when i reboot my device for the first time after installation, the boot process stops at the "HTC" screen with white background.

I tried the above process several times with and without SD card, but my phone will not boot after the first reboot.

I've waited about 30 minutes every boot but nothing happens, only the white background with green HTC text.

What am i doing wrong?

I rooted my device and installed r16 several weeks ago (with APS2SD) without any problems..

Edit: When i connect my MicroSD to my pc, i see that my ext3 partition has become corrupt or some kind..? And my swap partition has gone? Before the installation it was all good.. After repartitioning the same problem appairs after installing the ROM, my ext3 partition gets corrupt again

Edited by commodoor

Guest commodoor
This is the r18 Desire thread, you want the N1 r18 release...

No, i have also a desire since a couple of weeks

update: just added my desire to my profile

Edited by commodoor

Guest mox2001

Does this ROM come with Scandinavian languages / keyboards?

I tried DeFrost 1.2 but it didn't have Scandinavian and the app on market doesn't support Scandinavian dictionaries in FroYo

Oh.. And please don't forget the pre-bakes, Paul ;)

Guest bhups
You might want to try contacts2sim in the market.

I done that, but it still doesnt beat the phone dialer on the r3.1 as it finds the names and numbers when you type it into the phone pad.

Guest haruryu

Hi All,

is it possible to install Dutch Language?

i tried more locale 2 but it doesnt work with Froyo.

All i need is Dutch language for when typing email or sms. the OS language can stay english.

cheers

Guest Bol2riz

Work like a charm like MCR use to work to be honest... except... I can't download attachments in MMS while I was able to with MCR 3.1 under Android 2.1

Is there a fix for that ?

Thanks a lot all

Guest spaceman07
Can someone share the battery life with r18 and which radio is using?

For the last month or so I have been having issues with my battery not lasting - mainly on stand by occasional odd call and text and I was getting around 16-18 hrs. This was using roms from xda and now I have baked my r18 rom using the kitchen.

Noticed the difference straight away.. stand by overnight hardly took any battery - went from 100 to 94.. but will have a better idea in a few days.

Using MCR r18 rom with 30.37 radio.. have everything turned off except 3G.

Edited by spaceman07

Guest ErwinV
Hi All,

is it possible to install Dutch Language?

i tried more locale 2 but it doesnt work with Froyo.

All i need is Dutch language for when typing email or sms. the OS language can stay english.

cheers

Just install HTC_IME and when in settings choose Dutch ;).

Guest mox2001
First i would like to thank the developers of this Froyo version for their effort!

I downloaded the ZIP, put it on my SD and got into recovery mode on my desire.

After wiping the cache and the data i started the installation of the r18 rom (from the kitchen)

The installation was succesfull and i was able to boot my new rom!

But when i reboot my device for the first time after installation, the boot process stops at the "HTC" screen with white background.

I tried the above process several times with and without SD card, but my phone will not boot after the first reboot.

I've waited about 30 minutes every boot but nothing happens, only the white background with green HTC text.

What am i doing wrong?

I rooted my device and installed r16 several weeks ago (with APS2SD) without any problems..

Edit: When i connect my MicroSD to my pc, i see that my ext3 partition has become corrupt or some kind..? And my swap partition has gone? Before the installation it was all good.. After repartitioning the same problem appairs after installing the ROM, my ext3 partition gets corrupt again

I just ran into somewhat the same problem.

After the boot screen my phone DIES and I have to remove the battery to reboot.

- using pre-baked R18 w/ additions ;)

Guest ownhere
I just ran into somewhat the same problem.

After the boot screen my phone DIES and I have to remove the battery to reboot.

- using pre-baked R18 w/ additions ;)

I have the same problem...